PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Windows 7?

Fitzy
3rd February 2010, 20:54
Hi all.

Emma has a 64 bit Vista lappy, and I want to buy her a copy of Windows 7 from here in the UK.
In my opinion Win 7 is m/soft's apology for Vista:furious3:
If I buy it from here, and try and register it in the Phils, M/soft will see that it's an EMEA copy, and I suspect that the authentication will fail upon registration!

Any ideas from you fellow PC Tecchies please??

Englishman2010
3rd February 2010, 22:43
Hi all.

Emma has a 64 bit Vista lappy, and I want to buy her a copy of Windows 7 from here in the UK.
In my opinion Win 7 is m/soft's apology for Vista:furious3:
If I buy it from here, and try and register it in the Phils, M/soft will see that it's an EMEA copy, and I suspect that the authentication will fail upon registration!

Any ideas from you fellow PC Tecchies please??

Buy a Mac :D

Sorry, I'm not much use. I've given up with MS products, Vista and IE7/8 are the worst programmes/OS MS have come up with. After struggling with Vista for two years I have given up and am now actively looking for a Mac. In the meantime I've switched to Mozilla Firefox, Google Mail and use Google's on line FREE office type software. I dont have any of the regular crashes I experienced with Outlook, Windows Mail, IE7, Office ..etc.

Fitzy
3rd February 2010, 22:58

Sorry, I'm not much use. I've given up with MS products, Vista and IE7/8 are the worst programmes/OS MS have come up with. After struggling with Vista for two years I have given up and am now actively looking for a Mac. In the meantime I've switched to Mozilla Firefox, Google Mail and use Google's on line FREE office type software. I dont have any of the regular crashes I experienced with Outlook, Windows Mail, IE7, Office ..etc.

Thank you.

Very interesting reply.

Perhaps if it were my PC I would do that, but thanks anyway.

KeithD
4th February 2010, 09:57

:icon_lol: Methinks you need to learn how to use a computer, 99.9% of crashes are caused by hardware, driver, and 3rd party installs, not MS products, and the MAC had the most security issues during 2009 :D ... over-priced hyped up word processors they are.

IainBusby
4th February 2010, 15:30
:icon_lol: Methinks you need to learn how to use a computer, 99.9% of crashes are caused by hardware, driver, and 3rd party installs, not MS products, and the MAC had the most security issues during 2009 :D ... over-priced hyped up word processors they are.

I work in a university and I can't believe how many people here are paying way over the odds for a Mac just because some of their friends have hyped it up to them and then when they've got one all they use it for is running windows parallels which is just an extremely slow way of running windows. :Erm::Erm::Erm:

KeithD
4th February 2010, 16:55
If people paid attention to Windows errors they'd see it is not a MS problem. Just because the OS gives an error does not mean the OS is having a problem, it mostly informs you 3rd party installs are basically crap :)

triple5
4th February 2010, 17:03
still on XP here. if it aint broken don't fix it :D

Fitzy
4th February 2010, 18:41
OK!!

Sorry.

Let me try to rephrase.

I need to get my hands on an Asian region version of Win 7??

Any tips pls??

Thanks alot.

Yes I agree Emulators suck!!

Is why most of my machines are running Win Xp Pro SP3:D

IainBusby
4th February 2010, 20:52

I never switched from XP to Vista but Windows 7 is a whole new ball game, it's so much better. As many people have said, Windows 7 is what Vista should have been.

joebloggs
4th February 2010, 22:37

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

my pc ia on 24/7, only time it reboots is when little joe presses the reset button :doh

les_taxi
4th February 2010, 23:09
I never switched from XP to Vista but Windows 7 is a whole new ball game, it's so much better. As many people have said, Windows 7 is what Vista should have been.

You all laughed at me when I told you this:D
May your codecs make odd sounds,your graphics card pixelate and your memory modules forget what they are meant to do:icon_lol:

fred
5th February 2010, 03:51
Why cant she just buy a copy over here?? (P.I)

Fitzy
5th February 2010, 14:10
Why cant she just buy a copy over here?? (P.I)

Am trying to find out where???
I guess they don't have PC World?(thank god!!):D

Am trying to find a reputable software vendor in the Phils

Thanks..

aromulus
5th February 2010, 14:16
Am trying to find out where???
I guess they don't have PC World?(thank god!!):D

Am trying to find a reputable software vendor in the Phils

Thanks..

http://computerscebu.blogspot.com/

I am sure that at least one of those links will be able to help....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

As per the "reputable" bit... I ain't going to put my hand on the fire for them....:NoNo:

Alan
5th February 2010, 14:28
Got Windows 7 Ultimate for 100 pesos here.

Not that I have installed it of course - that would be courting software piracy!

People tell me that it is excellent!!

Al.:)

Fitzy
5th February 2010, 21:55
Got Windows 7 Ultimate for 100 pesos here.

Not that I have installed it of course - that would be courting software piracy!

People tell me that it is excellent!!

Al.:)

Interesting:yikes:

I wonder how they re wrote the embedded code, to make it authenticate/update???

RickyR
7th February 2010, 18:08
I installed Windows 7 on my laptop when it was released and love it. It's vista, simplified, with less errors, boots quicker and is just BETTER :-)

les_taxi
7th February 2010, 19:12
Interesting:yikes:

I wonder how they re wrote the embedded code, to make it authenticate/update???

There is ahem a special version of windows 7 available for zilch which updates too:D
I have a "friend" who tried it:icon_lol:

Personaly I got my genuine copy very cheap anyway:xxgrinning--00xx3: