PDA

View Full Version : Hi to everyone

michaeldevine93
3rd January 2010, 20:15
Hi there all,
Michael here from Derry in N'Ireland.
I'm going to manila on march to meet my gf and really joined this forum for a bit of general advise..
If all goes well were going to settle back home and i know its probably been asked b4 but where do i get a certificate of no marriage.
also any tips on how my girl should enter the UK..as a fiancee or visitor..shes planning to come in June.
Michael

ViesVies
3rd January 2010, 20:34
Hi there all,
I'm going to manila on march to meet my gf and really joined this forum for a bit of general advise..
If all goes well were going to settle back home and i know its probably been asked b4 but where do i get a certificate of no marriage.
also any tips on how my girl should enter the UK..as a fiancee or visitor..shes planning to come in June.
Michael
Hi there. My hubby had to go to local registars office where people marry. It took 21 days and cost him about twenty uk pounds. You get application form from them then have to return it asap with payment and documents they requested. My husband married me here in the phils and we have been told that a spouse visa is easier to enter the uk rather than fiance. hope that helps altho you are in ireland. My husband is again out of work and because of that I cant join him so he wants to join me here. Hope all goes well for you both

ViesVies
3rd January 2010, 20:38
Hi there all,
Michael
sorry I forget to say it was CNI he had to get from local resgistrars office and it took 21 days. sorry for leaving that out

alanmf1
3rd January 2010, 23:01
Hello Michael, welcome to the forum. I too am from Norn Iron but been in Uk for 20 odd years. My Gf in in Bohol. Have a great trip.... as for visa. Try the search function here and you will read lots of interesting versions and there are many many friendly and informative people both from Uk & Phils.
Regarding your situation there are various criteria which makes tourist visa difficult but not impossible. Fiancee Visa i understand ,means you must proove you intend to marry within 6 months of you GF entry.
My guess is that she will have to clear immigration in London then fly on to NI.

Check this link http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/applying.aspx

Good luck

Alan

liane
4th January 2010, 16:00
Welcome to the forum Michael:BouncyHappy:
As it was already answered by some members, you could get your CNI from your local registrar in Ireland. If you're getting married here in the Philippines you have to exchange it at your embassy in Manila for the Philippine version(to be submitted to civil registrar to where you plan to get married). :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
4th January 2010, 18:43
:welcomex:, Michael :irish:

Since you're not going to Manila until March, this will give you ample time to arrange for a Certificate of No Impediment ... commonly known as a *CNI ... from your local Registry Office. Then ... assuming everything works out well between you and your girlfriend [which, with the assistance of 'dIvine' providence, it WILL!] ... you could consider marrying in the **Phils ... once, as Liane indicates ... you've exchanged *it for the Philippine version.

Weddings are relatively inexpensive over **THERE ... and besides, by-passing the fiancee route (cutting out the "middle man" :xxmixed-smiley-017: so to speak) would have the added advantage of working out a hell of a lot cheaper in the long-run, if she were ALREADY in a postion to apply for a SPOUSAL visa.

Whichever method you both ultimately decide upon, however, SHE will also require a Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) from her Civil Municipal Registrar, in order for the ceremony to take place.

Arthur Little
4th January 2010, 19:38
... this will give you ample time to arrange for a Certificate of No Impediment ...

:Erm: ... whilst, I mentioned "ample time" don't forget the 21-days' waiting period that HAS to elapse from the actual date on which you APPLY for the CNI. [as explained in ViesVies posts] prior to its being available for uplift.

Equally, it's advisable not to apply TOO EARLY ... bearing in mind that the British copy is, I understand, only valid for a period of up to 3 months before it MUST be presented to the Embassy in Manila for its Philippine equivalent.

Best, therefore, if you strike "a happy medium" to comply with all the :censored: red tape involved! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
4th January 2010, 22:10
welcome to the forum michael and all the best on your upcoming trip to the philippines and visa application :xxgrinning--00xx3: