PDA

View Full Version : Married in JUNE / only 24, need a wiseman..

Jondash
6th January 2010, 11:36
Hi everyone!

Hope things are all okay with you all..

Okay, so here's the background...i have been with my Filipina girlfriend for 16 months..out of thoese 16 months i have spent 11 in the Philippines with her.

I am 24, and she is 24.

We plan on getting married in May/June for sure this time! I will be there only for three weeks. I will have my CNI issued here, so it only needs a quick trip to the embassy in Manila for them to do whatever they do with it.

Heres my question..

------------------------------------------

Does the intention to marry HAVE to be displayed for 10 days in the town WHERE you plan to get married? Or can you display anywhere, then use the license somewhere else in the Phils?

We'd like to display in Angeles where we live, but get married in N.samar, a little island called Biri.

Thanks.

---

Also,
Whilst it is being displayed for the 10 days, can we leave the country for a short holiday?

..and what is this marriage counselling cert all about? we're 25, do we need one?

Thanks again :P

---

If anyone has recently got married in the phils, i'd really like to talk with them, there's so much online but it all slightly differs, and i'd really like the 3 weeks to go as smooth as possible.

Florge
6th January 2010, 20:22
the license is diplayed/published in the town where you got it but you can get anywhere in the philippines within the days that it is valid. just make arrangements with the judge/priest/pastor/mayor of Biri. the judge/priest/pastor/mayor of Angeles cannot marry you in Biri as this is not their jurisdiction.

justchecking
6th January 2010, 22:37
Hi, we got our marriage licence in Cavite and then got married in Talisay, Negros - it is fine, however if you are using a pastor rather than an official (mayor/judge) they may just check first as they may not have come across the situtation before - so let them know beforehand, they can check before you arrive and no problem

The marriage counselling and family planning seminar (seperate events in Cavite) need to be completed before your marriage licence can be issued (we got seen and signed off instantly for marriage counselling as we had been living together, but had to sit through the fp for about 3 hours with children and pregnant fiances also in atendance!! - nothing to do with age) - think it may be OK to do them within the 10 days - sorry can't remember

D&G
7th January 2010, 08:43
Hi everyone!

Hope things are all okay with you all..

Heres my question..

Does the intention to marry HAVE to be displayed for 10 days in the town WHERE you plan to get married? Or can you display anywhere, then use the license somewhere else in the Phils?

We'd like to display in Angeles where we live, but get married in N.samar, a little island called Biri.

Thanks.

The marriage license, once issued, is valid in any part of the Philippines for 120 days. If it has not been used during this 120-day period it will then automatically expire.

Arthur Little
7th January 2010, 13:31
:welcomex: back to the forum. I cannot enlarge upon what my Filipina friends have already mentioned ... as they are, naturally, MUCH more conversant with the laws of their own country than I could ever hope to be!

Good Luck with your plans. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cebu
13th January 2010, 15:05
Yes you can leave the Philippines during the 10 day display notice. But get your gf to go around, ask the questions and tick all the boxes. 3 weeks is little time to arrange the whole lot in Philppines from a standing still start.

Yes you will need the seminar (well in the area where I got the licence you do anyway). But here is the issue and one of the things you need to find out. In Lapu Lapu Cebu the seminars are held only every Friday. It's this sort of detail your gf needs to find out locally before you arrive in the Philippines.

Good luck and best wishes.