PDA

View Full Version : Self-employed

tycon
6th January 2010, 15:03
Hi ive been self-employed for only 3 months after losing my employed work of 17 years.As my business is only just up and running and in a precarious position i decided not to pay any tax as of yet. Im planning to marry in the Phills in October and apply for a visa for my spouse immediately.
My question is this......i will shortly be receiving 13k from my ex-gf to buy me out of a property,will bank statements showing this money be enough to prove that i can support my new wife,or will they want details of my employment status etc? i have no tax returns,any advice greatly appreciated.

darren-b
6th January 2010, 18:35
Hi ive been self-employed for only 3 months after losing my employed work of 17 years.As my business is only just up and running and in a precarious position i decided not to pay any tax as of yet. Im planning to marry in the Phills in October and apply for a visa for my spouse immediately.
My question is this......i will shortly be receiving 13k from my ex-gf to buy me out of a property,will bank statements showing this money be enough to prove that i can support my new wife,or will they want details of my employment status etc? i have no tax returns,any advice greatly appreciated.

I don't think £13k on it's own is enough to show you can support you and your wife (how long would it really last you?). So you would need to show you have an income as well.