PDA

View Full Version : studying in scotland?

mhaedonald
9th February 2010, 09:12
hi everyone.just thinking that i want to study in scotland coz i havent finished my nursing yet...Is it hard to study in scotland?Well actually i just want to do something,I want to be productive person..I miss working also but my husband told me its hard to work here if i dont have qualification so im thinking of studying...Any advice?thanks:):)

pennybarry
9th February 2010, 10:59
hi everyone.just thinking that i want to study in scotland coz i havent finished my nursing yet...Is it hard to study in scotland?Well actually i just want to do something,I want to be productive person..I miss working also but my husband told me its hard to work here if i dont have qualification so im thinking of studying...Any advice?thanks:):)

Hi Mhaedonald! Visit ILA Scotland website and see if you are qualified for ILA allowance. ILA funding helps me grant £200 for my course. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Goodluck!

mhaedonald
9th February 2010, 11:28
thanks for the info pennybarry..how long does your course takes?

pennybarry
9th February 2010, 11:38
thanks for the info pennybarry..how long does your course takes?

It's just a short course about webdesign Dreamweaver 8 :D and ILA can fund you £500 if your course is SVQ and higher level.

Goodluck!

joebloggs
9th February 2010, 11:58
depending on your course and how long you've been in the UK and if you don't have ILR you might have to pay international fees :NoNo:

GaryFifer
9th February 2010, 12:14

Since you are in Aberdeen it is famous for 2 things. Lapdancing and finding oil. And the oilrig guys go to work to find the oil, and the lapdancers probably use baby oil, so thats wonderful how that works together. But you can ask ur husband about that one :D

On serious note..what did you do before with nursing? What was the course? How long?

A good source of information would be the Royal College of Nursing in Scotland. This short article should help you out.

How to become a Nurse (http://www.rcn.org.uk/nursing/becomenurse)

But you need to be here for least 3 years. In the meantime there is no reason you cannot volunteer to work at a hospice or part time work at a hospital.

You would have to find out if you can use the credits you achieved from your study in the Philippines. Are they worth anything here? They do count for something. I had a quick look at OPEN UNIVERSITY.

I searched Philippines. And it came up with a list of recognised institutions (places) in Philippines. here is the list:

List of Instutions and your credits (http://www3.open.ac.uk/credit-transfer/overseas/73-358.shtm)

If you did above 2 years you should be ok.

Good luck, and wish you well for the future:xxgrinning--00xx3:

GaryFifer
9th February 2010, 12:17
It's just a short course about webdesign Dreamweaver 8 :D and ILA can fund you £500 if your course is SVQ and higher level.

Goodluck!

Penny. Have you utilised Dreamweaver yet? Where is your wonderful site using these skills?

pennybarry
9th February 2010, 12:23
Penny. Have you utilised Dreamweaver yet? Where is your wonderful site using these skills?

Take a look with my signature. It's there :omg::rolleyes: :BouncyHappy:
It's my first website created and looking for next one. :icon_lol:
Your comment is appreciated. Good or bad. :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

GaryFifer
9th February 2010, 12:34
Take a look with my signature. It's there :omg::rolleyes: :BouncyHappy:
It's my first website created and looking for next one. :icon_lol:
Your comment is appreciated. Good or bad. :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

Don't want to get offtopic penny but I am viewing your site at 1024 x 768 and the right side was cut off. the left font is too S P A C E D out. I did not see the DONATE Button. I am sure you want people to see that!! Otherwise looks great.

Heres a few templates for ya.

http://www.thetemplatestore.com/dreamweavertemplates.asp

pennybarry
9th February 2010, 12:51
Don't want to get offtopic penny but I am viewing your site at 1024 x 768 and the right side was cut off. the left font is too S P A C E D out. I did not see the DONATE Button. I am sure you want people to see that!! Otherwise looks great.

Heres a few templates for ya.

http://www.thetemplatestore.com/dreamweavertemplates.asp

May I know what browser you're using? I tried it at firefox and other browsers but looks ok. We have 24 inches screen at school and looks ok and I can still see all navs. Thanks for the link! As much as possible, I don't want templates. But if needed, why not? Templates will not teach me well about things I need to discover. But I salute those professional webdesigners. Stunning designs really!:xxgrinning--00xx3: I 'm just still a learner. :D