PDA

View Full Version : Estrada to return to Malacanang after nine years

Win2Win
11th January 2010, 13:30
Former President Joseph Estrada will set foot anew in Malacanang, nine years after he was thrown out of office by a people?s uprising.

More... (http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/nation/view/20100111-246741/Estrada-to-return-to-Malacanang-after-nine-years)

Arthur Little
11th January 2010, 14:48
Former President Joseph Estrada will set foot anew in Malacanang, nine years after he was thrown out of office by a people?s uprising.

More... (http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/nation/view/20100111-246741/Estrada-to-return-to-Malacanang-after-nine-years)

To MY mind, Estrada must be a :crazy: "born-again" optimist ... if he REALLY believes he can sufficiently regain the trust of the very people who threw him out, in order for them to grant him a mandate for re-election to the Presidency!

Doc Alan
11th January 2010, 16:01
To MY mind, Estrada must be a :crazy: "born-again" optimist ... if he REALLY believes he can sufficiently regain the trust of the very people who threw him out, in order for them to grant him a mandate for re-election to the Presidency!
The last I heard was that Imelda Marcos was supporting her son Ferdinand Jr "Bongbong" to stand for president , also that Benigno Aquino Jr "Noynoy" , another heir, is making a bid for presidency. They both have "Facebook" fan clubs .... but then, so does the rock group Aegis Band for that matter !

pennybarry
11th January 2010, 20:43
One of the reasons why he was ousted in his office is because of HUETENG!
And after 9 years, hueteng still exists.:omg:

Another reason is being corrupt! And I can't remember how many mansions Arroyos has.:omg:

Who's next president? :icon_evil:

Doc Alan
11th January 2010, 20:49
I could add that the last time I was in the Philippines was 1978 when President Ferdinand Marcos was still imposing martial law. It's been a long time for me but I've never lost interest in Malaysia (where I worked for a year) and Philippines. I hope to return in April/May ... what do people on the forum think of travelling around election time to Luzon and possibly Panay?

Arthur Little
12th January 2010, 14:32
I could add that the last time I was in the Philippines was 1978 when President Ferdinand Marcos was still imposing martial law. It's been a long time for me but I've never lost interest in Malaysia (where I worked for a year) and Philippines. I hope to return in April/May ... what do people on the forum think of travelling around election time to Luzon and possibly Panay?

:Erm: ... Based on Myrna's experience as a High School teacher, it may be considered inadvisable to visit ANY parts of the Philippines ... with the possible exceptions of the Capital itself, Cebu & Davao Cities ... during the period when 'election fever' is at its height. Meaning to say, YOUR itinerary SHOULD, in all probability, be safe enough, Alan!