PDA

View Full Version : British Citizenship Ceremony

chiechie74
15th November 2009, 13:53
Hi guys,
hows everyone here in the forum????
well, m excited to say that, im looking forward to attend my british citizenship ceremony on Wednesday morning ( 18th Nov. 09).
no more worries, now its all over!!! brit paspport next but not so much cost a lot of £££.
planning to visit my (hubby's) brother and his family in sweden...no more hassle (visas) for holidays!!! woop woop.

cheers everyone!!!!

Dedworth
15th November 2009, 14:25
Well done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
15th November 2009, 14:46
Great news and dont forget to take some cash (yes even more) as the wife suddenly decided she did want an offcial photo and i ended up having to run all the way to the cash machine and back a few mintues away:rolleyes:

darren-b
15th November 2009, 15:09
Great news and dont forget to take some cash (yes even more) as the wife suddenly decided she did want an offcial photo and i ended up having to run all the way to the cash machine and back a few mintues away:rolleyes:

Yup, I had to do exactly the same. Wasn't expecting to have to pay for the photo on the spot.

joebloggs
15th November 2009, 15:39
no official photo at my misses, but the mayoress didn't have any problems with meeting everyone and have their picture taken afterwards :rolleyes:

somebody
15th November 2009, 15:50
no official photo at my misses, but the mayoress didn't have any problems with meeting everyone and have their picture taken afterwards :rolleyes:

We did as well but the Wife still wanted the pictures the offcial photgrapher took. The Wife was the first to be called up and before we could take a picture oursleves the next one was called up it was a bit of a production line:rolleyes:

As he had a tripod and the best angle it was worth it:xxgrinning--00xx3:

darren-b
15th November 2009, 15:54
We did as well but the Wife still wanted the pictures the offcial photgrapher took. The Wife was the first to be called up and before we could take a picture oursleves the next one was called up it was a bit of a production line:rolleyes:

As he had a tripod and the best angle it was worth it:xxgrinning--00xx3:

At my wife's we didn't have the option anyway - they banned all cameras apart from the official photographer.

joebloggs
15th November 2009, 15:56
At my wife's we didn't have the option anyway - they banned all cameras apart from the official photographer.

nah they didn't do that at my misses, they did ask people not to take pics until the certs were being given out,, no problems after that..

chiechie74
15th November 2009, 16:22
question: Are they saying their oaths individual or altogether?

somebody
15th November 2009, 16:23

All pictures and videos were banned unless your partner/friend was up getting the award.

joebloggs
15th November 2009, 16:29

altogether, if you want a individual ceremony that cost more money :doh

darren-b
15th November 2009, 16:33

At my wife's everyone said their name individually, but the rest they said together - half the room said the affirmation, the other half said the oath (you have the choice).

liane
15th November 2009, 16:36
Hi guys,
well, m excited to say that, im looking forward to attend my british citizenship ceremony on Wednesday morning ( 18th Nov. 09).
no more worries, now its all over!!! brit paspport next but not so much cost a lot of £££.
planning to visit my (hubby's) brother and his family in sweden...no more hassle (visas) for holidays!!! woop woop.

cheers everyone!!!!

Congratulations!:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

chiechie74
15th November 2009, 18:29
Congratulations!:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Thanks liane. :x

abby
15th November 2009, 20:02
wow.. congrats to you...

tiN
15th November 2009, 20:36
Congratulations :)

allyn
15th November 2009, 23:42
Hi guys,

cheers everyone!!!!

well done!!!!!:BouncyHappy:

Arthur Little
16th November 2009, 00:35
What a hassle, eh? ... still, worth it in the end! :) I imagine each town/city has its own format for such ceremonies. Congratulations, well done and ... ENJOY!

walesrob
16th November 2009, 10:40
altogether, if you want a individual ceremony that cost more money :doh

Elsa must have been one of the lucky ones, it was only her at the Ceremony, and as I found out from the Registrar, they only get maybe 1 Ceremony every 2 - 3 months. I remember Elsa managed to get an immediate appointment for the Ceremony - phoned up Monday and the Ceremony was on Tuesday morning at 11. No charge for the pictures or anything like that - I brought my own camera and took about 10 pictures. The actual ceremony was done in the Registrars office, it didn't seem like a ceremony to me, more like a friendly meeting (a bit like applying for a loan at a bank:icon_lol:), nothing formal about it, very casual and relaxed.

pennybarry
16th November 2009, 10:52
Goodluck to your Ceremony. If that will be held in Edindurgh, I wish to witness how it goes. No idea here.:D:D eheheheh Did you apply in Hamilton Scotland for your citizenship applications?

chiechie74
16th November 2009, 11:19
What a hassle, eh? ... still, worth it in the end! :) I imagine each town/city has its own format for such ceremonies. Congratulations, well done and ... ENJOY!

hassle im talking about is applying for visas in any other countries for hoilday if im still using a philippine passport...now brit passport is alot more better..cant go sweden for that..still go to london for applying visa....oh well, thanks.

Jonnywina
16th November 2009, 14:49
Hey..Congrats! How long do you have to stay in the UK before you can apply for British Citizenship?

My husband and I are happy for you!

J&W

Ann07
16th November 2009, 15:04
well done:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ji&Ma
16th November 2009, 15:10
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Well done, our sincerest congratulations :Hellooo: :BouncyHappy:

chiechie74
16th November 2009, 16:50
Hey..Congrats! How long do you have to stay in the UK before you can apply for British Citizenship?

My husband and I are happy for you!

J&W

Hi thanks!!!...3 yrs of stay in the UK.:)

Chie.

aug06_2006
16th November 2009, 17:10
congrats

Jonnywina
17th November 2009, 13:28
3 years of stay in the UK..that is not too bad. And I though it was 5 years :omg::yikes:

Thanks for the reply :) and Congratulations again!

J&W:BouncyHappy:

darren-b
17th November 2009, 14:15
3 years of stay in the UK..that is not too bad. And I though it was 5 years :omg::yikes:

Thanks for the reply :) and Congratulations again!
J&W:BouncyHappy:

It's 5 years normally, 3 years if you are married to a British citizen.