PDA

View Full Version : The Filipino Channel

evo76
30th December 2009, 11:09
Hi Everyone...Happy new year to all...Just one to ask if anyone here knows where to subscribe TFC 'The Filipino Channel' here in Kent an dhow much?

Thank you very much.

filipina_owl
30th December 2009, 12:43
Our TFC internet box cost £80 and monthly subscription is £19. You can either also received TFC through a dish which has to be installed but your monthly subscription will be £27. The internet box is much easier set up, all you need is a cable from your router directly to your TFC box, and thats it. Reception is very good and you can watch all abs-cbn programs. It comes along with a remote and the connection is within one day of purchase. If you want me to refer you, let me know and i will contact the one who made the connection for us. :)

filipina_owl
30th December 2009, 12:49
The internet box which is £80 is only one time payment and its more convenient and reasonable price because we are only paying £19 monthly compared to the dish which is 27 pounds a month. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

maria_and_matt
30th December 2009, 12:53
The internet box which is £80 is only one time payment and its more convenient and reasonable price because we are only paying £19 monthly compared to the dish which is 27 pounds a month. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

we were on the dish for 5 yrs and switched to the internet box last sept and i love it... it is pinoy shows on demand, i love it!

evo76
30th December 2009, 13:44
Our TFC internet box cost £80 and monthly subscription is £19. You can either also received TFC through a dish which has to be installed but your monthly subscription will be £27. The internet box is much easier set up, all you need is a cable from your router directly to your TFC box, and thats it. Reception is very good and you can watch all abs-cbn programs. It comes along with a remote and the connection is within one day of purchase. If you want me to refer you, let me know and i will contact the one who made the connection for us. :)

Hi Filipina Owl...thanks for all the info..Yes I want to be referred..what details do we need to give you...currently we are in a Virgin cable, would that be ok? Coz im really dying to see filipino channels.

Thank you very much.

joebloggs
30th December 2009, 14:03
I'm not being funny here, but what is worth watching on Filipino TV ?

my misses doesn't miss it one bit :doh

the only Filipino program shes watched in the last 5yrs was 'lovers in Paris' with KC Concepcion all 55 episodes :NoNo:

she would rather watch harry hill, ant & dec, top gear, etc :rolleyes:

maria_and_matt
30th December 2009, 14:19

the only Filipino program shes watched in the last 5yrs was 'lovers in Paris' with KC Concepcion all 55 episodes :NoNo:

all the teleseryes, news, and just general gossip:icon_lol: for someone who is not working like me, it keeps me entertained:icon_lol::icon_lol: and when my relatives talk about the news from back home i am always up to date :D:D

somebody
30th December 2009, 14:35
Another point to make on the boring techy side is check that you have the right internet package. It says all it needs is 1mbps download (others recomend 2mbs which sounds more realistic like skyplayer and iplayer) which many people may have but if watching films etc you will burn though your download quota very quickly.
Also worth checking if you can the connection thoughout the day on your broadband.

Some people who live in built up areas can have major broadband speed drops during peak usage which can vary depending on your neighbours ie businesses or general households.

Dedworth
30th December 2009, 14:55
Going back to the original post no-one has actually answered "where to subscribe TFC 'The Filipino Channel' here in Kent and how much?"

joebloggs
30th December 2009, 15:05
Another point to make on the boring techy side is check that you have the right internet package. It says all it needs is 1mbps download which many people may have but if watching films etc you will burn though your download quota very quickly.
Also worth checking if you can the connection thoughout the day on your broadband.

Some people who live in built up areas can have major broadband speed drops during peak usage which can vary depending on your neighbours ie businesses or general households.

:toomuchinfo::icon_offtopic::blahblah:

shouldn't you be at work andy :D

evo76
30th December 2009, 15:07

I just simply wanted to be updated and entertained with what's happening back home .... showbiz or politics... I do watch some English shows here like Top Gear, DIY SOS and 60 minute makeover etc. but that's not enough for me.:)

somebody
30th December 2009, 15:20
:toomuchinfo::icon_offtopic::blahblah:

shouldn't you be at work andy :D

No we have things called holidays down south I dont think the mill owners let you have them up north:D

Why i wrote the warning is because the Wife wanted sky on her mobile a few years back and found she had patchy to no 3g signal here at home luckily i stopped the "add on" but would be painfully to sign up to 12 month contract and find out you ended up with a huge bill for going over your broadband quota or cant watch the programes as keep buffering:NoNo:

joebloggs
30th December 2009, 15:52
Why i wrote the warning is because the Wife wanted sky on her mobile a few years back and found she had patchy to no 3g signal here at home luckily i stopped the "add on" but would be painfully to sign up to 12 month contract and find out you ended up with a huge bill for going over your broadband quota or cant watch the programes as keep buffering:NoNo:

i know what you mean :cwm24:

for the first time ever I've reached my monthly rapid share limit :doh

about 180gb :rolleyes: those wildlife and news channels :icon_lol:

somebody
30th December 2009, 16:05
i know what you mean :cwm24:

for the first time ever I've reached my monthly rapid share limit :doh

about 180gb :rolleyes: those wildlife and news channels :icon_lol:

Wildlife I thought you just needed a feed to the trafford centre cctv channel during the sales:D

filipina_owl
30th December 2009, 16:27
Hi evo76. Just give your details to abs-cbn europe as they will be the one to ask for it. Give them a call and they are more than willing to assist you. The staff are nice and helpful. This is the number:

ABS-CBN EUROPE: 0080078684535.If you're from UK and norway,you press 1. Anyway just follow the operator's instructions and you will be guided. And tell the staff that you have been referred by Kevin Morris, that's my husband's name and our TFC is under his account. And kindly give them our customer number: EU000043982.

Goodluck and hope you'll enjoy watching videos on demand. I like Pinoy Big Brother the most because im a fan of " MELASON" love team hehe. And the teleserye, "Dahil May Isang Ikaw" is my favorite. And more than anything, tv patrol news keeps me updated of what's going on in the philippines. :xxgrinning--00xx3::)

filipina_owl
30th December 2009, 16:36
To joebloggs: The Filipino Channel is worth watching for us filipinos because it bring us closer to philippines especially about what's happening in there. Even my husband watch news and teleseryes even if he couldn't undertand. :icon_lol: So i just translate it for him. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Like maria and matt said, it keeps us entertained and we're always up to date about whats happening in the philippines..:)

maria_and_matt
30th December 2009, 17:43
To joebloggs: The Filipino Channel is worth watching for us filipinos because it bring us closer to philippines especially about what's happening in there. Even my husband watch news and teleseryes even if he couldn't undertand. :icon_lol: So i just translate it for him. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Like maria and matt said, it keeps us entertained and we're always up to date about whats happening in the philippines..:)

my husband watches my teleseryes sometimes, but last night he asked me why there seem to be a lot people on coma:icon_lol::icon_lol: i said thats philippine drama, coma, flatlined revived and a very happy ending:icon_lol:

filipina_owl
30th December 2009, 19:02
hahaha...maria where are you from?:)

maria_and_matt
30th December 2009, 19:14
hahaha...maria where are you from?:)

im from bacolod, dito ipswich :) u?

filipina_owl
30th December 2009, 19:19
im from wales. can we be friends in ym? :) so we can chat sometimes.. :)

maria_and_matt
30th December 2009, 19:20
im from wales. can we be friends in ym? :) so we can chat sometimes.. :)

k sis i will pm you my yahoo ID

somebody
30th December 2009, 19:49
my husband watches my teleseryes sometimes, but last night he asked me why there seem to be a lot people on coma:icon_lol::icon_lol: i said thats philippine drama, coma, flatlined revived and a very happy ending:icon_lol:

If they act in coma do they still get full fee:Erm: Be handy for actors who have trouble rembering lines:D

maria_and_matt
30th December 2009, 20:23
If they act in coma do they still get full fee:Erm: Be handy for actors who have trouble rembering lines:D

hahaha i think they get full pay still :icon_lol:

somebody
30th December 2009, 20:28
hahaha i think they get full pay still :icon_lol:

Do they need a whitey in a series long coma:Erm:

maria_and_matt
30th December 2009, 20:43
Do they need a whitey in a series long coma:Erm:

you can always go for an audition:icon_lol::icon_lol: if i have a show i will cast you:icon_lol::icon_lol:

evo76
30th December 2009, 20:50
Hi evo76. Just give your details to abs-cbn europe as they will be the one to ask for it. Give them a call and they are more than willing to assist you. The staff are nice and helpful. This is the number:

ABS-CBN EUROPE: 0080078684535.If you're from UK and norway,you press 1. Anyway just follow the operator's instructions and you will be guided. And tell the staff that you have been referred by Kevin Morris, that's my husband's name and our TFC is under his account. And kindly give them our customer number: EU000043982.

Goodluck and hope you'll enjoy watching videos on demand. I like Pinoy Big Brother the most because im a fan of " MELASON" love team hehe. And the teleserye, "Dahil May Isang Ikaw" is my favorite. And more than anything, tv patrol news keeps me updated of what's going on in the philippines. :xxgrinning--00xx3::)

Hi Thank you very much for all the information....it is really very much appreciated. You are so nice...

I love TV patrol so much...:)

filipina_owl
30th December 2009, 22:14
You're very much welcome evo76. Please dont forget to give them our account name and customer number okay. :)

joebloggs
30th December 2009, 22:34

i'm sure you could pull it off and pretend to be in a coma andy, just like you do at work :NEW5: and again be paid for it :D

but surely you would be more qualified to work in emmerdale, and get the non speaking part as the guy at the bar in the pub :party-smiley-012::66::Beer:

:rolleyes:

somebody
30th December 2009, 23:25
i'm sure you could pull it off and pretend to be in a coma andy, just like you do at work :NEW5: and again be paid for it :D

but surely you would be more qualified to work in emmerdale, and get the non speaking part as the guy at the bar in the pub :party-smiley-012::66::Beer:

:rolleyes:

Emmerdale I belive thats one of those northern soap advertising serial programes. If its filmed above the world famous line of Watford I think its unlikely I would make the effort:rolleyes:

Those power naps I have at work are for me to help to find direction and focus for my department honest:D