PDA

View Full Version : Flights cancelled :(

D&G
18th December 2009, 00:24
:bigcry::bigcry: flights from Manchester got cancelled??:bigcry: I just got a call from my honey to tell me about the sad news :omg: oh no!!:NoNo: after so many sleepless nights because of too much excitement...ahhh life sometimes is unfair ...:NoNo:

now.....
How do i tell two little kids who have been looking forward to seeing Daddy all year that now they can’t?:NoNo: It is heartbreaking...i just can't help myself from bursting into tears.:bigcry: i am sooo upset :bigcry: i just hope i won't get dehydrated :NoNo:

South-east boy
18th December 2009, 00:54
Sorry to hear the news. Was the flight cancelled because of the weather? If so what did the airline say about re-scheduling the flight? Hopefully he'll be able to fly out to see you very soon. :)

Arthur Little
18th December 2009, 01:15
:bigcry::bigcry: flights from Manchester got cancelled??:bigcry: I just got a call from my honey to tell me about the sad news :omg: oh no!!:NoNo: after so many sleepless nights because of too much excitement...ahhh life sometimes is unfair ...:NoNo:

now.....
How do i tell two little kids who have been looking forward to seeing Daddy all year that now they can’t?:NoNo: It is heartbreaking...i just can't help myself from bursting into tears.:bigcry: i am sooo upset :bigcry: i just hope i won't get dehydrated :NoNo:

Oh nooooooooooo! :NoNo: Oh, that's sooooo disappointing :bigcry: ... really and truly! I feel heart-sorry for you and the kids. Is it to do with this BA kerfuffle ... or, as Tim suggests, as a result of bad weather condtions? Whatever the cause, hopefully your husband's flight can be re-scheduled as soon as possible, so that he can be with the three of you in the lead-up to Christmas.

Please keep us updated.

liane
18th December 2009, 02:18

now.....

Sorry to hear about this, can't the flight be re-scheduled? I hope he will be able to come home so you'll be together and kids would be very happy.

D&G
18th December 2009, 03:15
Sorry to hear the news. Was the flight cancelled because of the weather? If so what did the airline say about re-scheduling the flight? Hopefully he'll be able to fly out to see you very soon. :)

flights were cancelled due to bad weather/heavy snowfall :( yeah hopefully he will be able to come home and be with us (if not for Christmas as soon as he can)...he will be calling the airline's call centre in the morning to see when they can get him on a flight

D&G
18th December 2009, 03:39
Oh nooooooooooo! :NoNo: Oh, that's sooooo disappointing :bigcry: ... really and truly! I feel heart-sorry for you and the kids. Is it to do with this BA kerfuffle ... or, as Tim suggests, as a result of bad weather condtions? Whatever the cause, hopefully your husband's flight can be re-scheduled as soon as possible, so that he can be with the three of you in the lead-up to Christmas.

Please keep us updated.

Hi Arthur! Thank you for the kind, comforting words..Yeah, i felt extremely sad after i got the quick call from my husband telling me about the sad news..felt sorry for him as well coz he spent hours of travelling just to end up stranded, cold & freezing at the chaotic airport..no one ever bothered to give him prior notice about the cancellation :Brick: he is now trying to sort out a flight so we could still be together for Christmas..

pennybarry
18th December 2009, 08:56
Just think it is for your own safety.
Weather is really bad and some school is closed.
Cheer up gurl!

pacificelectric
18th December 2009, 09:45
The situation is the same in several European countries. I took this photo yesterday morning near my work place in Paris. Just hope it will melt away before I fly to the Phils on January 14th..... :omg:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg125/tanuccio/IMG_8959.jpg

KeithD
18th December 2009, 09:46
......no one ever bothered to give him prior notice about the cancellation :Brick: ..
That's because you still have to go to the airport in case the flight does go, as no one knows which flights will get off the ground.

Seems a bit strange as only a light dusting of snow in Manchester (http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content/webcams/manchester_skyline_webcam.shtml), which doesn't stop flights, and all Gatwick flights have been diverted to Mancheser as it's clear! Only 3 cancelled flights today http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/MANFlightInfo/FlightInfo , all short-haul.

Which airline? As the problem is if it's an EU plane it never actually got to Manchester. One reason we always fly direct to Singapore.

aromulus
18th December 2009, 09:52
That's because you still have to go to the airport in case the flight does go, as no one knows which flights will get off the ground.

Seems a bit strange as only a light dusting of snow in Manchester (http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content/webcams/manchester_skyline_webcam.shtml), which doesn't stop flights, and all Gatwick flights have been diverted to Mancheser as it's clear! Only 1 cancelled flight today http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/MANFlightInfo/FlightInfo

Which airline? As the problem is if it's an EU plane it never actually got to Manchester. One reason we always fly direct to Singapore.

I checked earlier on, and I found that several flights have been cancelled from Terminal 2 and only a couple from 3.

And as you said, several diverted flights from other destinations, are landing without any problems...:doh

I suppose the landing fees are more important or heftier than take-off ones....:omg:

So my assumption is that they are cancelling some flights on purpose and without a valid reason, so to accomodate more landing slots.:rolleyes:

Mancs, eh...?:omg:

Sophie
18th December 2009, 10:49

now.....

