PDA

View Full Version : hi there

stevewool
3rd February 2010, 17:17
hello there, well just found this site after going to the philippines for a months holiday and seeing someone there after 2 years talking to each other, would love to find out more about travel cost and getting to manila and back here to england , best times cheapest and what visa do i need for my partner, hope to move full time to the phils in say 5 years time , where i dont know , all advice will be welcome , thanks , steve

Bluebirdjones
3rd February 2010, 19:23
Travel:
Rule of thumb... it's more expensive to travel in school hols, Xmas, and Easter.
The further you book in advance, the better the deal tends to be.
You should be looking in the £375-£500 range (return flights to Manila).
I tend to use Asda Travel http://www.asda-travel.co.uk/
others like Crystal Travel http://www.crystaltravel.co.uk/
but search this site for other recommended travel sites.

Visa for partner:
Basically two options
1. Visitor visa ... see/read all the threads... then ask away
2. Spouse/fiancee visa. ---- ditto----
(Spouse = married in Philippines. Fiancee = to be married in the UK)

Living in Philipinnes
Read the various threads ... and I'm sure others living there will give u the main pointers

Arthur Little
3rd February 2010, 20:05
There's nothing I need add to the information my friend has supplied :NoNo: ... other than to bid you a warm :welcomex: to the forum.

Steve.r
3rd February 2010, 21:37
Welcome and good luck

Steve

Englishman2010
3rd February 2010, 22:32
Welcome Steve, I am a newbie too, and like you, I have just returned from my first visit to the Phil's. I have the highest praise for this forum and the members, lots of friendly and very helpful advice.

aug06_2006
3rd February 2010, 22:50
Hello n welcome to the forum.

liane
4th February 2010, 13:56
Welcome to the forum! :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

stevewool
4th February 2010, 21:35
hello there, well just found this site after going to the philippines for a months holiday and seeing someone there after 2 years talking to each other, would love to find out more about travel cost and getting to manila and back here to england , best times cheapest and what visa do i need for my partner, hope to move full time to the phils in say 5 years time , where i dont know , all advice will be welcome , thanks , steve

thanks to all who have welcome me here , we are not alone it seems and all we ask is happiness and trust in each other,

jacqueM
4th February 2010, 22:04
welcome to the forum.:-)

bless.books
4th February 2010, 22:40

Hello stevewool and welcome!