PDA

View Full Version : hello...need some help

kassandra82507
7th February 2010, 10:43
hello everyone am kassandra. I am new here and i am hoping i would get some help through here as many people do regarding visa. I am applying for a spouse visa this year hoping i will be able to submit papers this end of february. I am worried though of our financial situation. My hubby has been overdrawn for the last few months due to his visit here last year and his long stay. But he has a regular job and we have a savings for about 1000 pounds. Will this give us a chance to get a visa?:Erm:We are desperate to have a visa as i will only have him for ten days this April and we have been married for almost three years now. Does anyone out there got a visa despite overdrafts? please advice us on this...

rusty
7th February 2010, 11:57
It does not look good if you are overdrawn, it may depend on by how much and how long he has been overdrawn. Is the overdraft going down?

By submitting bank statements and pay slips, he have to show that he will have enough money to support you when you are there.

sunshine
7th February 2010, 12:23
hello everyone am kassandra. I am new here and i am hoping i would get some help through here as many people do regarding visa. I am applying for a spouse visa this year hoping i will be able to submit papers this end of february. I am worried though of our financial situation. My hubby has been overdrawn for the last few months due to his visit here last year and his long stay. But he has a regular job and we have a savings for about 1000 pounds. Will this give us a chance to get a visa?:Erm:We are desperate to have a visa as i will only have him for ten days this April and we have been married for almost three years now. Does anyone out there got a visa despite overdrafts? please advice us on this...

Hello Kassandra, based on my experience please DO NOT apply if your husband's statements are in the red and has little savings. We applied last year April and we're refused because of my fiancé’s overdrawn statements and have very little savings. He had not a lot of money left because of his multiple visits here which we explained in the letter but was ignored :NoNo:

IainBusby
7th February 2010, 12:27
It does not look good if you are overdrawn, it may depend on by how much and how long he has been overdrawn. Is the overdraft going down?

By submitting bank statements and pay slips, he have to show that he will have enough money to support you when you are there.

Hello Kassandra, based on my experience please DO NOT apply if your husband's statements are in the red and has little savings. We applied last year April and we're refused because of my fiancé’s overdrawn statements and have very little savings. He had not a lot of money left because of his multiple visits here which we explained in the letter but was ignored :NoNo:

Hi Kassandra and welcome to the forum. I agree with both Rusty and Sunshine, being overdrawn is a big NO NO. If I were you I would postpone making your application until your husband had paid off his overdraft. When The ECO (Entry Clearance Officer) looks at your application if he sees your husband's bank account is in overdraft he may conclude that he is living beyond his means already and that is even before he has brought a wife to the UK whom he has to support.

If you follow this link http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=18561&highlight=overdrawn you will read of one instance where the husband was in fact earning quite a good salary and who's financial situation seemed OK as far as he was concerned, but he had quite a big overdraft and their visa was refused because the ECO came to the conclusion I mentioned previously. If you use the search function on this forum and search for both "overdraft" and "overdrawn", you will find some other similar stories.

Iain.

kassandra82507
7th February 2010, 12:43
thanks so much for your advice..i do understand its actually been bothering me and making me really think about it before going for a visa. Yes the overdraft is going down thank God. What about the loan?will it affect our application if it shows we got a loan in a bank and no overdraft?

IainBusby
7th February 2010, 13:40
thanks so much for your advice..i do understand its actually been bothering me and making me really think about it before going for a visa. Yes the overdraft is going down thank God. What about the loan?will it affect our application if it shows we got a loan in a bank and no overdraft?

If he's taking out a loan to pay off the overdraft this will show up on his bank statements and the ECO will probably think this is just as bad. the only way to to it with a loan is to use a different bank account, take out the loan, pay the monthly payments for the loan from a different bank account, then wait seven months until he has six monthy bank statements that show no overdraft, no statement showing an overdraft being paid off and of course no monthly payments for the loan that cleared the overdraft.

Some people also do this to show some savings in a savings account, if you borrow money and put it in one account, pay the monthly payments from a different current account so that the monthly payments do not show up on your normal current account and then add some money to that savings account each month, then it looks like he has enough money to pay all of his bills and still has enough to add to his savings each month. Again you would have to wait seven months so that he could show six monthly savings account statements without showing the initial (borrowed) money being paid in as the ECO would wonder where this initial deposit came from.
Iain.

tiffagoyeneche
8th February 2010, 06:28
this forum is such a big help for me and my fiance.. im applying this march for a settlement visa.. hope all goes well..

dont loose hope. well all get through this :)

Arthur Little
8th February 2010, 18:58
:Hellooo: Kassandra ... and :welcomex: to the forum. I have to say :iagree: with what the others have said in terms of it being safer to postpone your visa application until the overdraft has been cleared.

joebloggs
8th February 2010, 19:42
i wouldn't even send one bank statement that's overdrawn, because they might not refuse your visa for just one bank statement being over drawn , but they'll look for another reason to refuse you to :NoNo:

Arthur Little
10th February 2010, 19:09
this forum is such a big help for me and my fiance.. im applying this march for a settlement visa.. hope all goes well..

:) Many thanks for your kind compliment. :welcomex: to our midst ... and Best Wishes for your forthcoming visa application. :xxgrinning--00xx3: