PDA

View Full Version : more questions from me...please..???:)

kassandra82507
12th February 2010, 08:55
hello, i just stated on my last post that me and my husband is planning to have our papers submitted for a spouse visa, but problem is that we have problem with bank statements..lack of savings. Me and my husband just decided to cash in all his shares which will amount to 5,000 plus pounds.We will cover also the overdrafts with a loan his bank offered him. I know i will have to wait for at least 6 months till the overdraft gets cleared with the loan. Question is, will a loan affect our application?and will it be okay if we submitted our application this month? can we just show evidence that we have sold all of his shares and use it as our savings and funds???your most helpful advice will be very much appreciated :)

Bluebirdjones
12th February 2010, 10:39
Shares ARE savings !

... basically, any financial product that can easily be turned into cash within a
reasonable time frame are counted as savings ..... ie shares, unit trusts, funds,
bonds, insurance/endowment policies.
(When u send in the visa application.... list your share-holdings, and a valuation
of each on a specific value date, and a total figure. U can get valuations from
www.bloomberg.com or from your broker/trustee, or other web sites)

So, why cash in one lot of SAVINGS to start a new lot of "SAVINGS" ???

Re; overdraft.
If u are overdrawn, then u need to show good financial management for 6mnths.
So, get your loan ..... pay it into the account...... run the account in credit for
6mnths ... then send in your "credit statements" with your visa application (... and
obviously don't include the statement with the incoming loan on it ! )

nigel
12th February 2010, 19:17
I did EXACTLY the same as you have when me and my Vem applied for the visa, I got my loan from a mortgage company not a bank, but a loan is a loan I guess...Vem got her visa! :)