PDA

View Full Version : How much money your husband/bf give you when you ask?

beth18
17th November 2009, 17:57
I hope that this will not be an offesive topic....

Others might say depends what's the money for? For us women of course its for shopping, I always end up at Primark cos I only got 30 40 quid.

This is another reason why I want to keep my job.

RickyR
17th November 2009, 18:06
Well I give my fiance whatever she wants; she knows how much I earn and i'm completely open, we do our budgets every month and we survive :-)

Ana_may365
17th November 2009, 18:19
i dont need to ask:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:coz im the one who hold or keep our money where ever we go,even if were in phils or in thailand or here in uk:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tonet
17th November 2009, 23:06
I am working so i don't ask money from my husband anymore. When i didn't have a job i simply didn't go shopping unless he felt like treating me. ;)

pennybarry
18th November 2009, 08:33
I do seldom ask money and hubby is moody in giving me money. Sometimes, if I don't ask, he gives me more than enough. If I ask, he is bit tight.:omg: If I am working, he still gives me allowance to save. If not working, I always want to do a short courses and he is very supportive. Governement Jobseeker's support, husband support, Mom's support and I feel that is too much.:doh

If I'm working, I am very independent :Hellooo::BouncyHappy::cwm12: and I love it!

Tish
18th November 2009, 08:38
It's me that gives hubby £600 a month :doh But that's my contribution towards our expenses really :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tish

maria_and_matt
18th November 2009, 08:38
my husband gives me an allowance every month, £500, but i do have to pay for my mobile contract and my sons too... and also the dog insurance, my bills comes up to £100 another £100 goes to my son....its never enough:icon_lol::icon_lol:

scottishbride
18th November 2009, 08:43

Others might say depends what's the money for? For us women of course its for shopping, I always end up at Primark cos I only got 30 40 quid.

In my case, I don't need to ask my hubby. I just hit the ATM machine.:D The good thing is I am the one who holds the money and do the budget.

adam&chryss
18th November 2009, 09:08
My hubby gives me £5 or £10 a week, hehehe (kuripot ano?). It's because for the bus fare :icon_lol:
We have joint account and I have a debit card which I can use to withdraw his money. But since it's not my own money I don't spend much or go shopping myself. Plus we have kids to look after for, so even how much I wanted to spend his money I can't. Our kids always comes first.
Same as you I want to get a job soon as my lil' Chubs is bit older. Or if I'll be lucky to find a weekend job :)

Goodluck for your job hunting sis! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

maria_and_matt
18th November 2009, 09:50
In my case, I don't need to ask my hubby. I just hit the ATM machine.:D The good thing is I am the one who holds the money and do the budget.

if i do the budgetting in the house we wont have electricity, water and gas by now:icon_lol::icon_lol:

KeithD
18th November 2009, 10:07
My wife gets about £1.20 an hour depending on how much cleaning, cooking, ironing, etc.... she's done :rolleyes:

vbkelly
18th November 2009, 11:08

will my money is my money and his money is my money aswell so no need to ask if how much im gonna spend for shopping lol ika nga im the boss

maria_and_matt
18th November 2009, 11:12
My wife gets about £1.20 an hour depending on how much cleaning, cooking, ironing, etc.... she's done :rolleyes:

hahaha, ate ping is underpaid:icon_lol::icon_lol: she has to talk to the union:icon_lol:

KeithD
18th November 2009, 11:18
hahaha, ate ping is underpaid:icon_lol::icon_lol: she has to talk to the union:icon_lol:
She does :xxgrinning--00xx3: .... although whoever voted in a guinea pig as head of the union should be shot :rolleyes:

pennybarry
18th November 2009, 11:19
If I will do the budgeting, they will surely reduce their weight. No more sweets, no meat, no beer, no pies, only rice, veggies and seafood and no shopping to ASDA, ALDIs, Morrisons and M&S. Just COOP and Costcutter will be fine. No more steak, no more chicken breast, no loin. Only chicken wings, legs, liver and meat bones are allowed at fridge. Reduce electric, water bills, oil for boiler. I will not use the tumble dryer and dishwasher, I will use my hands. No television, no heater, 1 fridge is enough. Only computer can be on!

I will surely suffer from headache and they will kick me out!:bigcry::Brick:
Thanks God! I have no bills to pay yet. :D

South-east boy
18th November 2009, 11:47
If I will do the budgeting, they will surely reduce their weight. No more sweets, no meat, no beer, no pies, only rice, veggies and seafood and no shopping to ASDA, ALDIs, Morrisons and M&S. Just COOP and Costcutter will be fine. No more steak, no more chicken breast, no loin. Only chicken wings, legs, liver and meat bones are allowed at fridge. Reduce electric, water bills, oil for boiler. I will not use the tumble dryer and dishwasher, I will use my hands. No television, no heater, 1 fridge is enough. Only computer can be on!

:icon_lol:

Ana_may365
18th November 2009, 11:58

:icon_lol::icon_lol:our bills is not my headache:doh:doh:dohcoz it comes from hubbys direct debit:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:so,what r u waiting for?come on!lets go shopping:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Arthur Little
18th November 2009, 12:21
Ah, well now ... as a State Pensioner, I receive a 'Single Man's' basic amount of £98.45 weekly. On top of that, I am given an additional entitlement of £57.05 for my wife ... a grand total of £155.50. Doesn't go far, :NoNo: but it enabled Myrna to open a bank account of her own, with the smaller sum being placed aside each Monday, as a means of saving for her ILR in 2011.

So, in effect, the allowance I receive NOW for having a wife will go back into the Government's coffers :bluegrab: in the longer term. Ironic really! :doh

alicat
18th November 2009, 12:25
i dont ask money anymore i just used my credit/debit card..

alicat
18th November 2009, 12:27

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Arthur Little
18th November 2009, 12:44
:icon_lol::icon_lol:our bills is not my headache:doh:doh:dohcoz it comes from hubbys *direct debit:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:so,what r u waiting for?come on!lets go shopping:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

:iagree: Our household bills are paid *that way too ... and day-to-day living expenses are covered by my occupational pension plus the larger of the two amounts already mentioned.

Florge
18th November 2009, 12:48
hmm.. don't know really... what's funny is that, for me, 5 quid seems like 50 pesos.. so i don't have the sense of the pounds yet, if you know what i mean... lol.. so i rarely go shopping for fear that i may be even paying for more that what i'm suppose to...

what's wrong with Primark? Fiancee wants to bring me there to shop for winter clothes... sounds like not a nice idea then? hmmm.. I wonder...

anyway, i get 40 pounds every payday (yup, he's a bit tight too.. lol)... don't need it actually as my fiancee gives me what i want.. so the 40 quid is actually savings.

Arthur Little
18th November 2009, 13:06
what's wrong with Primark? Fiancee wants to bring me there to shop for winter clothes... sounds like not a nice idea then? hmmm.. I wonder..

Nowt wrong wi' Primark, Florge :NoNo: ... apart from their "woollens" being more like *acryllic! But then, this *fabric - if not exactly designed for providing much-needed warmth - tends to have a longer "lifespan" than wool ... in MY experience anyway.

triple5
18th November 2009, 13:45
If you haven't got expensive taste and into designer labels, Primark's fine for affordable fashionable clothes.

Tawi2
18th November 2009, 13:53
Primark's nickname is Primani because a lot of their designs are nicked from brand-name clothing ranges :icon_lol:

September
18th November 2009, 14:34

:icon_lol: she is not a wife then, she is slave (joke only walang pikon) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

September
18th November 2009, 14:45
Beth what is that 30 or 40 quid,daily ??? weekly?? or once in a while.....:cwm24:

liane
18th November 2009, 15:37
He let me handle the budget, he always gives extra money though. So I make sure that I buy something for him:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
18th November 2009, 15:42
[QUOTE=Ana_may365;190792:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:so,what r u waiting for?come on lets go shopping[/QUOTE]

I'm not feeling well Ana.:omg: Please give me more time for our shopping.:D

Me and my friend had window shopping at John Lewis Edinburgh and I got this headache 'til now. All expensive,:bigcry: I bought only 1 gift for my Mom and that's it! My husband birthday is coming soon so more headache to come.:Brick: Christmas is coming and I don't know where to hide.:CompBuster:

RickyR
18th November 2009, 15:43
We sit down together at the start of the month and plan what we are spending money on, what is going into savings. What my spending money is while i'm at work, what bills we have, what Marvie needs etc.
It's easy being open, I earn the salary, but my commitment is for us both, and she's the boss anyway :-(

Arthur Little
18th November 2009, 17:59
... she's the boss anyway :-(

:NoNo: What? SHE "wears the trousers"? ... b:censored:dy marv(i)ellous! :doh

beth18
18th November 2009, 18:32
This is getting interesting.

September = that 40 quid was when the day of Sarah geronimo's concert, I invited my friend from Wales to come to London so I can go with her, so we have the whole saturday to walk about, apart from that he paid for our tickets which was 60 quid each. (he paid for my friend as well) so that's £120

Some says they hold the money, Hmmm my husband says we have to have a joint account, I dont like to, hahaha. i can join his account though.

Aside from the shopping money I just ask him if I need something then we get everything on line. But I dont shop a lot, been here in London in and out for 3 years but I still convert and still end up on saying, " I can buy that in the Phil's next Holiday".( Hubby, lets me go home every 6 months.)

he puts money on my debit card every monday for food, and he sends £300 to my daughter everymonth, he pay for my oyster top up whenever we use the tube. we eat out every weekend, he pays for everything and cant ask for more.

I only pay monthly bus pass to go to work.

i know he spends a lot for us, so every time I go for holiday in the Phils, I dont ask money, I use my savings from my work, to keep my ego, but he pays for tickets and top up my account towards the end of my holiday.

RickyR
18th November 2009, 20:01
:NoNo: What? SHE "wears the trousers"? ... b:censored:dy marv(i)ellous! :doh

That the scary thing, i'm not sure sometimes. Too much tampo lol.

Ann07
18th November 2009, 20:17
I use my own money:) But my husband always gives me what i want even if i have my own LOL :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheesewiz
18th November 2009, 22:56
unfortunately, nobody giving me money for my shopping, holidays, paying the bills etc its all coming from my hardwork...but i can do what i want and nobody tells me where i am going to spend my money.

i am really hoping that when i have my own family someday i can get over it by relying to my future husband's money that's why i am saving as much as i can now while i am single so i have my own money for myself and for my family incase of emergencies. Bec I want to be a fulltime housewife for a bit:)

Arthur Little
18th November 2009, 23:32
I want to be a fulltime housewife for a bit:)

:) A very honourable ambition ... particularly in this day and age!

antony73
19th November 2009, 11:56
It's a difficult thing for me, wanting to give my girlfriend money and needing to save up to visit/marry her. She has never asked for money and always refused when I offer. Recently I have been more pushy and said at least let me pay for your internet chat time (£6 p/mth)

It's a little silly, her brother has just sold one of his pigs for 2500 pesos to buy some medicine, that's only £30! Still, if she continually refuses, there's nothing I can do.

In the uk, I would guess £100 p/wk.

KeithD
19th November 2009, 12:02
It's a difficult thing for me, wanting to give my girlfriend money and needing to save up to visit/marry her. She has never asked for money and always refused when I offer. Recently I have been more pushy and said at least let me pay for your internet chat time (£6 p/mth)

It's a little silly, her brother has just sold one of his pigs for 2500 pesos to buy some medicine, that's only £30! Still, if she continually refuses, there's nothing I can do.

In the uk, I would guess £100 p/wk.
When you visit buy the brother a few animals....it is better for the long term :)

dave63
19th November 2009, 12:09
what:omg:does this mean that I am entitled to "pocket money":BouncyHappy:and not give it all to my wife:doh she never told me this:Brick:

September
19th November 2009, 14:38

September = that 40 quid was when the day of Sarah geronimo's concert, I invited my friend from Wales to come to London so I can go with her, so we have the whole saturday to walk about, apart from that he paid for our tickets which was 60 quid each. (he paid for my friend as well) so that's £120

Some says they hold the money, Hmmm my husband says we have to have a joint account, I dont like to, hahaha. i can join his account though.

Aside from the shopping money I just ask him if I need something then we get everything on line. But I dont shop a lot, been here in London in and out for 3 years but I still convert and still end up on saying, " I can buy that in the Phil's next Holiday".( Hubby, lets me go home every 6 months.)

he puts money on my debit card every monday for food, and he sends £300 to my daughter everymonth, he pay for my oyster top up whenever we use the tube. we eat out every weekend, he pays for everything and cant ask for more.

i know he spends a lot for us, so every time I go for holiday in the Phils, I dont ask money, I use my savings from my work, to keep my ego, but he pays for tickets and top up my account towards the end of my holiday.

That was not bad,isnt he ? He is angel :rolleyes: supporting your daughter as well for 300 every month yeah, you cant ask for more, your too much :icon_lol:

Fitzy
19th November 2009, 18:06

Hmmmm.

Far to generous mate heheheheh:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Just kidding ladies.

Emma askes me for nothing:)

Well, except for a baby, that looks like me god forbid:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tonet
19th November 2009, 21:44

On your first post it made me feel u were moaning coz u only get £30-£40 for shopping and always ends up in Primark.....
With everything he gives you/does for u and daughter u still got time to moan?????:yikes:

vbkelly
20th November 2009, 00:40
On your first post it made me feel u were moaning coz u only get £30-£40 for shopping and always ends up in Primark.....
With everything he gives you/does for u and daughter u still got time to moan?????:yikes:

some people they never pleased what the man did for them just keep moaning thou:D:D:D

vbkelly
20th November 2009, 00:54

hello wakey wakey! your husband paid and give you everything and you keeps moaning you'll be lucky your husband cares about your daughter and he's sending £300 a month, is your husband the real dad of your daughter if his not you'll be lucky then.

gingxrick
20th November 2009, 01:21
Oh dear ate ping ur underpaid.You need to speak to the labour union...:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::Rasp:

pennybarry
20th November 2009, 08:35

Wow! That is too much! You don't need to moan.:omg:
That was the amount(300£)/month I moaned joking with my hubby b4 but no luck.
If my husband really gives me what I want, I can surely travel to Pinas 4 times a year!!!:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

I pay my holidays, hubby gave me 200£ from my last holiday and I treasuresd it. My Nanay gave me her bankbook for my budget in case I'll be out of budget. I have seen from her account almost all of the money I have sent to her. :omg: but I spent only 10% of it. I was so shy.:cwm38:

beth18
20th November 2009, 18:22
Vbkelly= he is not the real dad, he is the step dad. Yes I am lucky.

I dont really moan, I was just curious. and its so hard to live here in central london, we are only 10 mins walk away from oxford street, and everyday i pass by Regents street and see shops full of people. Or maybe this is just all stress from work.

Florge
20th November 2009, 20:12
aahhh.. so Primark is like Divisoria then... oooooo... i love it!!! anyway, at the end of the day, it wouldn't matter if you wear branded stuff.. it all boils down to how you carry the clothes.. and if you look, talk and walk with class and knows how to be fashionable with just anything, then you will do well... a woman with class can always carry any clothes whether if it's a Gucci suit or a copycat. There are loads of people I know who buy expensive stuff but has never covered their rough manners.. funny eh..

lizaphil
20th November 2009, 20:55

my hubby not giving me at all ..because i got my job so no need
and im not been asking anyway longtime ago...its just big argument
:bigcry::bigcry:

pennybarry
21st November 2009, 15:05
a woman with class can always carry any clothes whether if it's a Gucci suit or a copycat. There are loads of people I know who buy expensive stuff but has never covered their rough manners.. funny eh..

And many out there thinks that if they are wearing branded, they are angat sa iba kahit utang. I fancy jewelry shop than fashion botique.:D:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
21st November 2009, 15:58
I know the Wife ships back the primark Clothes and Hand bags and what not to Phill and its lapped up. Why because it looks trendy etc. The materials are also usually quite thin so not to bad in Phill as well:D

It may of been a 3 quid handbag (or whatever they cost) but it looks good on their arm so they are happy:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Luckily the Wife has learned like I did before her dress well and mix and match and you can look smart with out spending a lot of money.

On the dosh side well we are equal human beings so the money we both earn is both of ours. If one of us spends it on stuff which is a waste the other would feel let down.

Why would you want someone to give you money and feel good about it? Most in my family and friends around me although fully support the benefits system would never want to use that unless its an emgency.
I know many in Phil who we could help out with small sums by UK standards but they would never take a direct hand out and would want to pay us back in some shape or form.

For me its far better to spend your own hard earned money in primark than someone elses in Harrods but maybe its me:Erm::D

beth18
22nd November 2009, 17:26
thank you all for sharing your views on this thread.