PDA

View Full Version : Visa for my daughter with British passort?

JonHig
13th February 2010, 02:26
Good day all!

Here i am with another query please. My daughter was born here in the Ph, and is entitled to a British passport. I shall put that in motion soon, however it suddenly occured to me that she may have to have a visa once she gets the passport. Does anyone know if that is so please?

I am hoping to be able to get her and her mother (my wife) over to the UK a.s.a.p as has already been discussed at length on another thread, but that may be quite a few months ahead.

It is a crazy thought maybe, but it is the Ph where anything can happen as we all know!

Thanks and regards
John

rusty
13th February 2010, 10:04
If your dauhter will have a British passport then she will NOT need to appy for a visa.

JonHig
13th February 2010, 10:20
Thank you Rusty!

JonHig
13th February 2010, 10:22
Thank you Rusty:)

stretch33
18th February 2010, 22:04
Hi All,
Ive just got back from a visit to the embassy in Manila and l have to say they were really good with my kids registration and while there they suggested l apply for passports at the same time. This we did and within a week two passports approved and waiting for collection !!! Wife going to collect on Monday next week.
Now my question is my wife has to go to some seminar to have her filipino passport changed to her married name (this is only done in Manila or Cebu) They told her in Davao she cannot renew her old passport or change the name without attending this seminar but when l read the CFO website it seems its all to do with visa applications for filipino citizens wanting to travel abroad.
It may be a good idea for her to attend as the kids will also need filipino passports. Is this the usual process

Arthur Little
20th February 2010, 01:32
If your dauhter will have a British passport then she will NOT need to appy for a visa.

Thank you Rusty!

:) ... at least that's ONE thing less to concern yourself with, John! I've been wondering though, :rolleyes: if you've come to any firm decisions yet as regards whether you wish to settle in the UK or Ireland since the last time we were in touch ... bearing in mind your good lady's job prospects? Please feel free to message me. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
20th February 2010, 02:04
Hi All,
Ive just got back from a visit to the embassy in Manila and l have to say they were really good with my kids registration and while there they suggested l apply for passports at the same time. This we did and within a week two passports approved and waiting for collection !!! Wife going to collect on Monday next week.
Now my question is my wife has to go to some seminar to have her filipino passport changed to her married name (this is only done in Manila or Cebu) They told her in Davao she cannot renew her old passport or change the name without attending this seminar but when l read the CFO website it seems its all to do with visa applications for filipino citizens wanting to travel abroad.
It may be a good idea for her to attend as the kids will also need filipino passports. Is this the usual process

Yes :iagree: ... your wife WILL need to attend a CFO Seminar in one or either of their two Centres in Manila or Cebu ... as is the case with ALL Filipino spouses travelling overseas to be with their partners. Not so sure about the children, though; :NoNo: perhaps someone else here will be able to confirm for definite.

liane
20th February 2010, 06:26
As what Sir Arthur have said, your wife needs to attend first the CFO seminar before she can use her married name. That is one of the requirements for the passport renewal.
She can choose where it will be convenient for her to attend the seminar- Manila or Cebu. I attended the CFO seminar (PRISM) in Manila last tues (2-16) and it just took less than 2 hours for the seminar and an hour to wait for the certificate at the CFO office. I will just have to come back for the CFO sticker when I have the visa.

keithAngel
20th February 2010, 07:55
Your daughter dosnt need a visa as she is in the Phills with dual nationality exits as a Phillipino enters UK as British just show the airlines both passports:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stretch33
20th February 2010, 22:10
As what Sir Arthur have said, your wife needs to attend first the CFO seminar before she can use her married name. That is one of the requirements for the passport renewal.
She can choose where it will be convenient for her to attend the seminar- Manila or Cebu. I attended the CFO seminar (PRISM) in Manila last tues (2-16) and it just took less than 2 hours for the seminar and an hour to wait for the certificate at the CFO office. I will just have to come back for the CFO sticker when I have the visa.
Liane,
Thanks for that, my wife is booked on a flight to Manila on Monday to hopefully complete the formalities,
Does she need any other docs besides NSO marriage cert, baptismal cert, birth cert, her expiring passort and two pics?

liane
20th February 2010, 23:57
Liane,
Thanks for that, my wife is booked on a flight to Manila on Monday to hopefully complete the formalities,
Does she need any other docs besides NSO marriage cert, baptismal cert, birth cert, her expiring passport and two pics?

So she will have the seminar in Manila then? If so, yes she needs to bring copies of birth and marriage certificate, pictures of you together, picture of your kids, some id's, divorce papers (if ever divorced), nbi clearance or any related documents. Some counselors are looking for some documents that are not listed on the cfo website. What I did was I gave them a call before I had the seminar to double check the requirements, seminar started at 10am. You could read some more about the CFO seminar on this thread http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=1300&highlight=CFO+seminar

For the passport renewal- marriage certificate (NSO copy), birth certificate (xerox copy but they didn't ask me for, i just have it ready ), xerox copy of CFO certificate (they will have to check the original copy), i gave 4 copies of passport size pictures (royal blue background).

stretch33
21st February 2010, 08:37
Liane,
Thanks again for your advice on this, my wife tells me its first come first served at the seminar with a mazimum if 12 people.
In that case should she arrive early becoz it will be a pain to get there and miss out becoz its already full.
Thx Phil :)

johncar54
21st February 2010, 08:46
Re the questions at the seminar.

