PDA

View Full Version : Steps through British Citizenship

kimmi
15th November 2009, 20:07
hi guys,

just want to ask some help and clarifications with regards to step by step process in acquiring british citizenship.

1. Fiancee Visa/Spouse visa

2. FLR ( after fiancee visa)

3. ILR ( you need to apply 28 days before your FLR or spouse visa expires)

4. Naturalization ( a year after your ILR:Erm:)
- what's the difference between OATH and AFFIRMATION:Help1:

5. British passport ( is there a definite month/year or day when you should apply or its up to the applicant if he/she wanted to?

I am not sure if these has been asked before but I've already searched the forum still cant find the answers..thanks..:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

somebody
15th November 2009, 20:41
hi guys,

just want to ask some help and clarifications with regards to step by step process in acquiring british citizenship.

5. British passport ( is there a definite month/year or day when you should apply or its up to the applicant if he/she wanted to?

I am not sure if these has been asked before but I've already searched the forum still cant find the answers..thanks..:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Hiya Kimmi

You forgot to mention the step win the lottery to help pay all the fees:D

Oath and Affirmation

Oath is religous principles

Affirmation is not.

At the one my wife went to most people chose the oath (including those who were not christain) and a group who were all skih or muslim but im sure many others dont wish to swear the oath for various reasons choose the other.

http://www.newcastle.gov.uk/core.nsf/a/citizenceremony#oath

To be honest it makes no big difference to most all they want is the cert:D

You can apply for your Brit Passport the mintue you have the citzenship certficate in your hand but of course best to fill in the form once out of the citzenship cermony.

So will Kimmi soon be a Brit:Erm:

Another Pinay soon to be chating about the weather, looking to join queues:Erm:

bornatbirth
15th November 2009, 20:44
Another Pinay soon to be chating about the weather, looking to join queues:Erm:

you forgot moaning about the goverment,paying tax and all these foreigners coming into the country and taking our jobs :Erm: :icon_lol:

darren-b
15th November 2009, 21:12
Some corrections...

Up to 28 days before your FLR expires or up to 28 days before the 2 year anniversary of your arrival in the UK if you have a spouse visa.

At least 3 years after you first became resident in the UK. No need to wait for a year after you get ILR.

Of course this will all be changing.

pennybarry
16th November 2009, 14:19
hi guys,

Good question Kimmi.
I am looking forward for your application. Goodluck!:)