PDA

View Full Version : Student Visa Maintenance fund concern

skirmish
20th November 2009, 11:48
I'm applying for a Student Visa and I really need your help guys for I'm confused regarding the maintenance fund or show money that must have been in your bank account for 28 days prior to uk embassy application. My question is what if my maintenance fund is already on its 35th days in the bank would this affect my visa application?
Appriciate your help guys...Thanks.

skirmish
3rd December 2009, 11:24
Source: http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/news.aspx
From 1 October 2009, for all points-based system Tier 4 applications made outside the UK, the amounts required to meet the maintenance criteria must be held in your personal or your parent(s)/ legal guardian(s) bank account for a minimum period of 28 days prior to making your visa application. The end of the 28 day period must not be more than 1 month before the date of your application, for which you must show bank statements/other evidence. The transitional arrangements that were in place allowing funds to be held on the date of application only will no longer apply to applications made outside the UK, on or after 1 October 2009.

:Help1: What does it mean? 'coz on my own understanding once you already maintained your fund for 28 days you can always start your application anytime starting from 29th day which is the 1st day until the 30th day as long as it will not be more than to 1 month does giving you 58 days total.
Therefore, Fund maintained w/in 28 days then after that anther w/in 30 days you can start your application anytime.

Really need your help guys for I'm a bit confused :Cuckoo: about this. Thanks.

Boy Ulo
22nd January 2010, 06:12
I guess it means that once you have earned (or deposited) the required amount you should maintain this (without making another deposit or widrawal) for no less than 28 days.

“The end of the 28 day period must not be more than 1 month before the date of your application, for which you must show bank statements/other evidence.”

At this point you only have barely 2 days to lodge your visa application. Otherwise your bank documents will exceed 1 month and the embassy will not accept this anymore as a valid document and your visa application will be refused on these grounds. So you should plan ahead before lodging your application.