PDA

View Full Version : Please help!! Do i really need to show money in my account?? How much???

nivea
16th November 2009, 17:47
HELP...:bigcry:

I am due to submit my documentation to the embassy this week, i
I work for my family in the family business and they are sponsoring my return flight.

I have mentioned on my documents that i will only be staying in the UK for a month ..although i know when there i can get an extension and stay for up to 6 months ..

My Auntie is sponsoring me whilst i am there, i will be staying with her in her house and she is feeding me of course

I am aware of all the documents i need and invitation letters ..etc etc ...

My question is ...do i still need to show money in my account? even though i am being sponsored ???* ..if so how much do you think i need to show?? ...

this may well cause me a problem, as i never use my account for salary..i get paid in cash and any money i have left i just keep in house ...:doh

------please help:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:-----nivea and bruce

bruce
16th November 2009, 19:01
honey like we have just been talking about ..i think b/cause its ur auntie that is sponsering u it will be her that needs to show she can support you ..which she has fone with the invite letter and banks statements and ownership of her property ..i hope this is the case

we both know u have some money but rarely use a bank account ..

we would both appreciate anybodies opinion on this matter ....

darren-b
16th November 2009, 19:20
Lack of money in your account should not be an issue.

Saying you are going to stay for a month, and then staying for 6 months may cause you a problem for future applications. The BIA like people to do what they say they are going to do (builds up trust).

Secondly (I did mentioned this on another post) applying for a family visit visa and not mentioning a UK boyfriend has caused other members of this forum problems when they applied for fiancee/spouse visas (goes back to the trust issue again..).

bruce
16th November 2009, 19:48
Lack of money in your account should not be an issue.

Saying you are going to stay for a month, and then staying for 6 months may cause you a problem for future applications. The BIA like people to do what they say they are going to do (builds up trust).

Secondly (I did mentioned this on another post) applying for a family visit visa and not mentioning a UK boyfriend has caused other members of this forum problems when they applied for fiancee/spouse visas (goes back to the trust issue again..).

thanks you reply on this matter ..she has actually mentioned me (fiancee) on the form ..we guessed it was best to do that for future reasons ..

with regards to lenth of stay she was thinking along the lines of keeping it low for the application to give herself a better chance and maybe they would look for less money in her account ?? but if there is not going to be an issue with the money than maybe she should change dates a stay longer ...

jonathan47
17th November 2009, 00:52
bruce, if you apply to stay for a month or 2 weeks you are suppose to do that or close to it if your fiance stays say for 5 moths and 3 weeks ...if you apply for another follow up visit visa there may be a problem as you didnt do what you said and they will believe thatwas always your intention.what they look at is that she will go home and stay for the period of time she intended !...however i guess after this visit you will prob apply for fiance or spouse visa and as long as you meet the well published critiria for that visa they have to treat your application fairly so it would be very difficult to refuse based on your fiance staying for a longer period than stated previously... imho

regards
and good luck

jonathan

darren-b
17th November 2009, 07:48
bruce, if you apply to stay for a month or 2 weeks you are suppose to do that or close to it if your fiance stays say for 5 moths and 3 weeks ...if you apply for another follow up visit visa there may be a problem as you didnt do what you said and they will believe thatwas always your intention.what they look at is that she will go home and stay for the period of time she intended !...however i guess after this visit you will prob apply for fiance or spouse visa and as long as you meet the well published critiria for that visa they have to treat your application fairly so it would be very difficult to refuse based on your fiance staying for a longer period than stated previously... imho

regards
and good luck

jonathan

They could though look into an fiancee/spouse application in more detail, and/or call you in for an interview and give you a hard time.

I can't advise the length of visit you should say. Often shorter visits are more likely to be approved, but as the job is with a family business and assuming the aunt has the money a longer visit may well be approved too.

jonathan47
17th November 2009, 11:20
darren b
i think it fair to say that if you she stayed longer than the period requested you could and should expect an interview how ever as long as you satisfy the eco or the true nature of your relationship and you satisfy all other critiria i think they would struggle to refuse,

i am sure its why they have called my fiance as they refuse a visa for my gf a different girl within the last 12 months and although i had already relised we were not right together, under those circumstances i am not surprised they want to interview my fiance,
regards

darren-b
17th November 2009, 13:50
I agree that they can't refuse on that alone for a fiancee or spouse visa, though they possibly could if you applied for another visit visa. But ideally you don't want them spending more time on your case than necessary in case they happen to find something else.