PDA

View Full Version : xmas is almost here again :-(

maria_and_matt
6th December 2009, 20:00
i am sure that most pinays will agree with me, xmas back home is still the best.
i miss going to the aginaldo (midnight mass), the smell of bibingka when you leave church, smiling filipino people. despite the hardships we encounter back home we always are ready to smile. family around us, i miss that. going to church on the 24th going home to noche buena, opening gifts after and just bonding with family. and i can remember being in the mall on xmas day spending the money we got for xmas.

i miss home :-(

jonathan47
6th December 2009, 20:03
ahh thats sounds lovely i think i will have to plan to be there one yr with my mahal....it can be good here to we have midnight mass and xmas dinner is nice ...hope its good for you and you not miss home to much

jj & a

Arthur Little
6th December 2009, 20:05
... oh, Nooooooooo - [BIG PANIC!] - don't remind me ... :Help1: ... !

Ana_may365
6th December 2009, 20:42
that is the BIG reason why we always celebrate x-mas and new year in the phils.:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

jonathan47
6th December 2009, 20:54
thinking about it spending 2-3 weeks in the philippines when its the coldest wettest part of the year here mmmm annabel !!! its xmas in the philippines next year darling !!!
heheheh

j and a

South-east boy
6th December 2009, 20:54
The mall is open on Christmas day?! :NoNo: Can't people stay away from the shops for just one day of the year?! :rolleyes: I feel sorry for all the people that have to work on Christmas day as they won't get much time with their families.

My Christmases seem to get quieter as the years go by, as grandparents are not around anymore, no partner here and cousins have their owns families or are with families of their wives etc.

Sophie
6th December 2009, 21:03
i am sure that most pinays will agree with me, xmas back home is still the best.
i miss going to the aginaldo (midnight mass), the smell of bibingka when you leave church, smiling filipino people. despite the hardships we encounter back home we always are ready to smile. family around us, i miss that. going to church on the 24th going home to noche buena, opening gifts after and just bonding with family. and i can remember being in the mall on xmas day spending the money we got for xmas.

Cheer up sis :) I know how you feel, i feel exactly thesame way, homesickness and xmas blues kicking in already.......sigh....

bornatbirth
6th December 2009, 21:09
christmas was great when i was a kid,it kinda got boring as a got older :bigcry: so it will be great to experience my first filipino xmas with my wife...maybe next year :xxgrinning--00xx3:

maria_and_matt
6th December 2009, 21:10
Cheer up sis :) I know how you feel, i feel exactly thesame way, homesickness and xmas blues kicking in already.......sigh....

i was putting up some decorations and it suddenly hit me, i miss home:bigcry:
i will go back home for the holidays but my hubby has an elderly uncle that spends xmas with us, i think that he needs us more here, my family back home is a big one lots of people to keep each other happy but my hubbys uncle will have no one if we go back home :-(. my husband told me his uncle will be ok one xmas without us, but i would feel so guilty if i went back home :-(

Sophie
6th December 2009, 21:38
i was putting up some decorations and it suddenly hit me, i miss home:bigcry:
i will go back home for the holidays but my hubby has an elderly uncle that spends xmas with us, i think that he needs us more here, my family back home is a big one lots of people to keep each other happy but my hubbys uncle will have no one if we go back home :-(. my husband told me his uncle will be ok one xmas without us, but i would feel so guilty if i went back home :-(

I can already imagine how you must be torned between wanting to spend xmas back home with your family/relatives
and not leaving your husband's uncle here by himself on xmas and feeling guilty about leaving him behind...
Maybe if your husband's uncle can still travel, how about taking him with you back home for xmas? Unless he can no longer physically cope to go on long trips....

LadyJ
6th December 2009, 21:52
christmas was great when i was a kid,it kinda got boring as a got older :bigcry: so it will be great to experience my first filipino xmas with my wife...maybe next year :xxgrinning--00xx3:

That's sound exciting BAB!! Im sure you'll enjoy your first xmas there..

Me too, Im hoping to spend xmas and new year there next year with my first family:xxgrinning--00xx3:

maria_and_matt
6th December 2009, 21:53
I can already imagine how you must be torned between wanting to spend xmas back home with your family/relatives
and not leaving your husband's uncle here by himself on xmas and feeling guilty about leaving him behind...
Maybe if your husband's uncle can still travel, how about taking him with you back home for xmas? Unless he can no longer physically cope to go on long trips....

he is now 84 yrs old and i do not want to put him through a long plane journey, over the years when i make an attempt to go back home, i always hold back coz of him. we are his only family, i do not want to leave him, but at the same time i miss spending xmas with my family.

LadyJ
6th December 2009, 21:56
he is now 84 yrs old and i do not want to put him through a long plane journey, over the years when i make an attempt to go back home, i always hold back coz of him. we are his only family, i do not want to leave him, but at the same time i miss spending xmas with my family.

I know how you feel...we're millions all over the world who wants to go home and spend xmas there. So cheer up and one day your wish will happen:xxgrinning--00xx3:

maria_and_matt
6th December 2009, 22:09
I know how you feel...we're millions all over the world who wants to go home and spend xmas there. So cheer up and one day your wish will happen:xxgrinning--00xx3:

yeah one day :)

Sophie
6th December 2009, 22:11

It must be hard for you, but i admire your big heart sis and your concern for your husband's uncle....
You sacrificed over the years not going back home to be with your family just so you don't leave him behind here on his own.....
I'm sure he's so grateful for everything you're doing for him and he is so lucky to have you as part of his family, being his nephew's wife.....:)

maria_and_matt
6th December 2009, 22:20
It must be hard for you, but i admire your big heart sis and your concern for your husband's uncle....
You sacrificed over the years not going back home to be with your family just so you don't leave him behind here on his own.....
I'm sure he's so grateful for everything you're doing for him and he is so lucky to have you as part of his family, being his nephew's wife.....:)

sis, i feel for him, he's never married, he is living alone. my hubby was askin me why i wont go back even on my own with matt, and i told him i do not want to be without uncle doug for xmas, i love him and my xmas wont be the same without listening to him snore after xmas lunch:icon_lol:

Arthur Little
6th December 2009, 22:38
it will be great to experience my first filipino xmas with my wife...maybe next year :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:rolleyes: I had THAT privilege LAST year ... even went *swimming in the sea on Christmas Day! :cwm24: Can you imagine doing anything as *daft HERE? Brrr! :36_1_26[1]:

Sophie
6th December 2009, 22:44
sis, i feel for him, he's never married, he is living alone. my hubby was askin me why i wont go back even on my own with matt, and i told him i do not want to be without uncle doug for xmas, i love him and my xmas wont be the same without listening to him snore after xmas lunch:icon_lol:

Hehehe, the after-party snore from uncle doug, lol :D:D

bornatbirth
6th December 2009, 23:22
:rolleyes: I had THAT privilege LAST year ... even went *swimming in the sea on Christmas Day! :cwm24: Can you imagine doing anything as *daft HERE? Brrr! :36_1_26[1]:

they do that down on bournemouth beach,skinny dipping on new years day or is it xmas day? :Cuckoo:

etoile23
7th December 2009, 08:15

I can imagine how you really feel :bigcry: this is my first ever xmas away from home so it is a bit sad and i terribly miss pasko sa pinas.

But still... hope you have a happy christmas!:cwm38:

maria_and_matt
7th December 2009, 08:32
I can imagine how you really feel :bigcry: this is my first ever xmas away from home so it is a bit sad and i terribly miss pasko sa pinas.

But still... hope you have a happy christmas!:cwm38:

awwwww, it is hard but i am sure you will have a good time. it is a bit different from the way we celebrate xmas back home.

i hope you have a happy xmas too.:)

IainBusby
7th December 2009, 09:15
bah humbug

KeithD
7th December 2009, 09:24
Best part of Xmas is stuffing the turkey :thorsten_rammler:

pennybarry
7th December 2009, 09:35

:iagree: Our Pasko is still the best. Christmas is really magic there. No money but when Chritmas comes, they have some and they are happy when opening their gifts. We have always family reunion and party games when I'm home.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Will not agree :Blacklistliar: if they don't miss their family back home.
I wish me and hubby will come home on Christmas. :BouncyHappy::cwm12::Hellooo:

Tawi2
7th December 2009, 12:41
Christmas somewhere hot and sunny is terrible(:bigcry:)I used to hate the champagne and steak BBQ's on Repulse Bay beach(:bigcry:)swimming and walking along the sand were boring(:bigcry:)I much prefer grey skies,damp air,and the chance of cold rain like we have here in the UK(:ARsurrender::NoNo:)I am sending some people money this afternoon,one of them is using it to buy a christmas......COW:cwm24::Erm:(only in pinas)???Who was it who said its better to give than receive?I think they were referring to something like leprosy or sarcoptic mange:Erm:I think its better to receive than give(except those diseases mentioned)but I am getting nowt(unless I buy it for myself)as Ian says................BAH!HUMBUG!(Merry christmas everyone:icon_lol:).

maria_and_matt
7th December 2009, 18:24
bah humbug

what now?

September
7th December 2009, 18:25

your homesick again,are you?:)

maria_and_matt
7th December 2009, 18:28
your homesick again,are you?:)

kinda, but preparations for my 2 month trip back home july-sept 2010 is in full swing :icon_lol: started to buy gifts for my family.. cant wait :cwm34:

IainBusby
7th December 2009, 19:48
what now?

Xmas is almost here again and I haven't finished paying for last xmas yet. :Erm:

RickyR
8th December 2009, 06:07
My first Christmas in 8 years in the UK this time, with Marvie and Angel. Now they are excited about that prospect, i'm dreading the cold weather, the snow, the rain, the i want this and that tantrums........

Christmas in the Philippines is good, especially with a lechon baboy roasting over half an oil drum full of coals :-) mmmm

KeithD
8th December 2009, 09:53
Christmas in the Philippines is good, especially with a lechon baboy roasting over half an oil drum full of coals :-) mmmm
:Erm: Nothing to stop you doing that here.

September
8th December 2009, 18:56
bah humbug

Whos hambog ???? humbug ??? :Erm:

September
8th December 2009, 18:59
kinda, but preparations for my 2 month trip back home july-sept 2010 is in full swing :icon_lol: started to buy gifts for my family.. cant wait :cwm34:

rainy season Maria, prepare like ondoy weather :NoNo:

maria_and_matt
8th December 2009, 19:41
rainy season Maria, prepare like ondoy weather :NoNo:

we always go back in august we only had one terrible august there, but we shall take with us life jackets just in case:cwm34: