PDA

View Full Version : Crazy question of the year :-)

Fitzy
3rd January 2010, 21:18
When Emma and I were feeding Koi Carp in a hotel in Cebu, she came out with a very strange question:D:D

Hon, she said grinning, to which i replied yes dear, observing her adorable big grin. Do fish perspire???
To this, I was literally rolling around laughing:D:D:D:D

Now, Emma is in my opinion an extremely intelligent inquisitive girl, and I said I would ask around on the forum to gain a few laughs, opposed to googling it.

So there we have the question?

Do fish perspire:erotic4:

Fitzy
3rd January 2010, 21:21
When Emma and I were feeding Koi Carp in a hotel in Cebu, she came out with a very strange question:D:D

Hon, she said grinning, to which i replied yes dear, observing her adorable big grin. Do fish perspire???
To this, I was literally rolling around laughing:D:D:D:D

Now, Emma is in my opinion an extremely intelligent inquisitive girl, and I said I would ask around on the forum to gain a few laughs, opposed to googling it.

So there we have the question?

Do fish perspire:erotic4:

Think that is crazy??

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1662126

Steve.r
3rd January 2010, 22:01
I am no real expert, but...............

Fish do transfer their waste through a process called osmosis. Not waste as in poop, but it is more like salts and minerals that can transfer through the skin of the fish

So.............yes, you can say that they perspire. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve

Fitzy
3rd January 2010, 22:14
I am no real expert, but...............

Fish do transfer their waste through a process called osmosis. Not waste as in poop, but it is more like salts and minerals that can transfer through the skin of the fish

So.............yes, you can say that they perspire. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve
Wow, that's really cool Steve hehehehe
I have owned many tropical fish in the past, but never knew they excreted waste through osmosis.

Will show Emma the post:xxgrinning--00xx3::BouncyHappy:

Steve.r
3rd January 2010, 23:59
Cool, glad to help

I am currently running a 2500ltr tropical system. I keep Discus (mostly, I picked up a group of wild Scalare Angels today) but it is my passion, I am also an international aquatic judge . I was at a tropical fish convention in Singapore last year when I met my Mahal, so good things come from my little hobby :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve :)

KeithD
4th January 2010, 10:43
Try frying a live one and see if it sweats!

Fitzy
4th January 2010, 15:05
Cool, glad to help

I am currently running a 2500ltr tropical system. I keep Discus (mostly, I picked up a group of wild Scalare Angels today) but it is my passion, I am also an international aquatic judge . I was at a tropical fish convention in Singapore last year when I met my Mahal, so good things come from my little hobby :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve :)

Wowww

Nice 1 mate.

All good things come to those who wait huh:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Fitzy
4th January 2010, 15:07

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

I guess it would:D

Steve.r
4th January 2010, 17:01

:yikes: I think I would be the one sweating if you tried that with any of my fish :Cuckoo:

Fitzy
5th January 2010, 12:15
:yikes: I think I would be the one sweating if you tried that with any of my fish :Cuckoo:

:D:D:D:D

Especially if they were Koi, and costly:yikes:

Steve.r
5th January 2010, 14:28
:D:D:D:D

Especially if they were Koi, and costly:yikes:

I won't tell you what I paid for a small group of fish recently, but I could have flown to Phils easily.........:omg:

Fitzy
5th January 2010, 15:50
I won't tell you what I paid for a small group of fish recently, but I could have flown to Phils easily.........:omg:

Really???
Koi Carp????