PDA

View Full Version : Car Recalls

KeithD
29th January 2010, 20:57
What's with all the hype over Toyota? Safety recals happen all the time. I've just had a safety recall on my Nissan, an Honda are now recalling vehicles.

IainBusby
29th January 2010, 21:19
Typical Japanese rubbish, we never had recalls when most of the cars on the road in this country were British........ The British ones usually just crashed and killed people and they were the really bad ones..... The good ones just rusted away and fell apart within a couple of years. :D:D:D

johncar54
30th January 2010, 09:04
I'm on my second Toyota Corolla. Its 12 years old, I sold the previous one when it was 8 years old. I have replaced the battery twice on the present car but apart from that I can't remember even changing a bulb on either of them.

If I get tired of the present car I will probably buy another Toyota.

KeithD
30th January 2010, 09:50
Their are so many recalls for evey manufacturer and vehicle they have to have a search engine to list them http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp :icon_lol:

Can't find a Morris Minor on there.....

aromulus
30th January 2010, 10:28
If I get tired of the present car I will probably buy another Toyota.

A change is as good as a rest.......:icon_lol:

fred
30th January 2010, 10:46
Scary driving an automatic at speed when it wont stop..
At least if the accelerator pedal gets stuck on a manual you still have a clutch and brake!!

KeithD
30th January 2010, 10:53
Scary driving an automatic at speed when it wont stop..
At least if the accelerator pedal gets stuck on a manual you still have a clutch and brake!!
...or you could just put it in Neutral and brake as normal :Erm:

fred
1st February 2010, 14:13
...or you could just put it in Neutral and brake as normal :Erm:If you are doing 80 MPH and then the traffic flow slows like it does on the M25to 30MPH/20 MPH and you suddenly wonder why the accelerator does not spring back on your foot I reckon there's a good chance you are are already embroidered into the back of the artic truck in front of you long before you wonder about the automatic/ neutral position before breaking manoeuvre ..

Toyota Motor (http://www.ockhamresearch.com/Consumer-Goods/Automotive/Automotive-Manufacturers,Major/TM) (TM (http://seekingalpha.com/symbol/tm)) has pulled eight popular models from the sales floor as the company confronts serious safety issues in these models. The world’s number one automaker will halt production of certain models starting next week, until they can straighten out their issues with sticky gas pedals in these cars that can make them accelerate without warning. Last week, Toyota recalled 2.3 million vehicles for this same problem, and an even larger recall of 4.2 million vehicles occurred in September. Clearly, the problem remains and the models affected include: the 2009-2010 RAV4, the 2009-2010 Corolla, the 2007-2010 Camry, the 2009-2010 Matrix, the 2005-2010 Avalon, the 2010 Highlander, the 2007-2010 Tundra and the 2008-2010 Sequoia.

KeithD
1st February 2010, 16:36
If you are doing 80 MPH and then the traffic flow slows like it does on the M25to 30MPH/20 MPH and you suddenly wonder why the accelerator does not spring back on your foot I reckon there's a good chance you are are already embroidered into the back of the artic truck in front of you long before you wonder about the automatic/ neutral position before breaking manoeuvre ..
Then you are breaking the speed limit and driving to close. You can also swerve, switch the ignition off, de-clutch if it is manual.

Citreons now recalled as well.

fred
1st February 2010, 23:53
Then you are breaking the speed limit and driving to close.

Pretty obvious that you have never driven on the M25 Keith!!!
Its a bit like Whacky races..

KeithD
2nd February 2010, 09:59
Pretty obvious that you have never driven on the M25 Keith!!!
Its a bit like Whacky races..
Oh I've spent a lot of time on the M25, average speed would be about 20mph :doh ......... and God knows how many rear-end accidents I've passed by dumb drivers :crazy: