PDA

View Full Version : Maiden name or married name on visa application

aidaaida
17th December 2009, 11:26
Sorry if this has been answered on previous threads, but I can't find an answer.
Beginning to panic now as I am off to Philippines on Tuesday (luckily flying with Emirates and not BA!) for Christmas and New Year to be with with my wife of 3 months and to submit her Settlement Visa Application.
I think I have every thing covered and collated, 5 years worth of paperwork, but just wondered whether we should put her maiden name or married name on visa application. She has not updated her Passport yet so I assume that it would have to be her maiden name on application.
Thank you and Merry Christmas to you all. :santa:

vbkelly
17th December 2009, 12:02
Sorry if this has been answered on previous threads, but I can't find an answer.
Beginning to panic now as I am off to Philippines on Tuesday (luckily flying with Emirates and not BA!) for Christmas and New Year to be with with my wife of 3 months and to submit her Settlement Visa Application.
I think I have every thing covered and collated, 5 years worth of paperwork, but just wondered whether we should put her maiden name or married name on visa application. She has not updated her Passport yet so I assume that it would have to be her maiden name on application.

there's no problem to use her maiden name which is already in her passport but if you want to amend it before you apply for settlement visa you can, but i don't know how long you get it back her passport.

Arthur Little
17th December 2009, 12:06

Yes, it'll be perfectly in order for your wife to insert her MAIDEN surname in the Spousal Visa application :xxgrinning--00xx3: ... indeed, the name SHOULD tally with the one she used to obtain her passport in any event ... despite the fact she's now married! This was what happened in my own wife's case, and HER passport STILL bears her maiden name!

Enjoy the festive season together :holiday08: in the Philippines!!

vbkelly
17th December 2009, 12:12
Yes, it'll be perfectly in order for your wife to insert her MAIDEN surname in the Spousal Visa application :xxgrinning--00xx3: ... indeed, the name SHOULD tally with the one she used to obtain her passport in any event ... despite the fact she's now married! This was what happened in my own wife's case, and HER passport STILL bears her maiden name!

Enjoy the festive season together :holiday08: in the Philippines!!

i changed mine into a married name in my british passport.

estherboaz
17th December 2009, 17:22
[QUOTE=aidaaida;196345]She has not updated her Passport yet so I assume that it would have to be her maiden name on application.
QUOTE]

you answered it!

scottishbride
19th December 2009, 17:42

When I applied for my visa I still use my maiden name, my passport is still valid until 2012. No worries.. Good luck!:)