PDA

View Full Version : Life in The UK Test

barley01
13th December 2009, 00:51
I assume you guys are busy for christmas shopping..hehehe..

Just a quick question please!
How long do you have to take the Life in The UK test before you apply for ILR? I know I can ask the Home Office but I read that a lot of you already had the test and applied for ILR..

Thanks alot and Happy Christmas to Alll..

bornatbirth
13th December 2009, 01:01
seems to me,you can take it any time you like.

my wife is on a spouse visa and wants to get it asap.

theres a website which will tell you nearest centre.

joebloggs
13th December 2009, 10:09
seems to me,you can take it any time you like.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

islander
13th December 2009, 11:17
I already took the test May of this year even if I can only apply for ILR on june 2010 before my spouse visa would expire.

The Pass notification they'll give you once you passed the test has no restrictions / expiration on it as to when it is only good for. So, I pressumed taking test anytime is fine!

Good Luck!

barley01
13th December 2009, 12:21
Thanks alot for your response..Gonna read the books now and do the test after hehe...

kimmi
13th December 2009, 19:01
Thanks alot for your response..Gonna read the books now and do the test after hehe...

goodluck..:D

Arthur Little
13th December 2009, 19:44

:) That's the spirit! Reading, reading ... and more reading ... seems to be the key factor ... in order to familiarise oneself with the myriad of questions likely to crop up in the multiple choice format.

:welcomex: here ... and good luck with the test!

antony73
13th December 2009, 20:38
I would hurry with the Life in the UK test, it recenlty became harder to pass, and will get even harder, with more quesations, in the future.

Arthur Little
13th December 2009, 22:56
I would hurry with the Life in the UK test, it recenlty became *harder to pass, and will get even harder, with more quesations, in the future.

Mmm ... :iagree:... *that's certainly the impression I got, too ... from looking at samples of the questions someone kindly posted on here not so long ago.

Tiggers0608
5th January 2010, 19:27
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I took my "life in the UK test" last Dec , and my visa will expire Jan 2010.

So its really up to you, I guess take the test whenever you feel your ready! Don't rush! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good Luck!

silver13
10th January 2010, 22:35
You can take it anytime, don't leave it to the last minute though.

Allow at least a week to book it. You can also practice online.

This link may help http://www.hiren.info/life-in-the-uk-test/1

jane2009
11th January 2010, 09:09
Hello,
just want to share i had took a life in uk test last 04-jan-10 and i had passed.....Im going to apply my ILR late this year but i took the exam early so that if i wont pass i have enough time to take it again..tsk.tsk....

johncar54
11th January 2010, 09:16
Silver thansk for the ref.

I just took the test, Result:-

Total Score: 16/21 (76 %)
You have FAILED the Test
You need to get at least 75% (18 Questions correct) to pass this test

If I got 76%, how did I fail the test ??? When I needed 75% to pass.

Also, some of the questions were, I am sure, wrong. e.g. Is it illegal to use a mobile phone when driving? I said NO. If one has a hands-free is that illegal?

and :-

Which of the following is not proof of identity?
Benefits book
Recent gas bill
Letter from a friend
Home Office document.

None of them prove who one is, or have they all now got fingerprints and photos on them.

How can anyone pass a test which is not correct?

Please let me know, maybe (I am joking) one day I may want to return to live in UK and by then even British nationals will probably have to pass a test to be allowed in !!!!

prettyd30
28th January 2010, 00:10
It is illegal to use a mobile phone even a handsfree while driving and definetly a letter from a friend is not a proof of identity...