PDA

View Full Version : Slick Man Utd punish sloppy Arsenal

Win2Win
31st January 2010, 22:30
Manchester United outclass Arsenal to win 3-1 at the Emirates and maintain the pressure on Premier League leaders Chelsea.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8485984.stm)

South-east boy
1st February 2010, 02:13
We might have won if we had a home-team biased ref like Man U did when we last played them and should have won, had it not been for the ref!

Happens every time-every time we are doing good and can close the gap/keep up the pressure we play crap! Just wish Wenger would spend some money for once - you can't keep spending the least in the division nearly and expect to win something, especially when you have Chelsea and Man City more of late, throwing money all over the place! When you have lots of injuries and you're best striker injured (I wonder how Chelsea, Man Utd or Man City would do without Drogba, Rooney or Tevez out for several months-they have been very lucky there, unlike Arsenal), it doesn't help. I wonder if this result will change his mind? I'm sure he wouldn't have spent anything if we had won today, but I think we need a better goal-keeper and there is only 1 day left to buy anyone!

KeithD
1st February 2010, 09:42
You sound like Benitez! :doh

les_taxi
1st February 2010, 13:35
[QUOTE=South-east boy;203918]We might have won if we had a home-team biased ref like Man U did when we last played them and should have won, had it not been for the ref!

lol in your dreams! No ref could have helped you yesterday:D

Dedworth
1st February 2010, 15:56
We might have won if we had a home-team biased ref like Man U did when we last played them and should have won, had it not been for the ref!

Happens every time-every time we are doing good and can close the gap/keep up the pressure we play crap! Just wish Wenger would spend some money for once - you can't keep spending the least in the division nearly and expect to win something, especially when you have Chelsea and Man City more of late, throwing money all over the place! When you have lots of injuries and you're best striker injured (I wonder how Chelsea, Man Utd or Man City would do without Drogba, Rooney or Tevez out for several months-they have been very lucky there, unlike Arsenal), it doesn't help. I wonder if this result will change his mind? I'm sure he wouldn't have spent anything if we had won today, but I think we need a better goal-keeper and there is only 1 day left to buy anyone!

This is all a bit of a red herring Whinger is always reckoned never to spend money then bitches about the depth of his squad. However in 09 he bought Vermalen for £10 million and in 08 Nasri £13 million

South-east boy
2nd February 2010, 02:29
This is all a bit of a red herring Whinger is always reckoned never to spend money then bitches about the depth of his squad. However in 09 he bought Vermalen for £10 million and in 08 Nasri £13 million

That is true, but look at who he sold! Last season Adebayor and Toure + others, so still spent less than what came in! I was pleased with the singing of Vermalen as we certainly needed another decent defender.

KeithD
2nd February 2010, 09:53
If Premier League points also included deductions for club debt, Arsenal would be runaway winners.

triple5
2nd February 2010, 12:46
I was pleased with the singing of Vermalen

Get him on the xfactor :icon_lol:

South-east boy
2nd February 2010, 13:19
Get him on the xfactor :icon_lol:

:icon_lol::icon_lol: