PDA

View Full Version : Woman and child to the UK

sm1971
2nd February 2010, 18:45
How best to go about it?

She is a Pinay, the child (5) is from her marriage. The annulment is on its way.

As we know that a tourist visa for mother and child is impossible and as it makes sense to live together for a time before marriage, we will try to get her a fiance visa (once the annulment is through). We have spent 2 vacations together and will spent at least 1, possible 2-3 more until the year ends, and I support her financially, so I imagine a fiance visa should be no problem? Am I wrong? My finances aren't so great (no savings, spending it all for visits etc ;) and I don't own property).

What about the child? From looking through the different visas it seems that he would need a family visa - but that would probably mean that she needs to be in the UK already, i.e. mother and child would have to be separated for several months at least. That is bad.

Is there a way to get visas for both at the same time?

IainBusby
2nd February 2010, 20:04
How best to go about it?

She is a Pinay, the child (5) is from her marriage. The annulment is on its way.

As we know that a tourist visa for mother and child is impossible and as it makes sense to live together for a time before marriage, we will try to get her a fiance visa (once the annulment is through). We have spent 2 vacations together and will spent at least 1, possible 2-3 more until the year ends, and I support her financially, so I imagine a fiance visa should be no problem? Am I wrong? My finances aren't so great (no savings, spending it all for visits etc ;) and I don't own property).

What about the child? From looking through the different visas it seems that he would need a family visa - but that would probably mean that she needs to be in the UK already, i.e. mother and child would have to be separated for several months at least. That is bad.

Is there a way to get visas for both at the same time?

Hi SM and welcome to the forum. Firstly you are wrong to think that you would need a family visit visa for the child as he could apply for a settlement visa at the same time and as a part of his mother's settlement (fiancee) visa application and then travel to the UK at the same time. I think you would have to sort your finances out first though. For your fiancee to be able to get a visa for him she would have to be able to show that she has "sole responsibility" for him or at least that his biological father has consented to her taking him to live in the UK. If you use the search function on this forum I'm sure you will find all of the info you need with regard to making a successful visa application.
Iain.

September
2nd February 2010, 20:05
Yup, she can bring the child if she apply her fiancee visa hopefully with no problem, SOME MEMBERS bring thier child in time when they apply thier settlement visa, just prove of the genuity of relationship as well accomodation for them and prove you can support them.

sars_notd_virus
3rd February 2010, 10:18
woow this post is helpful and ease me up a bit from worrying too much...thanks

'Dont be serious..be sincere'