PDA

View Full Version : Settlement visa, then CFO, anything else?

forsure19
16th January 2010, 14:05
Thanks all. there is lots of information in this forum, and everyone seems very helpful.

We are just about to apply for a settlement visa, (got married last October but the certified marriage certificate was only available yesterday from Tacloban NSO office).
But until I read this forum I only thought we needed the UK visa, now we know that we also need a CFO is there anything else that we need????

So, to recap, is the process: -

Apply for settlement visa
Get settlement visa
Get CFO
Fly to England
Live happily ever after

Or is there anything else we need to do (pay taxes, apply for other filipino certificates/ forms etc) before my asawa and 5 year old step-daughter can leave for england????

Thanks
Andy, Lanie, and Arabella

joebloggs
16th January 2010, 14:28
and 5 year old step-daughter can leave for england????

your wife needs to show she has custody and sole responsibility for her daughter.

Arthur Little
16th January 2010, 16:36
:welcomex:, Andy.

I must say, I'm flabbergasted at the length of time it's taken the Philippine authorities to authenticate your marriage certificate! :rolleyes: However, it would seem you can, at last, press ahead with applying for family settlement ... subject to the proviso that Lanie is able to establish she has legal custody of/sole responsibility for Arabella ... as Joe Bloggs indicates.

Good Luck!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
17th January 2010, 08:34
Arthur we haven't got our marriage certificate yet & we were married in october. They spelt my name wrong :doh....Was told it can take up to 4 months to rectify. I think we are hopefully going to get it next week.

Good luck! forsure19 :)

IainBusby
17th January 2010, 14:04
Arthur we haven't got our marriage certificate yet & we were married in october. They spelt my name wrong :doh....Was told it can take up to 4 months to rectify. I think we are hopefully going to get it next week.

Good luck! forsure19 :)

Anyone else who is getting married in Phils should take note of this and check all documentation very carefully, they made a mistake on the original copy of our wedding certificate (the one that is submitted to the NSO) but fortunately we spotted it and managed to have it rectified at the city hall before we submitted it. It's always best to get hold of the original marriage certificate and submit it yourself so you can check for these things.

Iain.

sars_notd_virus
2nd February 2010, 03:30
Hello everyone...got married december am am applying for family visit visa for 2mos..can i take my daughter with me? thanks

''Dont be serious..be sincere!!''

evo76
2nd February 2010, 12:34
Don't forget to bring yur x-ray...they might check it in the immigration.

dave63
2nd February 2010, 12:39
Thanks all. there is lots of information in this forum, and everyone seems very helpful.
is there anything else that we need????
Get settlement visa
Get CFO
Fly to England
Live happily ever after

Yes warm clothes, Umberella. But most of bring a smile with you:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cebu
3rd February 2010, 05:29

We are just about to apply for a settlement visa, (got married last October but the certified marriage certificate was only available yesterday from Tacloban NSO office).
But until I read this forum I only thought we needed the UK visa, now we know that we also need a CFO is there anything else that we need????

Get settlement visa
Get CFO
Fly to England
Live happily ever after

Or is there anything else we need to do (pay taxes, apply for other filipino certificates/ forms etc) before my asawa and 5 year old step-daughter can leave for england????

Thanks
Andy, Lanie, and Arabella

Hi can I just ask please are you planning to change the name in your wifes passport to married name before applying for settlement visa. Thank you.