PDA

View Full Version : Queueing at the British Embassy in Manila

coxsure
18th January 2010, 09:32
Hello everyone.

The last time I was at the British Embassy in Manila was over a decade ago.

Is there a separate queue for CONSULAR and VISA section? The reason I'm asking is because I want to submit my CENOMAR and I am not completely aware of the procedure.

I have emailed the embassy and they replied that there is no need for an appointment. So, basically, all I need to do is just turn up. I was wondering if I need to be extra early just in case there's a queue.

Thank you.

rusty
18th January 2010, 10:20
The embassy is open from 7.45am to 12 noon for submission of consular services and from 2.30 to 3.30pm for collections.

I was there early last year, you turn up at the secuirty gate and they check why your there and ask for ID. You will have to leave ur bags and cell phones at security and they take you to the main building.

Inside the lady at the desk will ask why your there, give you a number and then you wait in another room.

I have been there a couple of times and didnt have to wait too long either time.

coxsure
18th January 2010, 10:23
Salamat:xxgrinning--00xx3:

vbkelly
18th January 2010, 10:45
Hello everyone.

Is there a separate queue for CONSULAR and VISA section? The reason I'm asking is because I want to submit my CENOMAR and I am not completely aware of the procedure.

I have emailed the embassy and they replied that there is no need for an appointment. So, basically, all I need to do is just turn up. I was wondering if I need to be extra early just in case there's a queue.

Thank you.

if appointment not needed you must come early

justchecking
18th January 2010, 11:31
Hi, I went to the Embassy twice for CNI at the end of 2008- got the number and waited no more than 20 minutes - no more than 2 others there iin the consular section - why are you taking the CENOMAR to the consular section is it to get a CNI for a fiancee?

fred
18th January 2010, 11:40
The place always reminded me of a Filipino wet fish market...Gives new tourists an idea of what they are letting themselves in for I suppose.

coxsure
19th January 2010, 01:21
Thank you for your replies.

@justasking: it's for civil partnership registration.

LEAHnew
19th January 2010, 02:46
To coxsure do u mean if its a civil partnership u need to show your CENOMAR in British embassy before applying visa?:Erm:

As soon as you completed application form and supporting documents you can submit at VFS at Phil -axa building in Makati, application centre for UK:)
Goodluck:Hellooo::Hellooo:

coxsure
19th January 2010, 09:43
To Leah

Thanks for your reply. I'm not applying for a visa just yet. I and my British partner of 5 years are going to register as civil partners at the British embassy in Manila.

As the foreign partner, I need to submit a CENOMAR.

sars_notd_virus
20th January 2010, 01:05
Hello everyone.

Thank you.

yes u need to be a a little early coz they serve from 7am till 12nn only