PDA

View Full Version : Filipinos in Leicester

Englishman2010
4th February 2010, 14:57
Just wondering if there is a Filipino community or many Filipino's in Leicester/shire?

Englishman2010
4th February 2010, 23:02
I'll take that as a No then. Only asking because if my g/f can get a Tourist visa this year, I would like her to have contact with others who can give her advice on cultural differences in this strange country of ours.

Pete67
5th February 2010, 08:25
Just wondering if there is a Filipino community or many Filipino's in Leicester/shire?

Is there a Filipino store in Leicester? maybe a way of making connections, or perhaps Facebook? there is a couple of Filipino groups there, perhaps post a message to the group or perhaps your gf could join it and perhaps get some info from there?

aromulus
5th February 2010, 08:34

To find out for sure, I would go to Church on a couple of sundays and check it out.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Pinays are conspicous for their presence....:D

I am not quite sure if we have forum members around your neck of the woods, but I wouldn't discount it.:D

stevewool
7th February 2010, 19:31

hello there my name is steve and new to this too. i have just come back from the phils and wanting just what you want, to see my new partner more, i too have the means to support her but how do i get here here , she has no work so no income either, my email is noemailaddressonopen@forums (noemailaddressonopen@forums) fancy a chat anytime , steve

Florge
9th February 2010, 12:12
Smiler78 and his fiancee are in Leicester.. there's a Filipino store around the corner where he lives...

smiler78
2nd March 2010, 18:52
I Live in Leicester with my now Wife and we know of at least 2 filipino stores close to the center, ive not been on the forum for ages but will check in more often if you need any help, just message me.

Carl

aposhark
3rd March 2010, 10:42
I Live in Leicester with my now Wife and we know of at least 2 filipino stores close to the center, ive not been on the forum for ages but will check in more often if you need any help, just message me.

Carl

Do you have names and addresses for these please?
Leicester is not far from us....

smiler78
7th March 2010, 20:13
Filipino stores in Leicester:

Filipino Express
282 Humberstone Road,
LE5 0EG

The second store is inside Leicester indoor fish market in the city centre which is great as you can buy some fresh fish at the same time.

There is also a good Oriental Supermarket which also sells some Filipino products along with Chinese. : 1 Jarrom Street, Leicester, Leicestershire LE2 7DH.(next to Leicester Royal Infirmary)

Englishman2010
7th March 2010, 21:16
Thanks for the info Smiler78. strangely enough, I was driving along Humberstone Rd the other day and saw Filipino Express. All excited about it, I told my g/f about it and she was really unimpressed, said she would rather buy western produce:rolleyes:

aposhark
7th March 2010, 22:25
Filipino stores in Leicester:

Filipino Express
282 Humberstone Road,
LE5 0EG

The second store is inside Leicester indoor fish market in the city centre which is great as you can buy some fresh fish at the same time.

There is also a good Oriental Supermarket which also sells some Filipino products along with Chinese. : 1 Jarrom Street, Leicester, Leicestershire LE2 7DH.(next to Leicester Royal Infirmary)

Thanks a lot smiler78 :)

subseastu
8th May 2010, 16:17
There is a chinese shop not far from filipino express which my wife prefers to the one near the hospital. I think the address is 5 Milton St. Seems to stock more frozen fish etc.