PDA

View Full Version : Philippines to UK and Home

ron
21st January 2010, 00:34
Hi everyone

It was well over a year ago since leaving my wife and son behind in the Philippines . Thinking back it seems like yesterday . Now on January 13th 2010 they are finally here in Eastbourne.

It was just fantastic meeting them both at Heathrow airport Terminal 4 . It was also snowing badly outside but for me that didnt really matter.

Im thankful for all the support from all of you . Rememeber even though the road ahead can sometimes be rocky never give up. I know sometimes i thought we will never get there.

Ron

bornatbirth
21st January 2010, 00:39
.It was also snowing badly outside but for me that didnt really matter.

even though the road ahead can sometimes be rocky never give up. I know sometimes i thought we will never get there.

i thought the road ahead was snowy, maybe you went the wrong way :D

it's good that their here with you finally, your son must of really grown! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ron
21st January 2010, 00:46
thanks bornatbirth yes it was a 19hour flight for them both. Looking at them both. EXHAUSTED but happy to be finally here. Ben now 3 years old and sorry he didnt know me but great we getting to know each other again.

I think the next step will be ILR . Dont know much about this and if i can apply now for Deanna now or later. Married now 4 years and 5 months so...... Oh yes we have no money so have to save again LOL

ron

Ron

Arthur Little
21st January 2010, 01:58
... I know sometimes i thought we will never get there.

Ron

But you DID "get there", Ron ... and NOW, Deanna & Ben are both here, WITH YOU!! Great news, mate! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

And ... despite the wintry weather ... a very WARM :welcomex: to the UK for EACH of them.

rusty
21st January 2010, 13:57
I think the next step will be ILR . Dont know much about this and if i can apply now for Deanna now or later. Married now 4 years and 5 months so...... Oh yes we have no money so have to save again LOL

ron

Ron

Great news that they have arrived and your together again as a family.

No need to worry about ILR yet, a couple of years till you need that, just enjoy ur time together.

joebloggs
21st January 2010, 14:32
Im thankful for all the support from all of you . Rememeber even though the road ahead can sometimes be rocky never give up. I know sometimes i thought we will never get there.

Ron

good you're all ok :xxgrinning--00xx3:

it's not the end of the road, its only the end of a chapter ...

you should make a start by adding your wifes name on some bills etc, council tax one for a start, you'll need 6 letters/bills spread over 2yrs that are jointly addressd to you and your wife when she applies for ilr

also claim child benefit, and see if youre entitled to tax creds ...

goodluck Ron to you and your misses :xxgrinning--00xx3:

justchecking
21st January 2010, 17:08
Wow - good luck and enjoy your wife and son!

South-east boy
21st January 2010, 23:06
Congratulations on their safe arrival. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Is it the first time here for both of them?