PDA

View Full Version : Arrived in the UK last Monday

chancy
23rd December 2009, 10:38
Good day everyone,

I arrived in the UK last Monday. I am enjoying every single moment of it even though it's freezing cold :36_1_26[1]:

We were out yesterday to explore the place and I found it very interesting.

We went to the nearest supermarket - no small lime and it took us 1 hour to find soy sauce :Erm:. I'm cooking adobo tonight.

I find the people very helpful, friendly and nice.:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

My husband is working now and it's time for me to clean our house. Time to exercise.:sport-smiley-003:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Cheers, Chancy:holiday08:

maria_and_matt
23rd December 2009, 10:52
hi chancy,
i am glad you like it here :).. u can try asian stores there u will find a lot of food from back home. have a happy xmas to you and ur hubby:)

Arthur Little
23rd December 2009, 11:21
Good day everyone,

I arrived in the UK last Monday. I am enjoying every single moment of it even though it's freezing cold :36_1_26[1]:

We went to the nearest supermarket - no small lime and it took us 1 hour to find soy sauce :Erm:. I'm cooking adobo tonight.

My husband is working now and it's time for me to clean our house. Time to exercise.:sport-smiley-003:

:welcomex: to the UK. I'm glad to learn you're settling-in well, already ... despite the :Erm: ... (shall we say?) ... "chancy" weather! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Compliments of the Season to you too!!

KeithD
23rd December 2009, 11:32
On Xmas day you can play the traditional 'Pass the Taliban Parcel' ..... which contains wires and other stuff :omg:

maria_and_matt
23rd December 2009, 11:39
On Xmas day you can play the traditional 'Pass the Taliban Parcel' ..... which contains wires and other stuff :omg:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

KeithD
23rd December 2009, 13:11
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
The loser is the one left holding the parcel when the timer runs out :rolleyes:

liane
23rd December 2009, 13:18
Hi Chancy, I'm glad to know you arrived safely and be enjoying the Christmas Holidays with your hubby. :lovecouple:
:holiday08:Merry Christmas!:holiday08:

alanmf1
23rd December 2009, 20:42
Congratulations......Happy Holidays

bornatbirth
23rd December 2009, 20:58
im glad you like it here already and your getting use to cleaning the house :xxgrinning--00xx3: have you got snow there?

The loser is the one left holding the parcel when the timer runs out :rolleyes:

i thought it was when you lost your limbs :rolleyes:

scottishbride
23rd December 2009, 22:12
Welcome to the UK! Hope you have a good time here. Enjoy the freezing weather:36_1_26[1]::D

Ji&Ma
24th December 2009, 11:39
:Hellooo: Hi, welcome in snowy UK - we are glad you finaly made it, well done :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Merry Christmas to you and your hubby, enjoy your first yuletides together well :holiday08::santa:

kimmi
24th December 2009, 13:41
welcome to the UK chancy..:)

chancy
29th December 2009, 16:32
Thanks everyone.

We will be visiting the Embassy - London next week to apply for a machine readable passport.

Do you know any shopping centres near Suffolk Street? :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Anyone here living in Beeston, Nottingham?

Cheers, Chancy:cwm12::cwm12::cwm12:

South-east boy
29th December 2009, 16:52
Thanks everyone.

We will be visiting the Embassy - London next week to apply for a machine readable passport.

Do you know any shopping centres near Suffolk Street? :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Well Oxford Street is pretty good for shopping as well as other areas, but the nearest actual shopping mall is the new Westfield one in the west of London-you'll have to get there by tube I think. Here's the link to the mall:
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=8&ved=0CCAQFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fuk.westfield.com%2Flondon%2F&rct=j&q=shopping+centres+in+london&ei=PyU6S82oPIHE4QblyJ2qCA&usg=AFQjCNFo7UYGFCG9Mi5HbBlTYhysGb_tqg&sig2=eZRA3ax-QMLKW7UjpVsOyw

somebody
29th December 2009, 17:03
Good day everyone,

Hi Chancy, Welcome to the UK you really need to find a asian store rather than use the soy sauce in the little bottles which will cost you a fortune. Our local Tesco and morrison both have green limes but not the little ones you find in phill. Again worth asking at the local asian store and green grocers. If you have an area with a large asian (Indian or chinese), african or the wife has found west indian shops have many fruits and veg you will regconise.

Glad you are enjoying and the weather will get better, well a little :D

chancy
29th December 2009, 17:05
Well Oxford Street is pretty good for shopping as well as other areas, but the nearest actual shopping mall is the new Westfield one in the west of London-you'll have to get there by tube I think. Here's the link to the mall:
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=8&ved=0CCAQFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fuk.westfield.com%2Flondon%2F&rct=j&q=shopping+centres+in+london&ei=PyU6S82oPIHE4QblyJ2qCA&usg=AFQjCNFo7UYGFCG9Mi5HbBlTYhysGb_tqg&sig2=eZRA3ax-QMLKW7UjpVsOyw

Hi South-east Boy,

I am checking out the link now.

Thanks for the info...:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Cheers, Chancy

somebody
29th December 2009, 17:10
Thanks everyone.

Suffolk street is just off of Regents street which leads to oxford street your in shopping heaven:D

The Wife and Pinay friends dont really like west field:omg:. Its just a short journey on the central line (red one) from oxford street.

To be honest your better staying in London suffolk street is a stones throw from trafalgar square which has lecister square (with china town and all its food shops) you have big ben just down whitehall with the london eye opposite. You have covent garden next door to lecister square. All with hundreds if not thousands of shops, cafes, resturants.

kenny
29th December 2009, 19:25
Good day everyone,

Welcome to England:Britain:
but what a time to arrive, 2c today. My g/f Arlene arrived in October so she had time to adjust as the weather changed.
January and Febuary are the worst months of the year so dont threat too much, April is a good time and then it get better.
Stay warm and happy, enjoy England:welcomex: