PDA

View Full Version : Urgent; Advice me please

Happy_Now
10th December 2009, 12:20
My son recieved this message last November

From Mrs Elaine Mary Hayes, Manager Hilton Hotel Metro pole London.
This Invitation mail is from Hilton Hotel London, Pls Hilton Hotel Needs Men And Women, Who Can Work And Live here In Hilton Hotel London. Hotel Will Pay For Your Ticket And The Visa Fee In Your Country,If You Are Interested kindly Contact Assistant Manager, Sir, Sherard Frank Coles, Via This E-mail Address Bellow;. londonhiltonhotel@yahoo.co.uk For More Information.
Cheers, Mrs Mary .E. Hayes General Manager Hilton London Metro pole.

He applied for the job through email and passed the interview and send his passport copy and pictures for the visa processing. What i want to solicit for advice was;
He need Tourist Identity Card and Entry Clearance Pin Codes and need to pay 175 pounds and need to send to United Kingdom Lawyers Office London in this address.
Wesley Gryk Solicitors
140 Lower Marsh
London
SE1 7AE
also, my son needs 6 days processing only. Do you think he will pay?
Please help me lovely people:):):):)

Tawi2
10th December 2009, 12:25
Happy,tell your son thats a scam,please dont send them even a single centavo,its a fraud,a con,by tricksters trying to defraud people with the lure of greener pastures :NoNo:

Ji&Ma
10th December 2009, 12:26
Ohh Happy - tell him to

STAY AWAY

It is a bleeding obvious

!!! SCAM !!!

Take a look at official Wesley Gryk Solicitors pages - on the homepage on the right side column - they themselves are warning against fraudsters using their name in scams:

Wesley Gryk official homepage (http://www.gryklaw.com/)

Tawi2
10th December 2009, 12:31
I just phoned Wesley Gryk and they are aware of their firms name being used to fraudulently extract funds,its a fraud Happy,total scam.

Happy_Now
10th December 2009, 12:35
thanks for the immediate reply guys:)
hilton hotel says; what they can provide for him is
=visa fee
=hotel accomodation (which they send my son a certificate)
=plane ticket
=also, when he is already in london, they will give him 550 visa card to spent while he is on training

anyway, you enlighten my suspicious mind:xxgrinning--00xx3:
very much appreciated Tawi2 & Ji&ma
Have a blessed day!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
10th December 2009, 12:36
My son recieved this message last November

From Mrs Elaine Mary Hayes, Manager Hilton Hotel Metro pole London.
This Invitation mail is from Hilton Hotel London, Pls Hilton Hotel Needs Men And Women, Who Can Work And Live here In Hilton Hotel London. Hotel Will Pay For Your Ticket And The Visa Fee In Your Country,If You Are Interested kindly Contact Assistant Manager, Sir, Sherard Frank Coles, Via This E-mail Address Bellow;. londonhiltonhotel@yahoo.co.uk For More Information.
Cheers, Mrs Mary .E. Hayes General Manager Hilton London Metro pole.

He applied for the job through email and passed the interview and send his passport copy and pictures for the visa processing. What i want to solicit for advice was;
He need Tourist Identity Card and Entry Clearance Pin Codes and need to pay 175 pounds and need to send to United Kingdom Lawyers Office London in this address.
Wesley Gryk Solicitors
140 Lower Marsh
London
SE1 7AE
also, my son needs 6 days processing only. Do you think he will pay?
Please help me lovely people:):):):)

Could well be a SCAM ... especially when money is requested! Certainly sounds extremely dodgy :cwm24: to me, so please be very, very careful.

Happy_Now
10th December 2009, 12:39
I just phoned Wesley Gryk and they are aware of their firms name being used to fraudulently extract funds,its a fraud Happy,total scam.

thanks a lot Tawi2, "tunay kang maasahan:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
10th December 2009, 12:40
WARNING: E-MAIL SCAM ALERT

April 2009: Over the past few months, we have heard from a number of individuals who have received e-mails claiming to be from us—or claiming to be from firms employing us—asking them to send money to us, either via Western Union or to a designated bank account.

Typically, such e-mails suggest that the recipient has been offered a job in the United Kingdom and that, if they send the money, we will obtain a visa for them to come to the United Kingdom to take up the position. Recently, for example, such e-mails have referred to job offers from Hilton Hotels and Deutsche Bank. Such e-mails are fraudulent and you should send no money!

Often such e-mails contain our correct address but incorrect telephone numbers and bank account details. If you receive such an e-mail could you please send it to us at enquiries@gryklaw.com so that we can take appropriate action to have the e-mail accounts and the bank accounts cited closed down.

Happy_Now
10th December 2009, 12:41
Hi Arthur Little,
thank you very much:Hellooo::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Happy_Now
10th December 2009, 12:46
Need to phone my son now "bago mahuli ang lahat":D:D:D
He is ready to pay tomorrow because the requirements was sent to him since Monday :NoNo::NoNo:
MABUHAY KA FILIPINO UK FORUM:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

Ji&Ma
10th December 2009, 13:01
He is ready to pay tomorrow because the requirements was sent to him since Monday :NoNo::NoNo:

Tell him NOT to send ANYTHING and forward all the e-mail communication to them (Wesley Gryk) using e-mail address mentioned by Tawi2 (enquiries@gryklaw.com) or forward that communication to you so you can send it to them.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Those scammers deserve as much beating as possible...:cwm23::Brick:

MarBell379
10th December 2009, 16:10
FYI - Hilton have 22 hotels in 'London' (or close enough to be classed as London).
Their website domain is www.hilton.co.uk, so an obvious pointer to the facty this is a scam is the email address they have used. londonhiltonhotel@yahoo.co.uk ????

None but the very smallest businesses in the UK will operate with a Yahoo, Hotmail, or any other webbased email. They will ALL have their own domain names and I wouldnt even reply to anyone unexpected with a Yahoo email adress.

It's not 100% proof of a scam, but its a HUGE indicator and one that everyone should be aware of.

aphrodite78
10th December 2009, 18:00
yup it's a big scam.

Pete67
11th December 2009, 17:41
FYI - Hilton have 22 hotels in 'London' (or close enough to be classed as London).
Their website domain is www.hilton.co.uk, so an obvious pointer to the facty this is a scam is the email address they have used. londonhiltonhotel@yahoo.co.uk ????

None but the very smallest businesses in the UK will operate with a Yahoo, Hotmail, or any other webbased email. They will ALL have their own domain names and I wouldnt even reply to anyone unexpected with a Yahoo email adress.

It's not 100% proof of a scam, but its a HUGE indicator and one that everyone should be aware of.

I know the email protocols for Hilton and this is DEFINITELY a scam...

Happy_Now
12th December 2009, 09:12
Happy_Now is HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy: because Fil UK forum saved my son's money:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

the scammers send this to my son

UNITED KINGDOM IMMIGRATION LAWYERS PAYMENT FORM FOR OBTAINING TOURIST IDENTITY CARD AND ENTRY CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE PIN CODES# FROM UK IMMIGRATION LAWYERS OFFICE LONDON.
"Office wish to inform you that you have to effect the payment via"
Send Money -Western Union -Transfer
means of money transfer.paid
Only 175 pounds per each applicant
NAME OF RECEIVER
MR,BENSON SCORTHRAW.
ADDRESS.
CONTACT;-
Wesley Gryk Solicitors 140 Lower Marsh
London SE1 7AE
Tel - (44) 703-189-3669.
THESE ARE THE INFORMATION WE NEED FROM YOU, AFTER TRANSACTION OF YOUR FEE THROUGH WESTERN UNION
NAME OF THE SENDER ___________________
PIN NUMBERS____________________________
TEST QUESTION__________________________
ANSWER__________________________________
COUNTRY SENT OUT FROM?______________

so i advice him to make fun with them (Bad mom ey:D:D) told him to send fake !0 digits numbers hehe
and i think they are angry:icon_lol: because this is what they replied

From: ukimmigration lawyersoffice <ukimmigrationlawyersoffice@googlemail.com>
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 4:08:19
Subject: URGENT
ATTENTION,
IF YOU REALLY SEND YOUR FEE, THEN YOU SHOULD SCAN THE PAYMENT RECEIPT IMMEDIATELY FOR VERIFICATION OK.
UNITED KINGDOM IMMIGRATION LAWYER'S OFFICE LONDON

lHi Tawi2, my son send or report all the details to the site that you have said. Thanks to you mate:ARsurrender::ARsurrender:

South-east boy
12th December 2009, 10:24
Like it said in the message on the Gryklaw.com website the address and post code is correct, but the phone no isn't. If it's London it will start in 0207 or 0203. I wonder who you would get if you phone that incorrect no. that was given just above?!

I've seen a few other ads for suposed multiple jobs in London hotels. Always best to check the actual hotels website and check that all the details match & if needed send them an email or phone them to ask if there are actually any of the suposed vacancies available.

walesrob
12th December 2009, 10:36
Entry Clearance Pin Codes

Glad its all sorted; just by bringing this to attention of the forum will hopefully stop anyone else being ripped off.

I had to laugh about the Entry Clearance pin code... chip and pin machines at British Embassies and Immigration. :icon_lol: :Erm:

darren-b
12th December 2009, 10:37
Like it said in the message on the Gryklaw.com website the address and post code is correct, but the phone no isn't. If it's London it will start in 0207 or 0203. I wonder who you would get if you phone that incorrect no. that was given just above?!

I've seen a few other ads for suposed multiple jobs in London hotels. Always best to check the actual hotels website and check that all the details match & if needed send them an email or phone them to ask if there are actually any of the suposed vacancies available.

It's a personal number that is likely to be redirectable to anywhere in the world. So it's quite likely if you ring it you'll speak to someone in Nigeria.

pennybarry
12th December 2009, 10:43

Thanks be to God! You saved you money! I have a friend who didn't listen to me and last time I saw her in Pinas, she lost some weight. She regret a lot!
Oh boy oh boy! There are many scammers in the UK? In Pinas, everywhere.
Let's all be very careful.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

darren-b
12th December 2009, 10:53
Thanks be to God! You saved you money! I have a friend who didn't listen to me and last time I saw her in Pinas, she lost some weight. She regret a lot!
Oh boy oh boy! There are many scammers in the UK? In Pinas, everywhere.
Let's all be very careful.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I doubt any of these scammers are in the UK, they are usually in Nigeria. They just know many people would like to work in the UK.

You need to worry if UK based people started to do these scams as they are likely to be more convincing and so lot harder to spot.

jonathan47
13th December 2009, 00:31
by thier use of syntax i would definatly say nigerian or west african ....well done for not being scammed phew!!
these scammers are everyone the rule of thumb is "if it sounds to good to be true ...its a scam" hehhe

regards

jonathan and annabel

lovejoy
13th December 2009, 02:54
The Yahoo e-mail address was enough to give it away. The Hiton Hotel London won't be using Yahoo for e-mail addreses!

Sim11UK
13th December 2009, 09:38
so i advice him to make fun with them (Bad mom ey:D:D) told him to send fake !0 digits numbers hehe
and i think they are angry:icon_lol: because this is what they replied

I think it is great to wind the scammers up :icon_lol:....should be actively encouraged...But always becareful though.