PDA

View Full Version : Fiance Visa Now Or Jan 2010

Angel1403
6th November 2009, 22:48
Hi folks,

I was in manila 2 weeks ago and spent 8 great days with my Fiance, met her family and friends etc. WE had a fab time and got on great!

Its like we are meant to be together. It felt so natural being together it was amazing. So much so other friends etc were saying just how relaxed we were. It was like magic.

Anyway enough of the romantic stuff.....dont want you being sick LOL

We have been getting the eveidence etc sorted out with a view to submitting the Fiance Visa application around beginning of December.

However, today I just booked tickets for spending Christmas week with her and her family in Manila :D

Should we wait until January to submitt the application so we can include pics etc from the 2nd visit?

Thanks for advice :)

PS last visit we stayed at Shangri-La Makati & loved it. This time I cant decide wether to go back there or try the Penninsula, or any other nice hotel with good security in Makati?

Any thoughts on that?

darren-b
6th November 2009, 22:56
Why not submit the application near the start of your 2nd trip? Depending how long you stay there and how lucky you are you may be able to fly back to the UK together.

I've stayed at the Shangri-La, the Dusit Thani, and the Intercontinental, though never stayed at the Penninsula. The Shangri-La was probably the best of those 3, though I have a soft spot for the Intercontinental as that is where we stayed for my first trip to Manila.

Angel1403
6th November 2009, 23:05
Hi Darren,

Thanks for the reply. I am only in Manila for 8 days so I guess not long enough to get the Visa and fly home with my Fiance?

Yes I understand how you feel re Intercontinental. I guess the Shang feels the same for me. However, I loved it anyway. Def the best hotel I have ever stayed in with great security etc, but you def pay for it, but when so good I guess its worth it.

I just wonder re the Penninsula cause that looks very good too and around 3500 pesos a night cheaper for almost similar room etc.

Cheers

cheesewiz
7th November 2009, 00:05
me and my ex bf stayed in shangri-la for 3 days I would say its the best hotel in Phils everything is like perfect:xxgrinning--00xx3: well, you get what you pay ofcourse. Although we only stay in our room if were tired and need a good sleep and most of the time were out and about so its a bit of extravagant. I would like to stay in Shangri-la again but next time (if there's nxt time) I make sure I use most of the facilities to get my/our money back:D

Arthur Little
7th November 2009, 03:37
Hi folks,

I was in manila 2 weeks ago and spent 8 great days with my Fiance, met her family and friends etc. WE had a fab time and got on great!

Its like we are meant to be together. It felt so natural being together it was amazing. So much so other friends etc were saying just how relaxed we were. It was like magic.

We have been getting the eveidence etc sorted out with a view to submitting the Fiance Visa application around beginning of December.

However, today I just booked tickets for spending Christmas week with her and her family in Manila :D

Should we wait until January to submitt the application so we can include pics etc from the 2nd visit?

Nothing wrong with being romantic! :NoNo: And it's good to learn you both had such an enjoyable time together. :)

Getting down to the "nitty-gritty" though ... say, for instance, between now and the beginning of next month, you both concentrate on finalising your respective documents in readiness for submission to the Embassy as planned; this leaves you free to enjoy Christmas together, knowing the formalities are already in process.

On the other hand, you may want to utilise some extra time in building up more photographic evidence during your Festive visit ... and also allow ample scope for the two of you to thoroughly check through all the paperwork whilst YOU'RE THERE :rolleyes: ... in which case, it might be just as worthwhile postponing the application until January - bearing in mind that there are fewer working days available during the holiday period. Of course, this would mean it would be left to your fiancee to lodge the application herself ... since you'd have already returned to the UK again. But either way, it shouldn't really make a great deal of difference in the long run, as the Embassy tends to go through a quieter spell early in the New Year.

So Good Luck with whatever you decide. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

darren-b
7th November 2009, 09:20
Hi Darren,

Thanks for the reply. I am only in Manila for 8 days so I guess not long enough to get the Visa and fly home with my Fiance?

Yes I understand how you feel re Intercontinental. I guess the Shang feels the same for me. However, I loved it anyway. Def the best hotel I have ever stayed in with great security etc, but you def pay for it, but when so good I guess its worth it.

I just wonder re the Penninsula cause that looks very good too and around 3500 pesos a night cheaper for almost similar room etc.

Cheers

You have to be very lucky to apply for the visa, to be granted it, to attend the CFO session and to arrange a ticket on the same flight within 8 days, and at Christmas/New Year that may well be impossible.

All the 5* hotels that have been mentioned here are very good and have great security, though the one reason I've not booked the Peninsula is that it is not quite so convenient for Glorietta/Greenbelt as it is on the other side of Ayala Ave. We have stayed in other hotels in Manila, but our main reason for staying in those hotels is the location - if my wife meet friends in Glorietta/Greenbelt I can easily get back to the hotel without having to take a taxi.

LadyJ
7th November 2009, 14:35
Hi folks,

Thanks for advice :)

PS last visit we stayed at Shangri-La Makati & loved it. This time I cant decide wether to go back there or try the Penninsula, or any other nice hotel with good security in Makati?

Any thoughts on that?

If I was you I wouldn't submit my fiance application on that too early, I'd wait for your next visit and so gather more evidences.

Have you arranged or booked your wedding plans here in UK? what about have you and your partner meet all the other fiance requirements?

darren-b
8th November 2009, 05:59
If I was you I wouldn't submit my fiance application on that too early, I'd wait for your next visit and so gather more evidences.

Have you arranged or booked your wedding plans here in UK? what about have you and your partner meet all the other fiance requirements?

It doesn't matter if you haven't, as wedding plans are not essential when applying for a fiancee visa.

Angel1403
8th November 2009, 22:37
Hello follks

Thanks for all the great advice.

Yes I am inclined to wait untilo after the visit in Christmas week to have the Fiance Visa application submitted.

I will take all my "Evidence" with me to Manila and leave it with my Fiance. I will also leave the Christmas visit visit deatils and get pictures from tat trip also printed off to go with the pictures from the October visit.

Good point re enjoying the Christmas visit and not rushing the application.

In relation to "wedding Plans" I was planning to book the wedding etc guessing around 5 months into my Fiances stay> I thought that was required as evidence for Fiance Visa?

Also with the Fianve Visa application can I clarify the following :-

Length of stay question...Is indefinately an acceptable answer?

Working question.....Yes or No although I realise she cant work immediately etc in the UK but of course she will want to have a career or job.

Thanks again for all the help and advice.

And thanks Arthur, I had the best week of my life. I too love romance. My Fiance's cousin said it was if we were destined to be together we were so relaxed etc with each other.

It felt like I had known her & been with her all my life.....It was that good :)

darren-b
9th November 2009, 06:34
In relation to "wedding Plans" I was planning to book the wedding etc guessing around 5 months into my Fiances stay> I thought that was required as evidence for Fiance Visa?

Even though some people on here think you need wedding bookings to apply for a fiancee visa it is simply not true. Many of us easily got fiancee visas without them. How can you book a wedding when your fiancee is not in the UK (you can't get firm bookings for the church/register office) and you don't know when the visa will be issued?

Length of stay question...Is indefinately an acceptable answer?

Either that or "for the forseeable future" might be a good answer too.

Working question.....Yes or No although I realise she cant work immediately etc in the UK but of course she will want to have a career or job.:)

"Yes when I am legally allowed" or similar if she plans to work at some point. Just don't put too much focus on the working element.

thedug
22nd November 2009, 18:31
I agree with your idea of waiting until your next visit to have more photos, flight bookings etc. etc.
When I was working in Makati I stayed in the New World Renaissance Hotel (Marriott). It was a lovely hotel and, again, great location from greenbelt/glorietta

Angel1403
29th November 2009, 22:22
Thanx for the advice & sorry about the late reply.

Yes I am waiting until after my December visit.

Application to be submitted online then printed and submitted by Fiance with effidence docs etc in January.

Cheers