Just be aware that when they ask you questions about your spouse and his/her family, they do not know the answers, so you can say just about anything.

liane
21st February 2010, 10:33
Liane,
Thanks again for your advice on this, my wife tells me its first come first served at the seminar with a mazimum if 12 people.
In that case should she arrive early becoz it will be a pain to get there and miss out becoz its already full.
Thx Phil :)

Where did she chose to have her seminar? I thought UK schedule is just Tuesday and Thursday just like what it is posted on the CFO website but when I asked the schedule at PRISM (Taft Ave.) they said they do the seminar M-F regardless of what country you are bound to. I was there an hour early (9am) and it was not even full. She needs to fill up some registration form and pay the fee (Php250) so she must be a little early.

I chose to have it on Taft Ave (opposite of DLSU) because it's near the CFO office where you could get the CFO certificate upon presenting the zerox copy of the guidance and counseling certificate of attendance from PRISM and pay (Php400).

stretch33
21st February 2010, 17:43
Hi Liane,
Once again you input most useful. You are right for UK applications its Tuesday and Thursday. My wife is going to the British Embassy on Monday to collect the kids passports and birth reg docs.
She was going to have the seminar at The Good Shepherd Convent in Quezon City as she is staying nearby.
Maybe l will tell her to go to Taft Avenue though, especially if she will need to go to the CFO office to collect her papers. Hopefully they wont take to long coz she will fly back to Davao tuesday at 5 pm !!!
Is the CFO near to the PRISM place then?
Thanks to everybody for their comments

abby
21st February 2010, 20:24
hi stretch33,

sorry to interrupt the conversation but just wanna share my experience with the CFO! Since your wife is staying in Quezon city which is near The Good Shepherd Convent, she must go there... SHe just need to be there early in the morning but they have 3 sessions in one day so if she cant make it to the 1st session, then she still have the options. UK applicants are entertained everyday in the Good Shepherd Covent.

I had my CFO seminar and my sticker in the Good Shepherd Convent. I went there early in the morning sign in the registration form in the guard, wait for my name to be called to pay and for the application form. Then attended the seminar for an hour, then a small interview then after that get the certificate of attendance and the get CFO sticker at the back of the convent... I did everything in 2 hours, then i leave PI on the next day.. As easy as that!

Hope it helps...

stretch33
21st February 2010, 21:55
Hi Abby,
No problem, the more help the better! Funny enough l just called my missus and told her to go to Taft avenue cos she needs her CFO certifcate.
So can she get all the requirements from the Good Shepherd convent all at one place??
The hotel she is staying at is only 10 minutes away so it would be much better.......knowing the traffic in Manila.

Thank you for your input
Phil

liane
22nd February 2010, 00:00
That is nice if she's staying near the Good Shepherd convent, that would be very convenient for her- less traffic and
less pollution :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Good luck to your missus :)

abby
22nd February 2010, 10:36
yes stretch33,

she can get everything in Good Shepherd Convent...!!!!

stretch33
22nd February 2010, 20:00
Liane & Abby, Special thanks to you for your advice and information, thanks to everybody who commented.
Wife got the certificate today at the Good Shepherd, she went straight there after her visit to the Embassy and they entertained her during the afternoon.
She had to call me at 6am UK time this morning to ask my mothers maiden name !!!! and my works phone number! Seems an odd question for them to ask but still all done now.
Thanks again

IainBusby
23rd February 2010, 09:40
Liane & Abby, Special thanks to you for your advice and information, thanks to everybody who commented.
Wife got the certificate today at the Good Shepherd, she went straight there after her visit to the Embassy and they entertained her during the afternoon.
She had to call me at 6am UK time this morning to ask my mothers maiden name !!!! and my works phone number! Seems an odd question for them to ask but still all done now.
Thanks again

As I myself and others have said before, they seem to make it up as they go along and the only way to deal with them is to beat them at their own game by making the answers up as you go along...... If they ask a stupid question and you don't know the answer, then just answer them confidently with a stupid but plausible answer.

Q. What is the full name name of your husband's/fiance's grandmother's first cousin twice removed? :Erm:
A. Gertrude Smith.

They don't know the answers so you can tell them whatever you like.

Iain.

marlyn&kenny
23rd February 2010, 12:45
Where did she chose to have her seminar? I thought UK schedule is just Tuesday and Thursday just like what it is posted on the CFO website but when I asked the schedule at PRISM (Taft Ave.) they said they do the seminar M-F regardless of what country you are bound to. I was there an hour early (9am) and it was not even full. She needs to fill up some registration form and pay the fee (Php250) so she must be a little early.

I chose to have it on Taft Ave (opposite of DLSU) because it's near the CFO office where you could get the CFO certificate upon presenting the zerox copy of the guidance and counseling certificate of attendance from PRISM and pay (Php400).

HI GUYS! Can i have the address where i can have the seminar for CFO certificate as i need it for change of passport. Thanks a lot!

liane
23rd February 2010, 13:00
HI GUYS! Can i have the address where i can have the seminar for CFO certificate as i need it for change of passport. Thanks a lot!

Here's the link and you can find the address with some map as well and the requirements for the seminar :xxgrinning--00xx3:
http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=329&Itemid=78

marlyn&kenny
24th February 2010, 05:29
Here's the link and you can find the address with some map as well and the requirements for the seminar :xxgrinning--00xx3:
http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=329&Itemid=78
Thanks a lot liane! God bless