PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card Bank Payments

jasper99
6th January 2010, 07:19
Our visa submittal appt is on Tuesday next week. I'm going over to Manila on the weekend to meet my gf.

I wanted to obtain the cash in order to make the over the counter visa payment on monday morning. Just want to make sure that the it is first of all possible to obtain cash with a mastercard in Manila banks??

I'm in Thailand at the moment and can definitely do it here.

All help appreciated, thnakyou.

LEAHnew
6th January 2010, 07:55
Our visa submittal appt is on Tuesday next week. I'm going over to Manila on the weekend to meet my gf.

I wanted to obtain the cash in order to make the over the counter visa payment on monday morning. Just want to make sure that the it is first of all possible to obtain cash with a mastercard in Manila banks??

I'm in Thailand at the moment and can definitely do it here.

All help appreciated, thnakyou.

:Erm:I guess in some banks like BDO or Metrobank cash point but wait for other reply to confirm:)
or if its possible transfer the money intended for the visa fee to your gf so she can prepare it earlier before her submission so no hassle IMHO
Good Luck:xxgrinning--00xx3:

darren-b
6th January 2010, 09:01
As long as the ATM is linked with Mastercard (which many or maybe even most are) you will be able to withdraw cash. Though obviously not the cheapest way of getting money.

I have found though that ATMs in the Philippines are not necessarily the most reliable with my UK cards and often have had to try different cards or even different machines.

bornatbirth
6th January 2010, 10:52
As long as the ATM is linked with Mastercard (which many or maybe even most are) you will be able to withdraw cash. Though obviously not the cheapest way of getting money.

I have found though that ATMs in the Philippines are not necessarily the most reliable with my UK cards and often have had to try different cards or even different machines.

same here and if your after a large amount of cash,is a atm the best option?

justchecking
6th January 2010, 16:38
this is also one of my concerns - as we are not alowed to carry more than 10,000 php in cash through customs - what is the best way of getting hold of the cash quickly - atm's usually have a maximum daily withdrawal for debit cards - although I'm sure its different (but more costly) for credit cards....

darren-b
6th January 2010, 18:26
this is also one of my concerns - as we are not alowed to carry more than 10,000 php in cash through customs - what is the best way of getting hold of the cash quickly - atm's usually have a maximum daily withdrawal for debit cards - although I'm sure its different (but more costly) for credit cards....

I've always managed to get cash just maybe not at the first attempt.

You are allowed to carry up to $10,000 of foreign currency.

justchecking
6th January 2010, 22:44
Aha - just not php - cool, a direct exchange then - I note you refer to USD, would assume from that it would be better to take USD cash (travellers cheques are a nightmare to get changed in banks!!) - can we pay in USD equivalent then do you think?

thanks for advice, much appreciated!

darren-b
7th January 2010, 08:16
Aha - just not php - cool, a direct exchange then - I note you refer to USD, would assume from that it would be better to take USD cash (travellers cheques are a nightmare to get changed in banks!!) - can we pay in USD equivalent then do you think?

thanks for advice, much appreciated!

The limit is in USD which is why I refered to it in USD. Couldn't comment if it would be better to take USD or another currency to exchange out there.

I suspect the bank may well accept foreign currency, but may not give the best exchange rate.