PDA

View Full Version : Pirate hostages

Gavanddal
22nd January 2010, 07:54
When are the SAS going to go in and rescue the British hostages held by Somali pirates.
It's about time these gun-toting savages were taught a lesson.

I know Western forces haven't had a great track record when intervening in these uncivilised African countries, but I think a covert operation is now in order. It looks like the captives are doomed anyway if something isn't done soon.

Dedworth
22nd January 2010, 09:47
When are the SAS going to go in and rescue the British hostages held by Somali pirates.
It's about time these gun-toting savages were taught a lesson.

I know Western forces haven't had a great track record when intervening in these uncivilised African countries, but I think a covert operation is now in order. It looks like the captives are doomed anyway if something isn't done soon.

IIRC when they were originally seized there were some Royal Marines on a nearby fleet auxiliary ship ready to slot them. A phone call back to the MoD and a quick chat between a desk bound admiral and a risk assessment officer scuppered that idea.

KeithD
22nd January 2010, 09:54
IIRC when they were originally seized there were some Royal Marines on a nearby fleet auxiliary ship ready to slot them. A phone call back to the MoD and a quick chat between a desk bound admiral and a risk assessment officer scuppered that idea.
Unlike the Yanks whose SF just shot the :furious3: :D

Our Navy is just a band of cissies these days, and to think we used to have the best Navy in the world :doh, no a tub of jelly is harder :NoNo:

RickyR
22nd January 2010, 10:57
It's been a problem for years, only recently has become high profile. But until more people are killed, the forces won't take action...

Fitzy
22nd January 2010, 14:05
Unlike the Yanks whose SF just shot the :furious3: :D

Our Navy is just a band of cissies these days, and to think we used to have the best Navy in the world :doh, no a tub of jelly is harder :NoNo:

Pussies the lot of 'em:furious3:

johncar54
22nd January 2010, 14:45
Its OK here to criticise the navy not having a go, but had they done so and the hostages had been killed, all those who are now complaining about the navy not doing anything would be complaining about them being responsibly for the deaths, and suggesting they should be sued !!!!!!

No win situation.

KeithD
22nd January 2010, 18:30
Its OK here to criticise the navy not having a go, but had they done so and the hostages had been killed, all those who are now complaining about the navy not doing anything would be complaining about them being responsibly for the deaths, and suggesting they should be sued !!!!!!

No win situation.
:Erm: No. We have some of the best trained men in the world, and if the Yanks could do it I'm sure our SBS could. Besides the pirates are not known for fighting to the death, they tend to give up as most are just family men looking for extra cash. They are not on a suicide mission.

johncar54
22nd January 2010, 18:43
In my post when I said, 'It OK to critter the navy here' of course the meaning was 'although one might do it here' not that I agreeing with the previous comment.