PDA

View Full Version : couple of questions, dudes and dudettes

belfast_dude
30th November 2009, 20:48
1. when i save my chat logs in yahoo archive,, r they saved on my computer or in a yahoo memory bank somewhere?

2. even if i did not save the first years worth of chat logs on yahoo...is it possible to obtain these chat logs from yahoo?

3. i will soon be posting over important documents for the visa application...can anyone recommend a safe and secure mode of posting them over and making sure they arrive with no difficulties?

4....what is a good amount of savings to have in a bank account for the visa?

5. i live with family ...do you guys think this will affect the application??

triple5
30th November 2009, 20:57
1 your pc

2 Don't think so

3 Sure somebody whose been through it can recommend.

4 At least 2 grand

5 Shouldnt do, if you have a covering letter from your parents or whoever.

Hope that helps, the last 2 don't take as gospel, just what I've picked up around here.

darren-b
30th November 2009, 21:01
1. when i save my chat logs in yahoo archive,, r they saved on my computer or in a yahoo memory bank somewhere?
Probably on your computer.

2. even if i did not save the first years worth of chat logs on yahoo...is it possible to obtain these chat logs from yahoo?
Very much doubt it.. Do you really think Yahoo saves all the chats?

3. i will soon be posting over important documents for the visa application...can anyone recommend a safe and secure mode of posting them over and making sure they arrive with no difficulties?
If you can't find a friend who is travelling out there pick a good courier - like DHL.

4....what is a good amount of savings to have in a bank account for the visa?
At least couple of thousand seems to be recommended.

5. i live with family ...do you guys think this will affect the application??
Many people do it that way. Is the house big enough to house the number of people?

Comments in red

IainBusby
30th November 2009, 22:48

On Windows Vista and Windows 7 they are stored here: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\Profiles\YahooProfileName\Archive\Messages\ and on Windows XP they are stored here: C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\Profiles\YahooProfileName\Archive\Messages\.
Unfortunately the chats are encoded and can only be printed out by logging into Yahoo, opening the archive and copying and pasting each chat into notepad or a MS Word document.

The chats are not stored online by yahoo and in fact if you happened to chat on a different computer at any time, that particular chat will be on that other computer. Of course this is only if you remembered to tick the "Yes save all of my messages" box as the default is "Yes save all of my messages, but clear them each time I sign out".

Iain.

Doc Alan
1st December 2009, 18:28
I am on a NHS pension, my bank account is never overdrawn, and I can pay all bills each month (with bank statements to prove it), I don't use credit cards, but I don't have £2000 "savings" in my bank account. I have copies of Western Union payments made monthly to support my fiancee, also e mails and I have retained text messages. I'm hopeful that will allow us to obtain a fiance visa. I do have £585 for the visa and of course I'm budgeting to pay for a flight to the Philippines and subsistence while I'm there, hopefully for 3 weeks with my fiancee in April. Does this seem reasonable? Thanks as always for your advice.

IainBusby
1st December 2009, 19:02
I am on a NHS pension, my bank account is never overdrawn, and I can pay all bills each month (with bank statements to prove it), I don't use credit cards, but I don't have £2000 "savings" in my bank account. I have copies of Western Union payments made monthly to support my fiancee, also e mails and I have retained text messages. I'm hopeful that will allow us to obtain a fiance visa. I do have £585 for the visa and of course I'm budgeting to pay for a flight to the Philippines and subsistence while I'm there, hopefully for 3 weeks with my fiancee in April. Does this seem reasonable? Thanks as always for your advice.

I think it's best if you can show some savings because the ECO will know that you will need to be able to pay for your fiancee's flights, the wedding, FLR etc and eventually ILR of course. You could always borrow 2 or 3K, put it in your bank for six months and then add just a little to it each month. As long as you wait 6 months or so before you apply so that the loan doesn't show up on your bank statements.

If you do take out a loan it's best if you can pay the monthly payments on it from another account so that it doesn't look like a major debit from your account each month.

Doc Alan
1st December 2009, 20:39
Thanks for your prompt response Iain, I'm hoping to avoid posting any documents by providing them in person with my fiancee at the Visa Application Center in Manila. Should she apply on line and arrange an appointment with the VAC to hand over the fee and supporting documents, or hand in the completed form VAF1F with supporting documents at the appointment ? I do have proof (Western Union transfer forms) that I have supported her since July (6 months already) towards subsistence, nursing school fees (she hopes to graduate in April) etc with approximately £500 each month, without taking a loan or becoming overdrawn. Therefore I am confident I can pay for her flights, the wedding in UK, FLR and ILR over the forthcoming months. Would you share my confidence, obviously assuming what I have told you is accurate? I do appreciate your help and I'm hoping by being honest and open on this forum that others may benefit too.

IainBusby
1st December 2009, 21:20
Thanks for your prompt response Iain, I'm hoping to avoid posting any documents by providing them in person with my fiancee at the Visa Application Center in Manila. Should she apply on line and arrange an appointment with the VAC to hand over the fee and supporting documents, or hand in the completed form VAF1F with supporting documents at the appointment ? I do have proof (Western Union transfer forms) that I have supported her since July (6 months already) towards subsistence, nursing school fees (she hopes to graduate in April) etc with approximately £500 each month, without taking a loan or becoming overdrawn. Therefore I am confident I can pay for her flights, the wedding in UK, FLR and ILR over the forthcoming months. Would you share my confidence, obviously assuming what I have told you is accurate? I do appreciate your help and I'm hoping by being honest and open on this forum that others may benefit too.

£500 a month! Wow, that's an awful lot of money in the Philippines. Well I make that £3000 in six months so I suppose it shows that although you don't have any savings you do appear to have a fair amount of disposable income over and above your normal outgoings each month. I think that you should stress this in your letter of support.

belfast_dude
1st December 2009, 22:30
another question.....how many photos will be enough....or too much for the application?

Doc Alan
1st December 2009, 22:50
Thanks again Iain, and apologies to Belfast dude for joining in this thread (but I'm finding what you say of interest and relevance). £500 a month is a lot of money as you say, but it includes support for her as a result of typhoon Ondoy which affected her accommodation and belongings in Marikina City. The fact that I could achieve this from disposable income without either overdrawing or taking a loan should as you suggest be included in my letter of support. I'm learning a great deal from this forum which is allowing us to plan for the future rather than "hope for the best" or "bahala na".

belfast_dude
1st December 2009, 22:55
Thanks again Iain, and apologies to Belfast dude for joining in this thread (but I'm finding what you say of interest and relevance). £500 a month is a lot of money as you say, but it includes support for her as a result of typhoon Ondoy which affected her accommodation and belongings in Marikina City. The fact that I could achieve this from disposable income without either overdrawing or taking a loan should as you suggest be included in my letter of support. I'm learning a great deal from this forum which is allowing us to plan for the future rather than "hope for the best" or "bahala na".

no problems dude...we are all this forum to help eachother and any info u r given helps me...and any info i am given helps others....the circle of wisdom is for all po

Arthur Little
1st December 2009, 23:01
I understand that you're a retired doctor. Like your goodself, my wife was a professional person ... albeit a High School teacher for 22 years in the Philippines. It is my belief that such a background in itself will, undoubtedly, go a long way towards influencing an Entry Clearance Officer in your favour ... as I remain convinced it DID with Myrna, since I was already retired and living on a modest occupational pension.

Given those circumstances, therefore, I'm fairly confident of your fiancee's application being successful :rolleyes: ... especially on the basis of the information you've provided in response to Iain's posts.

As regards applying on line, I have to say, WE didn't!! :NoNo: But then, it's a matter of choice, really. And, I suppose - being an old-fashioned type of guy - I simply preferred the more traditional way of doing things, i.e., completing the form by hand, and submitting it in person [along with the requisite supporting documents] to the Embassy in Manila.

Doc Alan
2nd December 2009, 00:05
I seem to spend a lot of time thanking people on this forum ! But I'm obliged to respond to your comments Arthur by saying just how reassuring they are ! Your "traditional way of doing things" to obtain the visa is also my favoured option. I'm hoping to be with my fiancee for 3 weeks in April for her graduation, to meet her family, and sort out the visa together. You and I are both canny Scots I think (I'm from Glasgow originally) and of a similar age and maturity, even if courtship at 6000 miles is not so "traditional" !

darren-b
2nd December 2009, 07:45
another question.....how many photos will be enough....or too much for the application?

The photos are to show you've met and are in a relationship (wedding photos if applicable), not for them to see where you went on your holiday. Think we've only used maybe 5 or 6 including one or two with my fiancee's family.