PDA

View Full Version : money transfer

john sergison
7th February 2010, 19:09
now my wife has been working hard here for 4 years she has managed to save a few quid, and with the help of a small bank loan she is wanting to buy some land in philippines.

any ideas as to who is likely to give the best money transfer rate for the amount of about 10 grand.

we have only ever sent small amounts before using lcc but i dont think they can or would do this amount or give a good rate for a large sum

advice gladly accepted
john

darren-b
7th February 2010, 20:54
now my wife has been working hard here for 4 years she has managed to save a few quid, and with the help of a small bank loan she is wanting to buy some land in philippines.

any ideas as to who is likely to give the best money transfer rate for the amount of about 10 grand.

we have only ever sent small amounts before using lcc but i dont think they can or would do this amount or give a good rate for a large sum

advice gladly accepted
john

We used PNB to send to our PNB account - actually sent money online whilst in the Philippines. PNB give good rates and will charge about £25 for that amount. In my opinion it is preferable to use a bank when sending money.

IainBusby
8th February 2010, 12:31
We used PNB to send to our PNB account - actually sent money online whilst in the Philippines. PNB give good rates and will charge about £25 for that amount. In my opinion it is preferable to use a bank when sending money.

I also use PNB as do many others on this forum, their exchange rates are always up there with the best, their transfer fees are as good if not better than most remittance companies and you know the money is going to get there.