PDA

View Full Version : Pinay in Wales

maindyshelley
11th December 2009, 15:52
Hi!

just joined this forum now. Been here in the Vale of Glamorgan since April, and only met very few Pinays.

Some of my Pinay friends are in London.

Christmas is coming... nakakmiss ang Pinas! It's my first Christmas with Brit hubby, and away from PInas.

Arthur Little
12th December 2009, 13:34
Hi!

just joined this forum now. Been here in the Vale of Glamorgan since April, and only met very few Pinays.

Christmas is coming... nakakmiss ang Pinas! It's my first Christmas with Brit hubby, and away from PInas.

:welcomex: to the forum ... and to the Vale of Glamorgan. Never been to Wales, myself ... but I know it is home to our boss, Keith, two of our Moderators, Aromulus and Wales Rob, and their delightful wives - Ate Ping, Jet and Elsa, respectively.

Merry Christmas & A Very Happy New Year to you and your husband! :holiday08:

jam07
12th December 2009, 14:09
welcome here :)

dave63
12th December 2009, 14:38
Never been to wales, myself ... But i know it is home to our boss, keith, two of our moderators, aromulus and wales rob, and their delightful wives - ate ping, jet and elsa, respectively.

and me!!!:ARsurrender::Hellooo:

Arthur Little
12th December 2009, 15:02
and me!!!:ARsurrender::Hellooo:

Sorry, Dave ... and YOU! :ARsurrender:

walesrob
12th December 2009, 18:32
:welcomex: to the forum ... and to the Vale of Glamorgan. Never been to Wales, myself ... but I know it is home to our boss, Keith, two of our Moderators, Aromulus and Wales Rob, and their delightful wives - Ate Ping, Jet and Elsa, respectively.

Merry Christmas & A Very Happy New Year to you and your husband! :holiday08:

We all live in Mid & North Wales which is quite a long way from Vale of Glamorgan.

maindyshelley which part of the Vale are you from? Barry? I have family in Barry we go there a few times a year.

kimmi
12th December 2009, 19:02
Hi!

welcome to the forum..:)

Ana_may365
12th December 2009, 20:21
welcome aboard:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

liane
13th December 2009, 05:44
Welcome to the forum!:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

filipina_owl
13th December 2009, 17:31
Hi maindyshelley! First, welcome to the forum. :)I was so excited upon reading your post as im also looking for some filipina friends. :BouncyHappy: I am from wales and i asked my husband how far is vale of Glamorgan from our home. He said its not so far but depends on where in glamorgan? Is it near swansea? Ohhh i hope we could meet sometimes... Im from Llangennech. Hope to hear from you again. :cwm12::BouncyHappy::Hellooo:

Saver
14th December 2009, 10:32
I'm half Filipina in Newport, South Wales, so not too far from Glamorgan, about 40 mins. My Aunty is here visiting until March. My Mum is Filipina and my Dad is Welsh.

ebony
14th December 2009, 10:41
I'm half Filipina in Newport, South Wales, so not too far from Glamorgan, about 40 mins. My Aunty is here visiting until March. My Mum is Filipina and my Dad is Welsh.

hi there... where in newport are you from, if you dont mind. i live in malpas road.

filipina_owl
14th December 2009, 15:07
Hi saver and other filipina from wales...hope we could be friends...:):Hellooo:

South-east boy
17th December 2009, 12:38
Hi there!:Hellooo: Would be great if you girls could meet up at some point and gain new friends in each other! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

maindyshelley
17th December 2009, 13:40
We all live in Mid & North Wales which is quite a long way from Vale of Glamorgan.

maindyshelley which part of the Vale are you from? Barry? I have family in Barry we go there a few times a year.

We are actually in Barry... around Colcot

maindyshelley
17th December 2009, 13:47
THanks everyone!

I only meet a few PInays when I go to shops and hospitals... so no constant Pinay I know. I've not applied for a job yet as hubby thinks I better have my first Winter at home.. he's right. I easily get cold and can't even stay out in the garden for long. HOpefully I'll be settled by next year and be lucky to get a job in Spring...

Then maybe i can meet you guys in person. Hubby's been affected by the recession and has just been back in work for 4 months..so still getting back on our feet.

Maligayang Pasko sa ating lahat!

Bluebirdjones
17th December 2009, 14:42
Small world ...

I used to attend the Boys' Comprehensive school just up the road from you.

The Colcot Arms is where they filmed a number of the pub scenes from
"Gavin & Stacey".

Get your husband to take you to the "Park Hotel" .... full of character(s) !

I'm tempted to pop down over Christmas