PDA

View Full Version : Victims? kin welcome transfer of Ampatuan trial

Win2Win
8th December 2009, 18:00
The families of the Maguindanao massacre victims welcomed the Supreme Court?s decision transferring the venue of the murder trial of Andal Ampatuan Jr. to Quezon City.

More... (http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/nation/view/20091208-240862/Victims-kin-welcome-transfer-of-Ampatuan-trial)

Tawi2
9th December 2009, 16:33
Its better,Amputuan Jr murdered a guy in front of scores of people back in 2002:Erm:in the Venue in Davao,I used to go in there often before it was turned into a call-centre,it used to get packed with large crowds,when the case came to court there wasnt a single witness willing to testify :Erm:Money and local intimidation buy a verdict I guess :rolleyes:

triple5
9th December 2009, 17:33
I heard about that, wasn't it a general's son or something who he murdered? I didnt realsie it happened in the Venue (when was it turned into a call center?). I went there last year, the place was completely empty. Nothing like a murder to keep the punters away.

Tawi2
9th December 2009, 18:08
The Venue building itself is a call-centre,I think it happened earlier this year:Erm:I met a crazy woman there once from Tagum :rolleyes:apart from that Venue used to be a decent place to relax,drink coffee,listen to the live bands and eat a decent Thai meal(Theres another Thai resto now in Bajada called Bangkok Wok).

triple5
9th December 2009, 18:28
There's some great restaurants in davao. I kept getting recommended French, Mexican, Italian restaurants, but didnt find the time to check them all out. I love the apo view buffet, I think it cost about 1600 for the two of us, well worth it :)