PDA

View Full Version : Brilliant Drogba fires Chelsea back to top

Win2Win
7th February 2010, 19:20
Didier Drogba scores twice as Chelsea brush Arsenal aside for a 2-0 win that takes them back to the top of the Premier League table.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8500129.stm)

Dedworth
7th February 2010, 19:59
Men against boys :Giggler:

http://footyroom.com/chelsea-2-0-arsenal-2010-02/

aromulus
7th February 2010, 20:37
Wenger's tactics have been more inscrutable than Benitez', lately....:Erm:

I ain't grumblin' tho....:D

South-east boy
7th February 2010, 21:45
I wouldn't say exactly brushing aside, considering that Arsenal had posession for most of the game. I thought that Terry was meant to have been trying to save his marriage?!-I'm not sure how playing Arsenal achieves that? :Erm: How come Arsenal never play Chelsea during the African cup or Drogba is never injured then? The amount of times he has scored against us, I would have thought that Wenger could come up with a plan by now?!

Arsenal will never win anything unless they spend and that is how it is now when you are up against billionaires playthings such as Chelsea and Man City, who just keep spending & spending until they win something. Wenger said that this was the make or break few games that will decide the season, and it's definitely been break as we've now lost 3 and drawn 1 of the last 4 games after being top! :doh What a good idea that was not to buy anyone! Shame the games were not a few matches earlier, as then he possibly might have bought someone.

les_taxi
7th February 2010, 22:04
Sounds daft but arsenal were the better side I thought,but as much as I can't stand him dogbreath can finish.I wanted aresenal win too:NoNo:

Dedworth
7th February 2010, 22:08
I wouldn't say exactly brushing aside, considering that Arsenal had posession for most of the game.

It's what you do with the possession that wins games, we hardly broke sweat :)

I thought that Terry was meant to have been trying to save his marriage?!-I'm not sure how playing Arsenal achieves that?

He had work to do for his employers first like brushing Arsenal aside

Arsenal will never win anything unless they spend

They say that Whinger has the money but is loath to part with it :Erm:

KeithD
8th February 2010, 10:19
Spending money doesn't buy success, it's how the players you have a re managed, and as with Liverpool fans, you think it is now a right to be in the CL and the Top 4 when it isn't. History suggests the Top 4 in 20 years will not be those we have now. On top of that Arsenal owners do not have any outstanding debt (the club has the stadium but that is normal business), so is the most financially secure of the Top 4. I'd prefer that for my team at the moment.

Dedworth
8th February 2010, 23:14
Chelsea midfielder Michael Ballack has hit out at Arsene Wenger's criticism of the league leaders, labelling his Arsenal side as one-dimensional.

Ballack was unhappy that the Arsenal boss claimed "we didn't get a demonstration of football" from Chelsea in Sunday's 2-0 win over the Gunners.

"Wenger always says things like this when he loses to find an excuse," said the Germany captain.

"We knew the way Arsenal play. It is always the same style."

The 33-year-old Ballack added: "Football is not possession of the ball and playing a nice pass - football is about winning games.

"That is what Manchester United showed when they played them and what we did.

"We derived the win because we were very effective, and that was our strategy."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8505270.stm

That's the problem with Whinger he can never accept that he was beaten by a better team. At least this time he didn't come out with a stupid "Drogba does nothing line" - no Arsene all he did yesterday was bang in a couple of goals :). Beware of The Drog :D

belfast_dude
9th February 2010, 22:01
drogba does not get the credit he deserves...a true great footballer

KeithD
10th February 2010, 09:41
drogba does not get the credit he deserves...a true great footballer
He would if he played for a real team :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
10th February 2010, 09:44
He would if he played for a real team :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rafa soundbites don't suit you.....:76:

KeithD