PDA

View Full Version : Im Back From The Philippines

englishbird
27th November 2009, 18:25
Just landed back into Heathrow at 5am this morning. Will post a full report on my trip when I feel normal again!!. The jetlag has nearly killed me this last week.:omg:

Englishbird:icon_lol:

Florge
27th November 2009, 18:28
welcome back!!!

September
27th November 2009, 18:29
:icon_lol: Go on have a rest, welcome back to UK

whiteraven
27th November 2009, 18:33
hi englishbird, will look forward to your full report later:Hellooo::Hellooo:

bornatbirth
27th November 2009, 18:49
lets hope you had a nice time!

what happened to spencer? :D

kimmi
27th November 2009, 19:37
welcome back..hope u had a great time in the Philippines..:)

RickyR
27th November 2009, 21:42
Just landed back into Heathrow at 5am this morning. Will post a full report on my trip when I feel normal again!!. The jetlag has nearly killed me this last week.:omg:

haha, imagine doing 100 + flights a year and being expected to give sensible coherant answers within a few hours of landing..... Have to be honest, suffered serious jetlag the last time I was out in Asia and was ill, took me about 2 weeks to adjust and ruined my entire leave :-( So I do feel for you.

So what do you think to the good old Philippines?

South-east boy
27th November 2009, 22:07

I think you're getting mixed up with English Rose?!

A friend of mine got back from Manila last Friday and is still trying to get over the jet-lag! Does it make much difference if you manage to sleep much during the flight with the jet-lag?

triple5
27th November 2009, 22:11
I think you're getting mixed up with English Rose!

yep, i get confused whos who :Erm: welcome back, hope you had a nice trip :)

joebloggs
27th November 2009, 23:58

most times i went to the phils i got back at manchester int around 6am, got a taxi home, had a wash, changed me clothes and went to work :icon_lol:, thou i did fall aleep at work once :doh

but jetlag hits you harder if you go for a week, never go for a wk if you can help it :NoNo:

South-east boy
28th November 2009, 00:02
most times i went to the phils i got back at manchester int around 6am, got a taxi home, had a wash, changed me clothes and went to work :icon_lol:, thou i did fall aleep at work once :doh

I'm not surprised! :icon_lol:

joebloggs
28th November 2009, 00:09
I'm not surprised! :icon_lol:

well its either come back from the phils a day earlier and sit at home, or an extra day in the phils and goto work the same day :D

jam07
28th November 2009, 03:30

welcome back englishbird! :Hellooo: hope you had a great time in PI :)

pennybarry
28th November 2009, 07:05

Welcome back and please take your time until you feel normal.:D

whiteraven
28th November 2009, 07:47
Welcome back and please take your time until you feel normal.:D

if i waited till i felt normal to make a post you wouldnt hear from me again:Rasp::D

liane
28th November 2009, 07:57

Hope you had a nice time when you were here in Philippines.:)

English Rose
28th November 2009, 15:12
lets hope you had a nice time!

You're muddling English Bird up with me, English Rose. Following the advice on here, and from my sons, I have decided to have nothing to do with Spencer and his friends.

aromulus
28th November 2009, 15:31
You're muddling English Bird up with me, English Rose..

You will have to forgive him, he's only a confused Utd supporter, Thinking for him doesn't come easy....:doh

Following the advice on here, and from my sons, I have decided to have nothing to do with Spencer and his friends.

Yup, better safe than sorry.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jem
28th November 2009, 15:40
Welcome back!!! cant wait to hear all about ur trip and how it was to see Edwin!! xx

joebloggs
28th November 2009, 16:33
You will have to forgive him, he's only a confused Utd supporter, Thinking for him doesn't come easy....:doh

coming from an Italian who lives in Wales and supports Chelsea :doh

:D

aromulus
28th November 2009, 16:42
coming from an Italian who lives in Wales and supports Chelsea :doh

:D

Oh... Here is another one....:doh

Strange fact tho....
This one actually lives around Manchester...... Not many do...:omg:

South-east boy
28th November 2009, 16:45
Hope you had a nice time when you were here in Philippines.:)

Where did you go? Look forward to seeing the pics too!

Looks like Liane gets bored with her avatar pics, as she has a new one again though they all always look nice!

Arthur Little
28th November 2009, 18:49
yep, i get *confused whos who :Erm: welcome back, hope you had a nice trip :)

*Me too!! :lol2: ... but I DID remember you were the British lady with the Filipino boyfriend.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your short visit to Manila ... and everything worked out for both of you. Looking forward to reading your update once the jet-lag wears off ...

