lyka
19th January 2010, 09:01
welcome

trodz8892
19th January 2010, 09:20
thanks...

trodz8892
19th January 2010, 09:24
i have a British boyfriend ,he wants me to visit him in England but we don't know how to do it(lol)...as much as we wanted to marry asap we can't his divorce is still ongoing.I've read Uk embassy guidelines about getting a fiancee visa and boy they have lots of requirements so we decided i'll visit him first using a visitors visa.But i'd like to know the requirements here in the Philippines if we decide to marry here of course that is when he is already divorced

Arthur Little
20th January 2010, 01:58
I'm a newbie too...lol..:Hellooo:

:Hellooo: ... and :welcomex:

Arthur Little
20th January 2010, 02:43
i have a British boyfriend ,he wants me to visit him in England but we don't know how to do it(lol)...as much as we wanted to marry asap we can't his divorce is still ongoing.I've read Uk embassy guidelines about getting a fiancee visa and boy they have lots of requirements so we decided i'll visit him first using a visitors visa.But i'd like to know the requirements here in the Philippines if we decide to marry here of course that is when he is already divorced

Ahh ... it's a "path" many here have *trod [excuse the *pun!]. And :iagree: it invariably tends to be a long and arduous one, due to British Government Guidelines on applying for visas in general.

I myself, am not conversant with Divorce Law :NoNo: ... since I was a widower for many years prior to marrying my Filipina wife ... (and, of course - as YOU'RE already aware - divorce per se is not recognised in the Philippines!).

Nonetheless, there ARE people on the forum who will be able to point you in the right direction. :xxsmilie_auslachen: Certainly a **Visitor's Visa would seem a feasible option at this stage in your relationship; the trouble IS, the success rate for getting one of **those is notoriously low ... the "stumbling block" being that Embassy staff appear to harbour an almost inherent suspicion that an applicant (indeed ANY applicant) might be tempted into failing to return to his/her homeland if the "grass looked greener on the other side", :D as it were.

In the circumstances, I suggest you stay-tuned for further advice likely to be offered by others.

trodz8892
22nd January 2010, 12:11
Thanks Arthur Little...i didn't know divorced is not recognised here..omg..i hope someone will be able to help me.

Arthur Little
22nd January 2010, 19:30
Thanks Arthur Little...i didn't know divorced is not recognised here..omg..i hope someone will be able to help me.

Please DON'T be disheartened by my reply. :NoNo: Even though I mentioned the fact that divorce isn't recognised in the Phils ... which DOES happen to be the case as far as the Catholic Chuch is concerned ... annulment IS! And since your boyfriend is British, as soon as his decree absolute is granted in the UK, there's nothing to prevent the pair of you opting for a Civil Ceremony :NoNo: ... normally conducted by a judge ... in YOUR home country as you so wish. Then the next step would be for YOU to apply for a *Spousal Visa with your [then] husband as sponsor.

It's also worth noting that, unlike Visit Visas, *these are SELDOM refused without good reason! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Asian27
22nd January 2010, 23:50
Hello people...
I'm just new here:):):)

aug06_2006
22nd January 2010, 23:53
Hello, welcome

Peanutz
23rd January 2010, 00:18
Welcome to all newbies!:Hellooo:

bornatbirth
23rd January 2010, 00:33

Hello people...

hello to the both of you! :Hellooo:

Arthur Little
23rd January 2010, 00:35
Hello people...

:Hellooo: ... and :welcomex:

Northerner
23rd January 2010, 00:38
Hello Trodz, and welcome Asian27 otherwise known as Lira.. A friend of mine from Cebu (and graces one or two of the pictures on my profile page):Hellooo::Hellooo:

scottishbride
23rd January 2010, 20:30
Welcome to the forum!

trodz8892
25th January 2010, 01:30
Hello Arthur...that's a relief.Thanks for taking time out answering my woes(lol)...

bless.books
25th January 2010, 02:39

Hello trodz and welcome!

cassandra
25th January 2010, 04:40
Hello Arthur Little! I'm just wondering if you can possibly direct me how to find a good location for hunting a place in Chippenham plus a good school for my 12 and 9 years old kids. I will be there this month of February the 6th and have no idea where to start looking. I'm coming from Canada.

trodz8892
28th January 2010, 08:14
been having problems lately with my boyfriend...he's like hot and cold...there are days when i cant reach him and doesn"t even bother to call or text me.what do you think?:Help1: is it me being paranoid or :crazy:..lol
give me some advise please.....

jacqueM
28th January 2010, 23:10

welcome... im newbei too.

liane
31st January 2010, 06:29
Hello people...

Welcome to the forum :Hellooo::BouncyHappy::Hellooo:

marlyn&kenny
1st February 2010, 05:14

welcome to this site trodz! huh, why dont he visit you! oh well, if u have lots of money you can why not! once he get his divorce papers,<If you wish to marry in Philippines> bring it to the British embassy in manila together with his birth certificate to get a certificate of no impediment then you should also bring your certificate of no marriage(u can obtain that in NSO) and also your birth certificate NSO copy
Good luck!

trodz8892
3rd February 2010, 10:37
Thanks for the info Marlyn and Kennyxxxx