PDA

View Full Version : Hi y'all!

Sera_6969
26th November 2009, 01:23
Hi there everyone, I'm Sera from the UK currently dating the.most.wonderful.girl.ever who is here working as a residential carer on a student visa. We've known each other for maybe four years and been together for two.

Her visa runs out very (too) soon and i'll probably be popping up on other threads with a myriad of annoying questions :Help1:, but first, i'll do some reading of this site.

Thanks to all who are contributing and thx in advance to all who help. She wants to stay, i want her to stay (Mr & Mrs... Ahhh :cwm38: ) So, fingers crossed... :)

x

whiteraven
26th November 2009, 07:52
welcome to the forum sera, i hope you get all of the help you need. i may be wrong but i think she will have to return to phil before you can apply for fiance or spousal etc:Hellooo::Hellooo:

liane
26th November 2009, 08:12
Hi welcome to the forum!:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

darren-b
26th November 2009, 08:51
welcome to the forum sera, i hope you get all of the help you need. i may be wrong but i think she will have to return to phil before you can apply for fiance or spousal etc:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Welcome to the forum.

It can be done without returning to the Philippines (need to apply for a Certificate of Approval) but it depends how much time you have before her visa expires and how this fits in with when you want to get married.

Ladybug_sim
26th November 2009, 09:00
Sera Hi! Welcome to the forum ..:Hellooo:

Ji&Ma
26th November 2009, 09:27
:Hellooo: Hi Sera, welcome in here and enjoy. I'm sure you will find answers to your questions in here :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It can be done without returning to the Philippines (need to apply for a Certificate of Approval) but it depends how much time you have before her visa expires and how this fits in with when you want to get married.
:iagree::gp::iagree:

Ana_may365
26th November 2009, 10:05
hiya!sera,welcome aboard:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

September
26th November 2009, 10:46
Sera welcome to the forum, you can marry her if you really love her, good luck

IainBusby
26th November 2009, 11:04
Sera welcome to the forum, you can marry her if you really love her, good luck

Hi and Welcome to the forum. I believe she can apply for permission from the home office to get married if she's on a student visa. Apart from that the only thing she can do is go home to the Philippines and then if you decide you really want to be together long term, you can apply for a fiancee visa or go to the Philippines, get married there and then apply for a spouse visa.
Iain.

aphrodite78
26th November 2009, 11:49
hi welcome aboard, i am sure most of the forum members would be very glad to help you answer your queries.

Sera_6969
26th November 2009, 20:43
Many thanks to all for the warm welcome :) Happy to be here.

And thank you already, for the advice. The Certificate of Approval looks promising: http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2009/july/coa-policy-on-fee-return

:D

nivea
27th November 2009, 08:18
:Hellooo::Hellooo: HELLO SERA!! WELCOME TO THE FORUM!! --NIVEA AND BRUCE

scottishbride
27th November 2009, 08:36
Hi there everyone, I'm Sera from the UK currently dating the.most.wonderful.girl.ever who is here working as a residential carer on a student visa. We've known each other for maybe four years and been together for two.

Her visa runs out very (too) soon and i'll probably be popping up on other threads with a myriad of annoying questions :Help1:, but first, i'll do some reading of this site.

Thanks to all who are contributing and thx in advance to all who help. She wants to stay, i want her to stay (Mr & Mrs... Ahhh :cwm38: ) So, fingers crossed... :)

x Welcome to the Forum! Goodluck to your plans! :)

aug06_2006
27th November 2009, 10:31
Hello n welcome to the forum

Arthur Little
27th November 2009, 12:28
Welcome to the forum.

Hi and Welcome to the forum. I believe she can apply for permission from the home office to get married if she's on a student visa. Apart from that the only thing she can do is go home to the Philippines and then if you decide you really want to be together long term, you can apply for a fiancee visa or go to the Philippines, get married there and then apply for a spouse visa.
Iain.

Many thanks to all for the warm welcome :) Happy to be here.

And thank you already, for the advice. The Certificate of Approval looks promising: http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2009/july/coa-policy-on-fee-return

:D

Choices, choices ... que sera, sera! Ultimately, it will be for YOU and your girl to decide in accordance with the terms of her existing visa. For now, however, I wish the two of you all the best, and have much pleasure in welcoming you to the forum. :Hellooo:

Sophie
28th November 2009, 19:33
welcome to the forum sera :)

South-east boy
28th November 2009, 20:15
Hi there Sera! That's an unusual name that you have!

Anakin
28th November 2009, 21:06
Welcome Sera. Hope it works out for you and the future Mrs. Sera :)