Oh, so sorry about this sis, i know how frustrating and upsetting it can be for you and your 2 kids and i know how much you are looking forward to this
and i'm sure your honey is just as frustrated and disappointed, he must be so excited too on this trip to spend xmas with you guys....
I guess sometimes things happen and it's beyond our control and out of our hands.....
Cheer up sis and hope your honey can catch a different flight or get another flight schedule before xmas and hopefully can still make it......

lizaphil
18th December 2009, 21:34
hi jen,sorry to hear that news about your hubbys delay flight,never mind,
i hope he go back home as soon as e can,take care,
see you soon,:BouncyHappy:

joebloggs
18th December 2009, 22:52

Seems a bit strange as only a light dusting of snow in Manchester (http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content/webcams/manchester_skyline_webcam.shtml), which doesn't stop flights, and all Gatwick flights have been diverted to Mancheser as it's clear! Only 3 cancelled flights today http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/MANFlightInfo/FlightInfo , all short-haul.

your right scouser keith , nothing you could call snow fell in Manchester, or even higher up in Bury where i work, it snowed for maybe 15 mins and turned into 1mm of ice and 90% of it was gone the next day :doh

Sim11UK
18th December 2009, 23:01
Is he on his way yet?...I hope so :santa:

D&G
18th December 2009, 23:02

AIR FRANCE flight MAN-Paris-Hongkong

D&G
18th December 2009, 23:09
Oh, so sorry about this sis, i know how frustrating and upsetting it can be for you and your 2 kids and i know how much you are looking forward to this
and i'm sure your honey is just as frustrated and disappointed, he must be so excited too on this trip to spend xmas with you guys....
I guess sometimes things happen and it's beyond our control and out of our hands.....
Cheer up sis and hope your honey can catch a different flight or get another flight schedule before xmas and hopefully can still make it......

Thanks Soph you're always so nice :) thank you also for putting up with me when i was sleepless and pestering u thru PM's :xxgrinning--00xx3: now i need a special concealer, sis :yikes:

Sophie
18th December 2009, 23:36
Thanks Soph you're always so nice :) thank you also for putting up with me when i was sleepless and pestering u thru PM's :xxgrinning--00xx3: now i need a special concealer, sis :yikes:

concealer alert :D .....you're welcome sis and you did not pester me at all :)
and don't worry sis, your honey may be able to get another flight and still make it there on xmas :)

D&G
18th December 2009, 23:40
concealer alert :D .....

What concealer do u use? I never used any so i got no idea :)

Sophie
18th December 2009, 23:44
What concealer do u use? I never used any so i got no idea :)

I use max factor sis, give it a try :xxgrinning--00xx3:

D&G
18th December 2009, 23:47
I would like to thank you all for the replies and kind words...my honey managed to book a flight and he will be home for Christmas :BouncyHappy: i just hope there will be no more problems this time...I can't wait to see him :cwm38::BouncyHappy::cwm38:

Sophie
18th December 2009, 23:52
I would like to thank you all for the replies and kind words...my honey managed to book a flight and he will be home for Christmas :BouncyHappy: i just hope there will be no more problems this time...I can't wait to see him :cwm38::BouncyHappy::cwm38:

aawwww, so happy for you sis, i'm sure there will be no more problems and hassles this time :)
have a happy xmas with your honey :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
19th December 2009, 00:12
Is *he on his way yet?...I hope so :santa:

:Erm: ... You mean *Santa? :santa:

Arthur Little
19th December 2009, 00:20
my honey managed to book a flight and he *will be home for Christmas :BouncyHappy: i just hope there will be no more problems this time...I can't wait to see him :cwm38::BouncyHappy::cwm38:

Wow! :BouncyHappy: ... *that's great news, Jen! Have a lovely Christmas ... and all the very best to each of you for 2010.

Northerner
19th December 2009, 00:29
Nice to see it turned out fine in the end... Despite the delays and the worries.

:)

South-east boy
19th December 2009, 01:27
That's great! When's he flying out?

Sim11UK
19th December 2009, 07:59
:Erm: ... You mean *Santa? :santa:

No Arthur :olddude: Santa has got his own transport :holiday08:....Hope he is though

KeithD
19th December 2009, 10:05
AIR FRANCE flight MAN-Paris-Hongkong
That's why then, Paris was snowed in. So his plane was grounded there.

Tell him not to be so tight next time and use SIA :D

bornatbirth
19th December 2009, 20:16
That's why then, Paris was snowed in. So his plane was grounded there.

maybe he got a cheaper flight after shopping at D&G :icon_lol:

looks like you will be together at xmas :D

KeithD
19th December 2009, 20:25
maybe he got a cheaper flight after shopping at D&G :icon_lol:

looks like you will be together at xmas :D
Just hope Mayon doesn't explode and the Philippines vanish before he arrives :xxgrinning--00xx3:

D&G
20th December 2009, 02:01
....this airline is :censored: hopeless! :cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:

i just hope they would go bust soon!!!:furious3:

D&G
20th December 2009, 02:04
just hope mayon doesn't explode and the philippines vanish before he arrives :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lol! :d:d

D&G
20th December 2009, 13:34

Yup i'll tell him that :xxgrinning--00xx3: it's his first time to use Air France..he used to fly with Emirates and never had a problem