PDA

View Full Version : One way or return tickets?

jasper99
6th November 2009, 19:42
We are applying for the fiance visa this month, ready to submit everything now.

The vaf4a form asks how long do you plan to stay in UK? Should I put 6 months - the length of the fiance visa or longer as my gf is planning to stay here with me after marriage of course.

Also, thinking ahead, will having a one way ticket cause any problems when she does eventually arrive here?? as the visa technically will be for only 6 months.

Anyone run into this question???

Thanks
Joe

darren-b
6th November 2009, 19:47
We are applying for the fiance visa this month, ready to submit everything now.

The vaf4a form asks how long do you plan to stay in UK? Should I put 6 months - the length of the fiance visa or longer as my gf is planning to stay here with me after marriage of course.

Also, thinking ahead, will having a one way ticket cause any problems when she does eventually arrive here?? as the visa technically will be for only 6 months.

Anyone run into this question???

Thanks
Joe

Definately don't put 6 months, can't remember what we put but I guess it would have been something like "for the foreseeable future".

Had no problems with a one way ticket - even though it is only for 6 months it is a settlement visa.

Ji&Ma
6th November 2009, 20:35
Definately don't put 6 months, can't remember what we put but I guess it would have been something like "for the foreseeable future".

Had no problems with a one way ticket - even though it is only for 6 months it is a settlement visa.

:iagree: Can't remember either what we put in there - but I think it was something as Darren said.
And no problems at all with one way ticket :xxgrinning--00xx3: