PDA

View Full Version : Internet in Philipines

jackmac452
23rd January 2010, 19:41
This maybe of some help to someone...I have been using the Globe Dongle (895 Peso's, and 300 minutes free) and now I've changed to the Smart Dongle (995 peso's and 300 minutes free). On the Globe Internet, it cut off twice at the 100 peso's mark when I used it and would not let me go online anymore. The Smart one, twice cut off at 10 peso's and IS MUCH faster and better coverage, with none of the problems we found on the Globe one. Even in Limasawa the Smart was fine everytime we used it. Hope this helps, but each to their own...:)

fred
24th January 2010, 12:14
Were using Smart bro here in the boondoks...I hate this pay as you go thing but must say that the HDPA speed is acceptable for browsing..20 pesos per hour BTW..

jackmac452
26th January 2010, 02:29
Fred...Where are the Boondocks:cwm12: we're off to Tacloban on Saturday and then on to Maasin City....and maybe to Limasawa (if the sea is not too rough. going by rowing boat, not looking forward to that:NoNo:) are the Boondock's near those places?:)

fred
26th January 2010, 02:50
We`re on Panglao island but where we live its still pretty desolate.. Even though we have a good signal,Smart wont give me a proper receiver so that I can avail of the unlimited service..No idea why but so Im stuck with the pay as you go wireless card..
Better than nothing I suppose.

jackmac452
26th January 2010, 13:58
We're going to Bohol later...maybe catch up with you...hehehe

fred
28th January 2010, 01:06
Come on over...Your very welcome!

joebloggs
28th January 2010, 02:37
Come on over...Your very welcome!

cheers fred :xxgrinning--00xx3: has that ice melted in my orange drink yet :doh

:D

maybe this year were going back to the phils :rolleyes:

fred
28th January 2010, 13:38
Theres a funny green mould developing in it Joe..Ill scoop most of it out before you arrive...Cheers, Fred.

joebloggs
28th January 2010, 14:31
Theres a funny green mould developing in it Joe..Ill scoop most of it out before you arrive...Cheers, Fred.

it's ok Fred, dont throw it, i'll give it the misses to drink :vomit-smiley-011:

that reminds me of something, many years ago, i use to take to work about a pint of fresh orange juice to drink thru out the day, one day i left the plastic bottle which was still nearly full under my desk, about 6 months later, while cleaning my bench, i was just about to pick it up and it exploded :yikes:

:cwm24::Bricks:

for the last year, there been a 2 litres of orange under the misses side of the bed, :rolleyes: no luck they thou :NoNo: