PDA

View Full Version : Our visa pitfalls

dave63
27th January 2010, 14:21
As promised this is how our visa went from start to finish.
September We applied for a spouse visa for my wife recieved a text a couple of weeks later saying that they were returning her documents. We thought that this was the visa but instead we got a refusal letter.:erotic4:
October 15 They got our appeal. The reasons why we were refused were these:-
FOUR REASONS.
1 She sent my email that i wrote to her. but not her e-mails that she sent to me.
2 I am divorced and live in the marital home. They wanted letter from ex wife stating that she had no objections to my wife and I living there.
3 I am still paying the mortage and the house is in both my mine and my ex names.The mortage is linked to my bank accounts. These accounts are still in mine and my ex names and can not be changed (my ex does not used or want to use these accounts).They wanted a letter from my ex stating that she does not use these accounts.
4 From my previous marriage I have two children. They wanted a letter from my ex stating that she is and does not intend on asking me to support her or my children. At present I do not and my ex does not want me to.

My ex willingly wrote a letter to cover all of these points. I also got the bank to write a letter also saying that this was the case with the mortage. My wife supplied her e-mails.I wrote a letter to explain everything also.My wife also wrote a letter to explain everything also.
January 11 the visa section called my wife asking for her to send her passport to them.
January 15 they recieved the passport
January 26 I e-mailed the visa section asking what the latest was.
January 27I recieved a quick reply saying:-
We confirm to have received your wife's passport on 15 January via courier. This have been forwarded to the concerned Entry Cleareance Officer for routine processing of overturned appeals.
We have recently completed the process and we will return your wife's passport with the stamped visa through the pre-paid courier envlope she provided the soonest time possible.
UPDATE!!January 29
My wife recieved her passport back.............WITH VISA!!
NEW UPDATE: My wife will be here........ March 7
I hope that this humm short(hehehe)message can be useful to someone

Arthur Little
27th January 2010, 15:00
As promised this is how our visa went from start to finish.
September We applied for a spouse visa for my wife recieved a text a couple of weeks later saying that they were returning her documents. We thought that this was the visa but instead we got a refusal letter.:erotic4:
October 15 They got our appeal. The reasons why we were refused were these:-
FOUR REASONS.
1 She sent my email that i wrote to her. but not her e-mails that she sent to me.
2 I am divorced and live in the marital home. They wanted letter from ex wife stating that she had no objections to my wife and I living there.
3 I am still paying the mortage and the house is in both my mine and my ex names.The mortage is linked to my bank accounts. These accounts are still in mine and my ex names and can not be changed (my ex does not used or want to use these accounts).They wanted a letter from my ex stating that she does not use these accounts.
4 From my previous marriage I have two children. They wanted a letter from my ex stating that she is and does not intend on asking me to support her or my children. At present I do not and my ex does not want me to.

My ex willingly wrote a letter to cover all of these points. I also got the bank to write a letter also saying that this was the case with the mortage. My wife supplied her e-mails.I wrote a letter to explain everything also.My wife also wrote a letter to explain everything also.
January 11 the visa section called my wife asking for her to send her passport to them.
January 15 they recieved the passport
January 26 I e-mailed the visa section asking what the latest was.
January 27I recieved a quick reply saying:-
We confirm to have received your wife's passport on 15 January via courier. This have been forwarded to the concerned Entry Cleareance Officer for routine processing of overturned appeals.
We have recently completed the process and we will return your wife's passport with the stamped visa through the pre-paid courier envlope she provided the soonest time possible.
I hope that this humm short(hehehe)message can be useful to someone

I would just like to say what an EXTREMELY USEFUL post this IS, Dave ... many thanks for your kind and thoughtful gesture, in sharing your experience with the forum membership. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

dave63
27th January 2010, 23:42
I would just like to say what an EXTREMELY USEFUL post this IS, Dave ... many thanks for your kind and thoughtful gesture, in sharing your experience with the forum membership. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Thank you Arthur.If this information prevents someone making the mistakes we made,Then I have given a little back for the help I recieved.

sars_notd_virus
28th January 2010, 12:33
Very useful thanks

LadyJ
28th January 2010, 12:50
Well done Dave and wife!! and Congratulations for getting your visa. You must also be feeling thankful for your ex-wife. what a fab ex-wife she is/was for all the help she gave to you both..lol

justchecking
28th January 2010, 12:59
Always good to share the pitfalls as well as the successes - thanks for taking the time out to do this and good luck with your future together

triple5
28th January 2010, 13:14
Thanks Dave, very useful post. Do they always ask for such a letter from the mother of the kids? If that's the case I've got no chance :doh

joebloggs
28th January 2010, 14:21

:doh :D
did she send any chatlogs ?

as the house is in yours and your ex's. fair enough to ask for that.

again fair enough to ask that.

i suppose if you mention in your letter of support you don't support them, then they want evidence of that.

good job your still on speaking terms :rolleyes:

bit more planning it could have been avoided :rolleyes:
did you go to appeal or did the ECO manger over turn the refusal ?

good your wife got her visa in the end :xxgrinning--00xx3:

liane
28th January 2010, 15:06
Glad that after all the things you went through you finally got the fruit of your labor :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Congratulations :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

dave63
28th January 2010, 19:34
Very useful thanks

You are welcome.If it helps others,Then mission accomplished

dave63
28th January 2010, 19:38
Well done Dave and wife!! and Congratulations for getting your visa. You must also be feeling thankful for your ex-wife. what a fab ex-wife she is/was for all the help she gave to you both..lol

Thank you LadyJ.Yes.We (my ex and I)seperated friendly and stayed friendly.It pays to not fight throught a divorce and seperation.

dave63
28th January 2010, 19:39
Always good to share the pitfalls as well as the successes - thanks for taking the time out to do this and good luck with your future together
thank you also for you warm comment

dave63
28th January 2010, 19:41
Thanks Dave, very useful post. Do they always ask for such a letter from the mother of the kids? If that's the case I've got no chance :doh
Please do not worry triple5. The only reason why they asked for a letter concerning my children was with my income. that they wanted to know if i could support my children as well as my new wife.

dave63
28th January 2010, 19:56
Wow! Joebloggs what a lot of responses.
Did she send any chatlogs?
No just e-mails.
Good job your still on speaking terms
We have always stayed friends. I am not the type of person to keep a grudge and when there are children involved it is not good for them.
Bit more planning it could have been avoided.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.This is why I have posted this thread to save others that misfourtune.
Did you go to appeal or did the ECO manger over turn the refusal?
The appeal was overturned by the Eco manager at Manila.Thank God or it would have had to come to this country and cost a great deal of money and time.
Good your wife got her visa in the end.
Good things come to those that wait.

dave63
28th January 2010, 19:58
Glad that after all the things you went through you finally got the fruit of your labor :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Congratulations :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:
Thank you and what a very sweet fruit she is:luv4:

Florge
29th January 2010, 00:21
congratulations!!!

dave63
29th January 2010, 07:36
congratulations!!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Florge.Happy day are here to stay!