PDA

View Full Version : Passenger APD Premium Class Travel!!!!!

Fitzy
25th November 2009, 21:10
Even though I have worked at the Airport for almost 20 years, I still can't figure out the loony Governments policies on green taxing the flying public??
It seems that, if we book a Premium Class Cabin, opposed to Economy, that we must be responsible for burning more emissions into the atmosphere:cwm34:
So I ask myself, why do we have to pay more into the Governments greedy coffers if we fly in a more comfortable class??

The mind boggles.

I hope you are reading this Mr Darling:angry:

darren-b
25th November 2009, 21:22
I guess the reasoning behind it is that you would take up more of the plane (wider seat and/or more leg room) and hence be responsible for larger amount of the emissions than an economy passenger.

Emissions per passenger would be a lot lower if there was only economy seats (assuming of course they filled the plane..).

KeithD
25th November 2009, 21:26
From all the 'green' airline tax, not 1p has been invested in anything 'green', not even a bogey!

Fitzy
25th November 2009, 21:42
From all the 'green' airline tax, not 1p has been invested in anything 'green', not even a bogey!

Exactly mate.
My point all over!!!!

Fitzy
25th November 2009, 21:43
I guess the reasoning behind it is that you would take up more of the plane (wider seat and/or more leg room) and hence be responsible for larger amount of the emissions than an economy passenger.

Emissions per passenger would be a lot lower if there was only economy seats (assuming of course they filled the plane..).

See the boss's reply mate.

They couldn't get away with something like that.
It really wouldn't make that much difference!
Interesting thought tho'

darren-b
25th November 2009, 21:54
Exactly mate.
My point all over!!!!

I thought your point was why were you charged more, not why you were charged in the first place?

Though I agree there's nothing green about it - it's not even enough to really persuade people not to fly especially as if you are travelling long distance there is no other option.

KeithD
25th November 2009, 21:57
I was on a plane with 2 engines when one failed, I asked the pilot how far the other one would take us, he said "to the crash site" :Erm:

Fitzy
25th November 2009, 22:02
I thought your point was why were you charged more, not why you were charged in the first place?

Though I agree there's nothing green about it - it's not even enough to really persuade people not to fly especially as if you are travelling long distance there is no other option.

I think you get the gist now as to what I was getting at mate:)
The moral is, we pay more, coz we CAN!!
your answer was interesting however:)
All us brits ever do is have a moan, and not do much else about it:icon_lol: