PDA

View Full Version : do i need to do sponsorship letter ?

lenboy
5th January 2010, 17:19
Hi i just wondering if i need to do a sponsorship letter , for a spouse visa ?

Reading through the forums its seems like many people get married then go to Manila then have to leave their love one behind , to wait for the out come from the visa office !! cos it can take months ? but also have read that its a lot quicker now ? is this true ?
yes i am still learning how to use this site and the forums , but getting there !!
its a great site and very interesting reading !! and great members

thanks Len

darren-b
5th January 2010, 19:23
You don't need to write a sponsorship letter, but it is in your interests to write one as it is your chance to provide additional information. This information may speed up your application or remove the need for an interview.

I believe you need to get your NSO certified marriage certificate first before you apply for a visa which can take some time.

Recently some applications have been processed quickly but there is no standard processing time for visa applications, so you may be lucky and have it processed quickly or you may be waiting for a while especially if they want to interview your wife.

bornatbirth
5th January 2010, 20:47
have you not got a list of all things you need for a visa?,best to look online.

sponsorship letter,support letter same thing,you need to write down how you both ended up meeting and getting married...well giving as much detail about the both of you and your future together backed up by evidence ie bank statments,mortage docs,letter from employer...

lenboy
5th January 2010, 21:10
have you not got a list of all things you need for a visa?,best to look online.

sponsorship letter,support letter same thing,you need to write down how you both ended up meeting and getting married...well giving as much detail about the both of you and your future together backed up by evidence ie bank statments,mortage docs,letter from employer...

yes iv got some idea !! but get a bit confused !!
let me explain why !! i know ive got to get paper work done before i go !! and i know i also have to get a CNI cert from local office !!

so when i go out to Cebu !! we get married ok !then i have to wait for the NSO certificate right !
then we can apply for a visa yes ? then what do we have to do in the mean time ? do i go to Manila with my wife !! and do i have to go to the British Embassy ? cos ive heard that i have to get the CNI cert done there again ? true ?
then my wife got to do the seminar !! the C.F.O yes ?

yes i know there is a lot of running around to do !! is there anything else i should know ?

it sounds like i would have to travel back alone cos i can not afford to stay out there for much more than 3 weeks !! as im self employed and don't get paid while im not working!!

it all seems a lot to do in a short time while in the Philippines , and also go to Manila which im dreading !!

so if you got any advice then i would be very appreciated and grateful...

many thanks for your time
Len and happy new year to you !!

bornatbirth
5th January 2010, 23:49
all you need to know is here http://www.british-filipino.com/

goodluck

btw that link is at the top of the page.

hannah sheila
6th January 2010, 01:19
happy new year too len... hope everything will be okey...

lenboy
6th January 2010, 01:54
all you need to know is here http://www.british-filipino.com/

goodluck

btw that link is at the top of the page.

hi again !! i clicked on that web site and it says EXPIRED WEBSITE ???

LEAHnew
6th January 2010, 07:09
let me explain why !! i know ive got to get paper work done before i go !! and i know i also have to get a CNI cert from local office !!

so when i go out to Cebu !! we get married ok !then i have to wait for the NSO certificate right !
then we can apply for a visa yes ? then what do we have to do in the mean time ? do i go to Manila with my wife !! and do i have to go to the British Embassy ? cos ive heard that i have to get the CNI cert done there again ? true ?

yes i know there is a lot of running around to do !! is there anything else i should know ?

it sounds like i would have to travel back alone cos i can not afford to stay out there for much more than 3 weeks !! as im self employed and don't get paid while im not working!!

it all seems a lot to do in a short time while in the Philippines , and also go to Manila which im dreading !!

After completing the documents required you may or not join your wife for her submission.
http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/applying.aspx

The CNI you got from UK will process in British Embassy Manila or in Cebu before your wedding.

Be noted that an NSO Marriage certificate takes about 3 months to release or earlier if you pay additional charge or contact the right person:rolleyes:

and also try to use the SEARCH function for SPOUSE VISA:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Good Luck and Best Wishes:)

justchecking
6th January 2010, 16:45
In my experience of getting the paperwork done for marriage and then getting the post-marriage paperwork (i.e. the certified NSO copy) in order to apply for a visa - 3 weeks is NOT enough time, you will be working hard to get the wedding arranged and the NSO copy applied for - enjoy your wedding, take the rest of the time to enjoy being married for the few days you can before coming back to UK - there is no way of telling if the visa application will take 10 days - 4 months from what I've read - so plenty of time for the CFO later... Its dificult being apart, but a few weeks/ a couple of months is nothing against the rest of your life together

aidaaida
7th January 2010, 12:03
Good luck,
It took me 3 trips, with one to go, to arrange everything.
1st trip in August to arrange the marriage ceremony, CNI from UK exchange for Philippine version, town hall seminar, marriage licence, church, church seminar, at least 3 interviews with priest's, reception venue, photographer, wedding dress, dresses for bridesmaids and entourage, sponsors, invitation, wedding rings, band for reception and flowers. Letter from my mother that I have never been baptised which had to be witnessed by Public Notary in UK. I had to be baptised in RC church in Philippines then confirmation. Loads of running around, loads of paperwork and loads and loads of copies of each!
2nd trip for fantastic wedding in September.
3rd trip just arrived back this week after filing our Spouse Visa Application in Manila at end of December with all relevant paper work.
4th trip hopefully in February/March once my wife has Visa and then return to UK with her to spend the rest of our lives together.
A lot of paperwork, a lot of frustration and a lot of flights back and forth, but in the end it will be all worth it and I am very happy:BouncyHappy:

lenboy
7th January 2010, 17:55
Good luck,
It took me 3 trips, with one to go, to arrange everything.
1st trip in August to arrange the marriage ceremony, CNI from UK exchange for Philippine version, town hall seminar, marriage licence, church, church seminar, at least 3 interviews with priest's, reception venue, photographer, wedding dress, dresses for bridesmaids and entourage, sponsors, invitation, wedding rings, band for reception and flowers. Letter from my mother that I have never been baptised which had to be witnessed by Public Notary in UK. I had to be baptised in RC church in Philippines then confirmation. Loads of running around, loads of paperwork and loads and loads of copies of each!
2nd trip for fantastic wedding in September.
3rd trip just arrived back this week after filing our Spouse Visa Application in Manila at end of December with all relevant paper work.
4th trip hopefully in February/March once my wife has Visa and then return to UK with her to spend the rest of our lives together.
A lot of paperwork, a lot of frustration and a lot of flights back and forth, but in the end it will be all worth it and I am very happy:BouncyHappy:

hi
many thanks for your time !! yes sounds like you had a lot of running around to do !!
i wish you both good luck for the future , and hope you be together soon !!
i would love to hear from you when you do get the visa !! good luck
from Len

aidaaida
7th January 2010, 18:28
hi
many thanks for your time !! yes sounds like you had a lot of running around to do !!
i wish you both good luck for the future , and hope you be together soon !!
i would love to hear from you when you do get the visa !! good luck
from Len

Thanks,
I will let you know and also of any problems incurred, but hopefully it will all be ok and we will be together in Uk very soon as the washing and ironing is piling up:icon_lol:

IainBusby
7th January 2010, 18:58

Three weeks is enough time to get married if you do things in the right order. Firstly, get a flight to Manila, stay overnight, visit the British Embassy early on the next day and get your CNI exchanged for the local version (they will do this while you wait). Then get an onward flight to wherever your fiance lives and apply for a marriage certificate ASAP.

The marriage licence will take 10 days to be released and during that time you can attend your pre-marriage seminar and if your fiancee hasn't done already, arrange the wedding. Once your married the rest of the things that need to be done are really down to your new wife.

She is the one who must apply for the visa and she is the one who has to attend the CFO seminar,. What you can do to help her is to download the application form and go through it with her so that she knows how she should answer each question.

Also, if you travel to the Philippines (as I did) armed with all of the evidence she will require for her visa application ie, 6 months current/savings account statements, 6 months salary slips, accomodation evidence, relationship evidence and a well drafted letter of support, she should be ready to go to Manila and submit her application as soon as she gets her NSO marriage certificate and deposits the visa fee in one of the banks designated by British Embassy.

If you take my advice, once your actually married you should just chill out a bit and enjoy yourself before you travel back to the UK....... nothing much can be achieved in the short time you will have left out of a total of three weeks because things move quite slowly over there with the NSO etc.

Iain.

PS. When you apply for your marriage certificate as well as the local version of your CNI you will need your birth certificate and your decree absolute if you are divorced and your fiancee will need her birth certificate and her cenomar (Certificate of no marriage) from the NSO.