PDA

View Full Version : A Place to stay in Manila

beth18
7th February 2010, 21:45
I am in Phili now!

So happy to be back ang seeing my daughter again after 7 months of being away from her.

Anyway We went to VFS last friday to file her application for a Holiday in UK.

WE were staying at Shangrila but I invited my brother and his family to spend the weekend with us. doing this I have to find a cheaper Hotel where we can stay and I end up Kabayan Hotel along Edsa in Pasay, right at the staion of MTR and LRT. We already stayed here 3 years ago but I was surprised that the hotel was fully refurbished.

It's actually intended for "Balikbayans" but lots of tourist were housed as well, we are staying in a family room good for 4 people. but we have a 10 year old child. I was charged 3,400 pesos with free breakfast and lunch which is a big savings.

They also have travel services and im sure its much cheaper than other Hotels. Its quite near Mall of Asia we were just taking the jeepney and we went to watch Avatar in an Imax cost £5. i watched it before christmas in London for £17.

Everything is clean and it has WiFi shower rooms and toilet are a bit small though. For Filipina wives its just a ride away to Baclaran.

I booked the room from London and had no trouble checking in.

IM DONE WITH MY ERRAND HERE IN MANILA I CAN GO BACK TO BAGUIO NOW AND START MY 2 MONTHS HOLIDAY:BouncyHappy:

fred
8th February 2010, 00:33
i watched it before christmas in London for £17.

17 quid?? We saw that here for 200PHP 3d version..
So glad I moved out of rip off Britain..

joebloggs
8th February 2010, 00:42

its from £9.60 to £11.60 up norf :doh

anyway there is a good screener out there in torrent land of the 2d version :rolleyes:

Englishman2010
8th February 2010, 20:28
I tied to watch Avatar at the IMAX in MOA in early Jan, but it was fully booked. Still haven't got round to seeing it. I have to say, I was very impressed with MOA, some very good shops and restaurants there, but not cheap.

estherboaz
8th February 2010, 21:11
anyway there is a good screener out there in torrent land of the 2d version :rolleyes:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: i tried it...

Florge
9th February 2010, 13:45
its from £9.60 to £11.60 up norf :doh

tried torrent land.. and got a trojan! waaaaaaa....

johncar54
9th February 2010, 13:53
Sorry but I am going back to the thread, as I don't think one can stay in the cinema !!!

One can check out the hotel suggestion at:- http://www.kabayanhotel.com.ph/rates.htm

September
9th February 2010, 14:51

:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

very well said Fred, but how much per hour in phil salary anyway or should I say per 8 hours :cwm24:

johncar54
9th February 2010, 15:17
Well said.

How long must a person work to be able to buy a thing is a more representable gauge of the 'real cost'

In 1961 when I first went to Spain on holiday full board in a hostal was £1 a night p.p. As a PC I was earning £11 a week.

A PC now get a basic wage of £450 a week. Thus if a hostal now cost the same in real terms it would be £40 a night full board.

It would seem that it was a lot cheaper in 1961

fred
10th February 2010, 01:12
:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

very well said Fred, but how much per hour in phil salary anyway or should I say per 8 hours :cwm24:

Who knows??
All I know is that there are often not enough seats for all these poor Filipinos to sit on and so they stand in the aisles,sit on the steps,kids standing on Dads shoulders...
It was like an over crowded Jeepney..
I wish they would put the prices up so I could watch the film in peace!!