Arthur Little
28th November 2009, 19:08
Welcome back!!! cant wait to hear all about ur trip and how it was to see *Edwin!! xx

Ah yes, *Edwin ... that's the guy's name! I'd been wracking my brain :23_111_9[1]: there, after someone had mentioned Spencer. :rolleyes: Still trying to figure out 'English Bird's' name, though :icon_lol: ... mmm ... sure I read it somewhere ...!

Arthur Little
28th November 2009, 19:21
Where did you go?

:Erm: She went to Manila ... a long way to go for a week, but I'm sure it was worth it!

Arthur Little
28th November 2009, 19:25
Looks like Liane gets bored with her avatar pics, as she has a new one again though they all *always look nice!

:lol2: ... *Flattery will get you EVERYWHERE ... !

bornatbirth
28th November 2009, 20:39
english bird,english rose which one went for a week to manila to meet there bf :Erm:

the advice on here, and from my sons, I have decided to have nothing to do with Spencer and his friends.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: thats good to hear.

[SIZE=4] Thinking for him doesn't come easy....:doh

im under stress,next week i will have 6 weeks to find another job before i get made redundant :bigcry:

anyway chelsea wont be top for long :D i hope :Erm:

Arthur Little
29th November 2009, 00:22
english bird,english rose which one went for a week to manila to meet there bf :Erm:

T'was English BIRD ... she FLEW there ... and back! :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
29th November 2009, 01:43
im under stress,next week i will have 6 weeks to find another job before i get made redundant :bigcry:

:bigcry: Allow me to shed a few tears on your behalf. I can still clearly remember the feeling as if it were yesterday ... even though it's over 40 years ago, now! :doh

I'd been married to my first [late] wife for around 13 months, and had only just learnt she was expecting our first child. One Monday morning, in January 1969, my boss came in a little later than usual. Beckoning me into his office, he gestured to me to take a seat, stared down at the tartan carpet for a few seconds, coughed nervously then, raising his head, blurted out the words: "Arthur, I'm afraid you're going to have to look for another job!" ... simple as that! :omg:

The "laugh" was ... the :Bugger: was virtually an alcoholic. And I'd lost count of the number of times I had had to cover for him ... and make excuses to clients on his behalf. Yet, here was I ... getting "the heave"! :furious3:

My employer at the time, was one of the UK's leading building societies ... and I was one of three people who worked at the small local office in Perth. So the total staff there comprised, the Branch Manager, myself as clerk/cashier and a shorthand typist. In common with other young guys [I was 24 at the time] at most of the other Scottish branches, I was made "redundant". More accurately, all of us were being repaced by women, in accordance with a directive from the Head Office in Bradford ... simply because, in those far-off days, it worked out "cheaper to employ female staff - as opposed to males - in clerically-orientated roles. As it transpired, this was a last-ditch move by business organisations to take such action before the Industrial Relations Act of the previous year fully came into force.

Anyway, mate, it's all history now; sorry to bore you with the details. I've no idea what YOUR line of work is, :NoNo: but I wish you all the best in finding another job to your liking. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
29th November 2009, 02:02
anyway chelsea wont be top for long :D i hope :Erm:

Fear not, my friend ... you'll find another job - long before Chelsea FC is toppled, I assure you! :D

bornatbirth
29th November 2009, 11:56
Fear not, my friend ... you'll find another job - long before Chelsea FC is toppled, I assure you! :D

i would prefer chelsea to be toppled before i got a new job :Erm:

thx arthur :D

South-east boy
29th November 2009, 12:18
i would prefer chelsea to be toppled before i got a new job :Erm:

thx arthur :D

Lets hope that Arsenal win this afternoon then! :xxgrinning--00xx3: Need some luck though what with all the injuries that have been happening!

English Rose
29th November 2009, 12:54
It was English Bird who went to Manila. I'm going on 8th December to meet my friend Emil and staying until 29th. I will test you when I return to see if you have remembered that name .....

englishbird
29th November 2009, 13:42
Hi Everyone.

It was me Englishbird who went to Manila for a week to see my BF. I am still completely spaced out, but I will attempt to tell you abit about my trip. Not too much though, cos I don't want to bore you all:icon_lol:

I flew to Manila with cathay pacific via Hong Kong, they were great. They even landed early in Manila! I was dreading Manila airport as I have read so many horror stories about that place, but I collected my luggage and was out of the airport within 30 mins and with no hassle. I did feel like I was being stared at abit but that may have been my imagination!:icon_lol:

I had arranged to meet Edwin at the passenger waiting area at the letter E but he decided to wait at the letter T. So i had a few minutes of panic, thinking that he hadnt come to meet me, plus I couldnt call him cos my mobile decided it wasn't going to work there.

We stayed at the Somerset Salcedo in Makati, I would highly recommend it. It is serviced apartments rather than a hotel. The staff were great, nothing was too much trouble.

I really liked Manila and found the people really friendly. We went to Greenbelt, Mall Of Asia, Star City and a few other places around that area. The only complaint I would have is the traffic!!.Oh my god! I have never seen traffic like it, it was a continuous rush hour,

Next time I go it will be for longer than a week and we will go out of Manila. so I can see some more of the country. I won't see my BF again now until July. When I will go to his cruise ship in Alaska to see him. Thats such a long time to wait!:bigcry:

Englishbird:Hellooo:

aromulus
29th November 2009, 13:56

When I will go to his cruise ship in Alaska to see him.

Be very careful with that, as I have seen several crew members, in a distant past life, sacked for being caught "entertaining" passengers in their cabins....:omg:

South-east boy
29th November 2009, 14:34
Am not surprised that your still spaced out as I guess must have felt a bit jet-lagged there and by the time you were feeling back to normal it was nearly time to come home again! :icon_lol:

Dedworth
29th November 2009, 14:40
Hi Everyone.

It was me Englishbird who went to Manila for a week to see my BF. I am still completely spaced out, but I will attempt to tell you abit about my trip. Not too much though, cos I don't want to bore you all:icon_lol:

I flew to Manila with cathay pacific via Hong Kong, they were great. They even landed early in Manila! I was dreading Manila airport as I have read so many horror stories about that place, but I collected my luggage and was out of the airport within 30 mins and with no hassle. I did feel like I was being stared at abit but that may have been my imagination!:icon_lol:

I had arranged to meet Edwin at the passenger waiting area at the letter E but he decided to wait at the letter T. So i had a few minutes of panic, thinking that he hadnt come to meet me, plus I couldnt call him cos my mobile decided it wasn't going to work there.

We stayed at the Somerset Salcedo in Makati, I would highly recommend it. It is serviced apartments rather than a hotel. The staff were great, nothing was too much trouble.

I really liked Manila and found the people really friendly. We went to Greenbelt, Mall Of Asia, Star City and a few other places around that area. The only complaint I would have is the traffic!!.Oh my god! I have never seen traffic like it, it was a continuous rush hour,

Next time I go it will be for longer than a week and we will go out of Manila. so I can see some more of the country. I won't see my BF again now until July. When I will go to his cruise ship in Alaska to see him. Thats such a long time to wait!:bigcry:

Thanks for the write up, what are the rates at Somerset Salcedo in Makati ? Hope you get over the jet lag soon :)

liane
29th November 2009, 14:47
Where did you go? Look forward to seeing the pics too!

Looks like Liane gets bored with her avatar pics, as she has a new one again though they all always look nice!

I thought it would be nice to have some Christmas theme picture:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I can't wait to be Christmas again:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Anyway, thanks for the compliment Tim.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

englishbird
29th November 2009, 18:09
Be very careful with that, as I have seen several crew members, in a distant past life, sacked for being caught "entertaining" passengers in their cabins....:omg:

We are very careful not to get caught. This will be the 4th time that I have visited him on a ship. It was a bit risky last time as my cabin was only a few doors way from the bridge:omg:. Theres no pressure from me, its entirely up to him if he wants to visit my cabin, if not I just sit and chat to him where he is working.

englishbird
29th November 2009, 18:14
Thanks for the write up, what are the rates at Somerset Salcedo in Makati ? Hope you get over the jet lag soon :)

Hi

I paid just over £500 for the week in a one bedroomed apartment. They also have studios which are cheaper and 2 and 3 bedroomed apartments. Breakfast was included in the price, as was internet access. The rooms come with a full kitchen with microwave, cooker and plenty of cutlery and crockery. There was also a dining room table and 4 chairs, 2 seater sofa and arm chair, tv, dvd player and cd player.

My only complaint, no tv in the bedroom!!:icon_lol:

bornatbirth
29th November 2009, 20:57
It was English Bird who went to Manila. I'm going on 8th December to meet my friend Emil and staying until 29th. I will test you when I return to see if you have remembered that name .....

Hi Everyone.

:Erm: thx for clearing that up,i was getting confused who doing what!

you will get looked at a lot and a week isnt really long enough but its good you got to sample the philipines :xxgrinning--00xx3: