PDA

View Full Version : Booking flite

sheldon1
5th January 2010, 11:06
My wife should hear about her visa fairly soon. My question is. What is the best way to organise a flite from philippines to gatwick or heathrow. Can i book it from uk? Or is it best to do it in phills. But where? And i want to return with her on that flite. Has anybody done that before. Would appreciate any suggestions!!!

joebloggs
5th January 2010, 11:30
My wife should hear about her visa fairly soon. My question is. What is the best way to organise a flite from philippines to gatwick or heathrow. Can i book it from uk? Or is it best to do it in phills. But where? And i want to return with her on that flite. Has anybody done that before. Would appreciate any suggestions!!!

what i did was to ask the misses to go to a travel agents in the phils, ask about one way tickets to the uk, we picked a airline and flight, paid a deposit, i sent her the money to buy the ticket, she told me what airline and the flight number, i then looked around getting the cheapest return flight returning on the same flight as the misses, and phone the airline to reserve a seat next to hers . no problems - thou you would probably need to book early as there might not be many seats left on earlier flights. probably not an ideal way, possibility i couldn't get a ticket to return on same flight as hers.

thou i think it could be possible for you to buy a return ticket and then a oneway ticket to the uk on-line, one after another, but maybe others have done that on here ?

darren-b
5th January 2010, 13:16
what i did was to ask the misses to go to a travel agents in the phils, ask about one way tickets to the uk, we picked a airline and flight, paid a deposit, i sent her the money to buy the ticket, she told me what airline and the flight number, i then looked around getting the cheapest return flight returning on the same flight as the misses, and phone the airline to reserve a seat next to hers . no problems - thou you would probably need to book early as there might not be many seats left on earlier flights. probably not an ideal way, possibility i couldn't get a ticket to return on same flight as hers.

thou i think it could be possible for you to buy a return ticket and then a oneway ticket to the uk on-line, one after another, but maybe others have done that on here ?

When we did it (Jan 05) I had my return ticket booked, and after my wife (then my fiancee) got her visa (different procedure back then..) we booked her one way ticket on the same flight as me through a local travel agency in Manila. We only booked her ticket about 10 days in advance of the flight.

No reason why you couldn't book it all from the UK - I would have done if I had know for certain my wife's visa would be granted

sheldon1
5th January 2010, 15:45
When we did it (Jan 05) I had my return ticket booked, and after my wife (then my fiancee) got her visa (different procedure back then..) we booked her one way ticket on the same flight as me through a local travel agency in Manila. We only booked her ticket about 10 days in advance of the flight.

No reason why you couldn't book it all from the UK - I would have done if I had know for certain my wife's visa would be granted

is it possible just to book a one way to uk from philippines. would they not question that at immigration why no return?

Cebu
5th January 2010, 15:52
is it possible just to book a one way to uk from philippines. would they not question that at immigration why no return?

Not if fiancee or spouse visa. One way is all that is required. If it were a tourist visa, then yes you need a return ticket.

joebloggs
5th January 2010, 15:53

yes she can, because she will have a settlement visa from the British embassy in her passport and also a CFO seminar stamp ( as you know your wife needs one !!)

Bluebirdjones
5th January 2010, 15:57
If she is travelling on a spouse (or fiancee) visa .... then a single journey ticket,
Manila - London is totally acceptable, as the visa will say something like "for settlement in the UK".

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sheldon1
5th January 2010, 16:25
If she is travelling on a spouse (or fiancee) visa .... then a single journey ticket,
Manila - London is totally acceptable, as the visa will say something like "for settlement in the UK".

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

my wife is travelling on a family visa. so i think she has to have return ticket

wilma dela cruz
5th January 2010, 18:26
if your wife got the visa she can buy 1 way flight no need travel agency she can buy at QATAR AIRWAYS office and she can get cheaper and make it sure she got a cfo stamp because she can get travel without the cfo she need to attend a siminar from cfo after she got visa.

joebloggs
5th January 2010, 20:17
my wife is travelling on a family visa. so i think she has to have return ticket

you mean a EEA Family Permit ?

if so, i think a one way ticket should be no problem if you have a EEA family permit.If you do not have a work visa or residence stamp already in your passport on the day you board your flights you won’t be allowed to travel on a one way ticket. All non permit holders have to travel on a return ticket.

sheldon1
6th January 2010, 09:49
if your wife got the visa she can buy 1 way flight no need travel agency she can buy at QATAR AIRWAYS office and she can get cheaper and make it sure she got a cfo stamp because she can get travel without the cfo she need to attend a siminar from cfo after she got visa.

she is applying for a family visa to visit me for 4 months i plan to go back with her. nothing in the application form for family visa mentions a cfo. so we are totally unaware of this. she plans to walk in the vfs global office next wednesday morning. i have sent all my documents via dhl. bank statements etc. also one of her friends has mentioned a red ribbon not sure what this is and if its needed for family visit visa?

darren-b
6th January 2010, 14:07
she is applying for a family visa to visit me for 4 months i plan to go back with her. nothing in the application form for family visa mentions a cfo. so we are totally unaware of this. she plans to walk in the vfs global office next wednesday morning. i have sent all my documents via dhl. bank statements etc. also one of her friends has mentioned a red ribbon not sure what this is and if its needed for family visit visa?

Nothing in the visa application form would mention CFO as it is a Philippines thing. Though as she is only visiting the UK she doesn't have to worry about it until she plans to settle in the UK.

Florge
6th January 2010, 20:19
CFOs are only for Filipinos settling or working abroad.. no need for tourist/visit visas