PDA

View Full Version : student visa

rogedavi
4th February 2010, 19:21
Dear All,

Has anyone gone through the student visa process? Is it possible to bring someone over on a student visa - if so:

1) What documentation do you need to provide?
2) How long is it valid for?
3) What is the process?
4) How much does it cost?
5) Is it hard to get?

Many thanks,
David

cheeky
4th February 2010, 19:34
first you need to find an accredited school in the uk.
u need to have money in the bank for atleast 28 days or more
if your school is outside london uneed have atleast to be safe 650,000 pesos in ur bank
if inside london alteast 800,000 or more...
for more info visit the uk border agency..
i hope this info helps

rogedavi
4th February 2010, 19:42
the money isnt an issue then...

does it need to be in my bank or hers?
is that money for a fee or just to prove living expenses are covered?

cheeky
4th February 2010, 19:44
i applied for student visa also but i been waiting for my school to send me the visa letter and lately they informed us the tuition fee is gone up to 4000 pounds a year for NVQ 4 and we spoken to them last november and they said the tuition fee is only 2500... so we are thinking now of just getting a fiance visa...

rogedavi
4th February 2010, 19:52
is there a fee for the visa as well?

how long does the visa last?

cheeky
4th February 2010, 19:52
it should be in her name for 28 days... yes it will cover her monthly living expences... may i ask do u have specific place for her to study?

rogedavi
4th February 2010, 19:55
not done any research on that yet... somewhere in london though as thats where i live.

do u have any suggestions or is there a list of schools?

cheeky
4th February 2010, 19:56
the visa cost 12,000 pesos.

it depends on her course....she is a nurse?

rogedavi
4th February 2010, 19:57
she has only high school education. we are planning to put her on a 1 year nursing/carer course in the philippines...

but if we can do in england even better :)

cheeky
4th February 2010, 20:02
check this.. tier4 license schools...you can find all the list of schools all around the uk with license...

cheeky
4th February 2010, 20:07
atleast she should study caregiver here in the philippines.it will take only 6 months the caregiver course

cheeky
4th February 2010, 21:12
tell ur gf to visit this agency euro asia unit 703 cityland herrera tower rufino st.corner valero st.salcedo village makati city. telephone no.023390085 or 025015607 or u can call them from the uk just put 0063. they are the one who process my student visa application. there fee for processing is 50,000 pesos.

bhaby.angel05
8th February 2010, 18:59
for what school is your application??

bhaby.angel05
8th February 2010, 19:06
tell ur gf to visit this agency euro asia unit 703 cityland herrera tower rufino st.corner valero st.salcedo village makati city. telephone no.023390085 or 025015607 or u can call them from the uk just put 0063. they are the one who process my student visa application. there fee for processing is 50,000 pesos.

for what school is this and how long have you been waiting for your visa letter?? Thanks

bhaby.angel05
9th February 2010, 14:04
for what school is this and how long have you been waiting for your visa letter?? Thanks

cheeky
10th February 2010, 08:46
hi... its in birmingham international college but i withdrawn my application due to some reason first. they change the tuition fee from 2500 pounds to 4000 pounds.. and been waiting for 6months and they are not consistent...my boyfriend doesn't want me to study in london coz i need to travel back and forth..can't find anymore school in birmingham...so we decide to just apply for fiance visa..

do u want to apply for student visa also?

jonathan47
10th February 2010, 11:36
you need to be careful applying for student visa thats its for genuine study and not a back door way of getting your gf to england, this is now under review due to the huge abuse of the student visa and in some countries has been suspended...any application now will be scruntinised and questions will be asked how all of a sudden when no one has a source of income the money has magically appeared in her account and why she want to travel to uk for study ..if she mentions you they will believe true intentions is to be with you not study....why not go fiance route ?

jonathan

cheeky
10th February 2010, 15:28
My fiance still finalizing his divorce we thought that time that its the only way for us to be together as soon as possible..im really going to study in the uk my intention is real of having a good qualification its just that my school is not consistent..they keep changing and we been waiting for 6 months ... so we just decide to just wait for his divorce and apply for fiance visa we are looking forward that his divorce will be done this end of february. im starting to gather all the documents needed for my application...i just hope and pray that everything will be fine..coz long distance relationship is tough its making us both emotional being far from each other. thank u so much for the advice..

maris/Colin

darren-b
10th February 2010, 18:55

hi... its in birmingham international college but i withdrawn my application due to some reason first. they change the tuition fee from 2500 pounds to 4000 pounds.. and been waiting for 6months and they are not consistent...my boyfriend doesn't want me to study in london coz i need to travel back and forth..can't find anymore school in birmingham...so we decide to just apply for fiance visa..

do u want to apply for student visa also?

I think it's a good idea on this forum to recommend the good agencies, but not a good idea to recomend one who never actually processed your visa and who by your own admission are not consistent and not quick to process the application.

cheeky
11th February 2010, 06:55
sorry but it's not the agencies fault its our fault coz my agency already give us an advice not to apply in birmingham international college and they give us another school instead but we don't listened to them coz were thinking london is too far away, birmingham international college is just 10 mins away from the flat of my boyfriend...some of my friends who applied in this agency got their visa after 2 weeks..im not against this agency they check ur papers properly...

bhaby.angel05
24th February 2010, 06:32
sorry but it's not the agencies fault its our fault coz my agency already give us an advice not to apply in birmingham international college and they give us another school instead but we don't listened to them coz were thinking london is too far away, birmingham international college is just 10 mins away from the flat of my boyfriend...some of my friends who applied in this agency got their visa after 2 weeks..im not against this agency they check ur papers properly...

hi cheeky! what's the name of the agency?

cheeky
24th February 2010, 20:09
sorry bhaby angel if i didn't manage to answer you right away. it's euro asia consultancy it's located in makati.