PDA

View Full Version : Lebara Mobile - any good?

John.C
17th December 2009, 22:55
Hello everybody. What a wonderful forum you have here. I found it while searching for tagalog phrases to impress my 2 friends who are from the Phillipines. One of my friends has Lebara Mobile - it seems really good. I am thinking of changing from Tesco (poor reception quality).
Is Lebara really free for calls and texts for uk Lebara to Lebara? Seems too good to be true. What is time limit for these free calls. How much credit needed for free calls? I am having difficulty finding all of this info on Lebara site. Thanks to anyone who can advise me.

Arthur Little
17th December 2009, 23:32
Hello everybody. What a wonderful forum you have here. I found it while searching for tagalog phrases to impress my 2 friends who are from the Phillipines.

:welcomex: John. :iagree: it IS indeed, a wonderful forum. One word of warning, though ... it's highly addictive! :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
17th December 2009, 23:47
One of my friends has Lebara Mobile - it seems really good. I am thinking of changing from Tesco (poor reception quality).
Is Lebara really free for calls and texts for uk Lebara to Lebara? Seems too good to be true. What is time limit for these free calls. How much credit needed for free calls? I am having difficulty finding all of this info on Lebara site. Thanks to anyone who can advise me.

:Erm: I tend to go along with the old maxim: "If it SEEMS too good to be true ... then it usually IS!".

And since I have to confess that I seldom use a mobile phone of any description :NoNo: - except in cases of dire emergency - I'm the last person to offer an opinion as to the best quality ones on the market. :ARsurrender: But I'm confident someone here WILL be able to advise. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

John.C
17th December 2009, 23:57
Thank you Arthur. Will wait patiently for other comments. In the meantime I am reading other posts with much interest, and resisting the urge to comment on life, love, relationships.......

Arthur Little
18th December 2009, 00:44
Thank you Arthur. Will wait patiently for other comments. In the meantime I am reading other posts with much interest, and resisting the urge to comment on life, love, relationships.......

:) I can easily relate to what you're saying, John. Being retired, I spend more than half my time reading other people's posts. Sure, a goodly proportion of those are concerned with relationships ... and, inevitably, the pursuance of visas & so forth ... but the sheer range of miscellaneous, diverse and interesting topics discussed besides - more often than not, interspersed with humour - is quite phenomenal, really! You'll soon discover what I meant by my earlier use of the word "addictive"!

Enjoy every moment, my friend! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Bluebirdjones
18th December 2009, 01:09
... yeah u are correct

Calls from Lebara UK to Lebara UK numbers are free.

Also, Lebara calls to the Philippines are 10p a minute.
(there are cheaper alternatives... but usually means messimg around with a
phone card, and 7p a minute is the best I've seen)

Only slight drawback is that all txts are also 10p (this includes the Philippines)

Overall, I've been happy with the service.
I stuck £10 on it 4mnths ago ... and I'm still £3.80 in credit.

John.C
18th December 2009, 01:59
Great stuff Bluebirdjones. I appreciate it.

Scouse
22nd December 2009, 19:51
Been using Lebara for about 2years. They 'piggy back' on Vodaphone so check their coverage for your area.

The have different deals at different times, such as 50% extra when you top up at least £20. Current one is £5 extra when you top up £30.

No major problems, never any trouble ringing/texting the Philippines at 10p per minute or 10p per text.

Thinks its 2p per minute to ring Australian landline. Check the website for full prices.

lizaphil
22nd December 2009, 22:00
Hello everybody. What a wonderful forum you have here. I found it while searching for tagalog phrases to impress my 2 friends who are from the Phillipines. One of my friends has Lebara Mobile - it seems really good. I am thinking of changing from Tesco (poor reception quality).

hi john,i am using lebara for nearly 2years now,and i dont got any problem,
its free call to lebara to lebara....and you just top up 5pounds and you have 100
mins free,and 100text,good luck
happy xmas:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Ana_may365
23rd December 2009, 05:32
aye!im using lebara too![thanks lisa:D]

belfast_dude
23rd December 2009, 20:09
does lebara have coverage in philippines???...i mean uk to philippines<-> philippines to uk.....lebara to lebara...cheerz y'all

belfast_dude
23rd December 2009, 20:12
i mean if i sent an lebara sim to my asawa in philippines...wud we have free calls to each other and wud there be coverage there and here?..cheerz

lizaphil
23rd December 2009, 20:46
i mean if i sent an lebara sim to my asawa in philippines...wud we have free calls to each other and wud there be coverage there and here?..cheerz

hi belfast,
no lebara just you can used as a cheap call to anywhere in the world and easy to use.just top up, 5pounds and you got free call at same lebara sim...

merry xmas:):):)

John.C
2nd January 2010, 23:40
hi john,i am using lebara for nearly 2years now,and i dont got any problem,
its free call to lebara to lebara....and you just top up 5pounds and you have 100
mins free,and 100text,good luck
happy xmas:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Thank you lizaphil (I hadn't realised this thread was still running - must pay more attention).
And Happy New Year to you.